Best cantina in Junktown.
Riss

Riss' Kind of Excitement [Day 2, ME]

Post by Riss »

Back at Echo base there was supposedly some kind of sermon with all the Sith crazies doing their crazy thing. Sooo, in the off-chance that those Sith crazies exploded in some kind of culty whatever she wanted to be about as far away from the base as possible. Which was only fitting that she'd been plotting out a journey toward Junk Town in the back of her mind since they crashed here. Everyone else seemed to know their places better than she could honestly help directing them most of the time, and so she was pretty confident the base wouldn't miss her too much. Better to see what kind of thread she could pull out here in Junk Town where the people were more alike those she used to spend so many years around.

Having made arrangements with those at the base she could lend the ear of, she put together transportation for herself out this way.

Of course, Dryden used to be a great measure of protection between her and them back when she was as vulnerable as she was now. However, the years made her confident and cocky so maybe it would shake out for the best. Finding her way through the town to the Dead Man's Hand she enters the establishment and takes a good look around. Moving through the bodies that occupy the floorspace until she can arrive at the bar, and settles into a space that she claims as if it was always meant for her. With a flashed pretty smile she waits for the bartender.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Re: Riss' Kind of Excitement [Day 2, ME]

Post by Dapper Dog »

The bartender was a handsome Gamorrean with a rather luscious pot belly and rippling muscles. His tusks are adorned with aurum rings. He winked and said in Huttese, “What’s your pleasure miss, we got booze, we got spirits, and if you're really lucky we got some fun.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Now now aren't you the looker?" she says flirtatiously, lying through her teeth considering that humans and Gamorreans tastes were almost never the same when it came to bedroom partners. Hands clasped on the counter she leans in a little with a charming smile. "So, I am a big fan of spirits, and fun, but most importantly I'm looking for one of my drinking partners tonight. Name's Beezlediz, have you seen 'im? I'm an old friend, Riss Lanar, if he asks who it is," she says, another smile.

Riss is certain to enunciate that request very clearly so as to let it travel and connect with nearby ears if the bartender wasn't any help on the matter. Hopefully someone else in earshot would be.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Fifty creds for the drink," he said kindly.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Whipping up her comm code, and 100 credits, she slides them both over discreetly, "You'd let me know if someone else came lookin' for me, right killer?" she asks, glances to her hand and only pulls away once he's in reach to collect and not a moment sooner. Girl was much too practiced to let folk take a glance at how much she had on the table.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

He nodded and poured her a drink and then with his eyes directed her to an upper level.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Thanks handsome," she bids him farewell with a flirty wink, collects that drink and proceeds to make her way around to the upper level.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

A roaring card game was under way on the upper level with lots of creds on the line. Riss arrives just as the hand goes to a rather dapper rodian. Seeing Riss he said in Huttese, “You coming to give me more tribute like these fine gentle-pirates?”
Riss

Post by Riss »

"How much is the buy in?" she asks, coming up to the side of one of those very pirates who seemed a little more malleable than the rest. Casting him a quick smile before crossing her arms over her chest and continuing her conversation, "I'd love the opportunity. Could tell you all about these rumors I've been hearing," she unfolds and places one hand on her chest, "Riss Lanar, a pleasure."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"First Mate Beezlediz, at your service..." he said shuffling. "So what are these, uh, rumors you are hearing?" he continued in Huttese.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Contunuing in Huttese, which is as close as one can get to putting a patch on your shirt that reads, 'Oh yes, I have been a criminal for quite some years!' as one can get, Riss continues with her standard charming disposition, "Heard you might be the one to look for if I'm hoping for a bit of excitement. Little money, bit of fun, and these rumors came all the way to me over on Alderaan so you've cast yourself quite the net my friend," she says with a bright smile.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

He gestured for the people to leave him and once satisfied he responded in Huttese, “Well it is possible, what credentials do you have that would be of use to the House and do be thorough. Need a drink?”
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Got one," she says, giving a little raise to the hand that held her acquired drink. Taking a seat opposite the Rodian known as Beezlediz. Looking around at the cards on the table just to get a sense of what game was actually being played passively enough while she continues to speak.

"You ever hear of the ship the Rimma Roundabout? That's me. Used to work with a smuggler named Dryden back in the day too," she says, but her voice drops off a little on that. Eyes watching the Rodian carefully.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Impressive, did you do anything or were you just a stowaway," he said with a patented Rodian smile.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'm the kinda girl you want to have when you want someone to talk you in, or talk you out, of a mess. People like me," she adds with a quippy sound to her tone, and the flash of a smile.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"You have that special something for sure," he agreed. "I like you, so I'll give you a chance."
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Alright then," she lays both of her palms down on the table, tapping away with her thumb a bit anxiously. That little nerve in at the back of the neck which acts up when you're feeling something coming. Something you gotta be ready for.

"So, what's next?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

He tosses her a card, an ace or Star wars equivalent, and said, "I need to get the rest of the team. Maybe get friendly with the locals, get the lay of the land. The usual."
Riss

Post by Riss »

Eyes flit to the card while she listens. Picking it up between two fingers she flips it over once, and then twice, quick checking it didn't have any other special markers on it before tucking it into her jacket inner pocket.

"Need a hand with that? Like I said, I'm good with people. Know folk. Otherwise I'm guessing I'll be sat on the whole, 'Ill keep in touch' bench, mm?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It's a pirate town, it won't lack for excitement," he responded. "Just be patient, tomorrow I should have the things lined up."

"Then we make billions."
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Sure," she says, a little less certain about it than she was prior. Still, if it proves to be a thorn in the side for the pirates even a little, it can't hurt. With a raised glass she downs the drink that the bartender gave her. Shifting with that to prepare to leave she stop, and checks her things as if she forgot something but she didn't.

"Say I wanna stay local here in Junk Town, you know a good place?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Plenty of bunk houses, best place is right here in the Cantina, and not just because I get a cut of the profit," he responded.
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Thanks," she says, flashing a smile and then departing down to the cantina proper. There was plenty of fun to be had in gives like this one and Riss wasn't a girl who was about to go home before she's had her fill of all that she might.

It was time to flirt, and be shameless.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

What next for Riss?
Riss

Post by Riss »

Getting a little cozier with some of the locals was exactly what Riss would do, because after all they had information she'd like to have as well. Walking around the Dead Man's Hand she kept an eye out for a particular group that looked like it could use a +1, with a slight preference for booth space cause she was a comfort seeking bougie kinda gal when she felt the mood.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."