Best cantina in Junktown.
Dapper Dog

Re: Riss' Kind of Excitement [Day 2, ME]

Post by Dapper Dog »

Plenty of folks that fit the bill is she looking for someone that is a traveler or White Maw?
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss eyes out a comfortably seasoned traveler of these parts and approaches them first. Wearing that award winning smile of hers she takes up position just beside their table, "Mind yourself a plus one for the evenings drinks? I do hate drinking alone," she asks, a touch sweetly but still carrying herself with that confidence of a woman used to seedy bars.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Red Blade.jpg
Red Blade.jpg (24.04 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
There were a few twi’lek and devaronian women hanging around a big spender but he dismissed them as the card game finished. A human woman slammed his table claiming he was a cheat and then two blaster bolts silenced her, forever.

Two White Maw drag her corpse away, one apologizing profusely to the Red Blade.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Someone's a little spicy tonight," she says, to whoever she was nearest. Not quite caring for them she moved through the crowd and was not subtle about gawping at "the Red Blade" which was an ominous title if she ever did see one. Taking a hint from the locals, she didn't approach like a meathead but did watch with that unabashed air of curiosity about her.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

After tending to a few errands, Aurilie would make the long trek back to Junk Town. It perhaps wasn't so advisable to go so late but the cover of the evening would at least help mask where she came from at least. She pushed the door open and strolled in, dressed in white and carrying her rifle with her. This seemed to be the spot.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Riss wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:44 pm
"Someone's a little spicy tonight," she says, to whoever she was nearest. Not quite caring for them she moved through the crowd and was not subtle about gawping at "the Red Blade" which was an ominous title if she ever did see one. Taking a hint from the locals, she didn't approach like a meathead but did watch with that unabashed air of curiosity about her.
He spin his blaster and holstered it and then said aloud with a digitally modulated voice, "I don't do autographs."
Aurilie Alde wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:59 pm
After tending to a few errands, Aurilie would make the long trek back to Junk Town. It perhaps wasn't so advisable to go so late but the cover of the evening would at least help mask where she came from at least. She pushed the door open and strolled in, dressed in white and carrying her rifle with her. This seemed to be the spot.
The place was crowded with dancers on a stage loud music and violence.

This was the spot.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:05 pm
He spin his blaster and holstered it and then said aloud with a digitally modulated voice, "I don't do autographs."
"But do you do drinks?" she asks, stepping a bit more forward with the most charming smile she could manage to muster. Eyes not quite leaving this individual with whom her interest was suddenly not wholly professional. In a break from that locked contact she might notice Aurilie, but not quite yet as she focuses in on her current quarry.

"Everyone around here seems to know who you are, and I must say I'm very curious."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Red Blade," he responded in that same voice. "I see you already know the House."
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I do, but I also do want to know so much more. So, what do you say, mmm?" she says, dangling a little on a raised heel to give that little eager timeliness to the whole ask.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

There was no point in buying a drink and sitting back to enjoy the ambiance. This was not Aurilie typical or preferred scene, so she did put some expediency in her purpose here. She had a name to go back and made her way over to the first bartender or server she could snag for their attention, asking for a rodian called Beezeldiz.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:19 pm
There was no point in buying a drink and sitting back to enjoy the ambiance. This was not Aurilie typical or preferred scene, so she did put some expediency in her purpose here. She had a name to go back and made her way over to the first bartender or server she could snag for their attention, asking for a rodian called Beezeldiz.
The bartender tapped the counter for some scratch before the answered.
Riss wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:15 pm
"I do, but I also do want to know so much more. So, what do you say, mmm?" she says, dangling a little on a raised heel to give that little eager timeliness to the whole ask.
"Have a seat then, I am in no hurry to leave," Red Blade replied.
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:22 pm
The bartender tapped the counter for some scratch before the answered.
Oh yes, the good old grease money. Aurilie frowned at this but realized that it was necessary. When you were living among predators and vultures, everyone was always looking for an opportunity to make a quick buck. She reached into the pockets of her parka to pull out an even amount of credits before laying them out on the counter. 100 credits. Thankfully, she was well-travelled enough that there weren't entirely minty clean Alderaanian Republic denominations or make. "This will do."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The bartender gestured to the upper level and got back to work.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Taking up a seat with the Red Blade she takes a quick look around, and now notices her childhood friend standing by the bar. A curious look falling over her as she squints a little in disbelief. With a whistle, she waves over in Aurilie's direction if she looks but otherwise focuses back on the man her opposite. Arms settling down into a little business-like look as she regards him and his demeanor a moment.

"I don't know you, I don't think," she says, eyes squinting a little. "But for some reason I find a vibe.." she smirks, and shrugs. "What do you do anyway, Red Blade? What kinda stuff gets you signing autographs?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

She nodded at the bartender and was about to make her way over to the upper level to get searching for the rodian until she heard the whistle. At first, she might have mistaken it as a cat call of sorts. It was surprising how little difference many layers of clothing would do. However, it was hard to miss Riss's presence once she found the source of the whistle.

Her eyes narrowed at her friend, rather nonplussed to see Riss just hanging around so casually. What is she doing just socializing around here? Then again, the same question could be said about her.

She made her way over to where Riss was seated and said little in the way of words, nodding to both her and her company. If there was some sort of cover or narrative here, she wasn't going to blow it by talking.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Riss wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:15 pm
Taking up a seat with the Red Blade she takes a quick look around, and now notices her childhood friend standing by the bar. A curious look falling over her as she squints a little in disbelief. With a whistle, she waves over in Aurilie's direction if she looks but otherwise focuses back on the man her opposite. Arms settling down into a little business-like look as she regards him and his demeanor a moment.

"I don't know you, I don't think," she says, eyes squinting a little. "But for some reason I find a vibe.." she smirks, and shrugs. "What do you do anyway, Red Blade? What kinda stuff gets you signing autographs?"
"I don't do it for the fame, I am just good at what I do, and what I do is very bad, very bad indeed," the Red Blade responded.

"But you, you I am wondering what brings you here."
Riss

Post by Riss »

"A lot of that wondering going around I see," she says with a smile, and then directs her eyes over toward the arrived Aurilie for a moment. Looking her over. "I'm very surprised to find you here dear. Wound what you're up to?" Riss cocks her head to the side and leans in a little. Flashing a smile she settles back.

"If you need me you know where I am, mmm?" she says, flashing one more smile before looking back to Red Blade. To him, she says, "I was curious. Following up on a rumor I caught all the way across the galaxy that just so happened to line up with our current circumstance. I'm ever the curious kind of girl, and just can't help myself poking at life's little mysteries, mm? Current one is this Beezeldiz character, very interesting sort," she says, and taps her first two fingers against the table.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Queen's newest pet and First Mate, heard he was a big time gambler from Hutt Space. Trying to see if he is on the level?" he responded.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Casually glancing to Aurilie, as if it were something she figured the other woman should pick up on as well, "New and town and a big time gambler, those two things don't often go together well when it comes to trust.." she taps her fingers again, her eyes going a little distant when she does as she drifts deeper into thought on that.

"Yes, I would say I am," she returns, looking directly at Red Blade. "Good to know who and what the people closest to power might be up to, mmm?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"You're in a pirate haven, the first rule should be trust no one, no one is here for any amount of time for the right reasons. Betrayal is a daily occurrence in Junktown, if someone can benefit from your misery they will. But I am sure you knew that," he said tapping his fingers on the table.
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie gave a glance at Riss's current company and gave a nod but kept her distance for now until she was invited. She could almost feel Riss getting into some sort of hot water here without knowing. Not like her, of course. She was going to be totally responsible and careful doing the exact same thing.

"Looking for work," she said curtly, pretending they were only acquaintances. "An exchange of services for goods. I was on my way to see Beezeldiz, actually."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Oh, I do," she says with a wink as Aurilie speaks. Turning her attention to the other woman with her head resting in a raised hand, palm cradling her cheek.

"Would you look at that, Beezlediz is getting all sorts of attention today. I hear he might just be who can offer you something around these parts," she says, and glances around the room. Focusing on Aurilie a little more with a squint to her eyes, "I am surprised though."

"Gamblers do like taking risks though, don't you think?" she asks, looking back to Red Blade.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It's not a risk when you are the House, the House always wins," Red Blade mused.
Riss

Post by Riss »

With a little little teasy shake of her head she glances over him. Shrugging, she says, "I've seen the house lose once or twice, but you certainly don't bet on it." Riss brings a hand up to her chest, touching it with her extended fingers, "I just try not to do any betting. Work more in sure things, easier to make friends," she smiles.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Nothing on Hoth is a sure thing besides freezing to death and meeting the strangest people," he responded.