The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Remmington Balmung

Blizzard Entertainment [MA7, Patrol]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington keeps his thermal cloak wrapped around him as he rides his tauntaun. Visibility is poor with the blizzard out but thankfully they have Imperial Advanced probes with them. The new armour he has helps clear the obscurity a little bit. His armour is painted mainly black then white with some red highlights. He comes to a stop and checks on his companions.

"Is everyone holding up okay?" He asks.

/Expecting Aphr + Breela. Time slot has been changed.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Breela Po

Re: Blizzard Entertainment [MA7, Patrol]

Post by Breela Po »

Breela follows behind. Dressed like normal except her armor is sealed to keep the elements out. "All good here." She gives her Tauntaun a warm pat. "I know it goes without saying, but stay frosty. I'm a bit wary of the attacks on our other patrols. If you get a bad feeling, or if something doesn't look right. Report immediately, let's try not to lose sight of one-another."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

"I don't think we have any choice aside from staying frosty." Remmington replies with a smirk.

"How is visibility on your ends?" He asks.

/ Remmy will have offered to lend someone his Scanner Goggles again. +1eB to Perception or Vigilance.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr however was wrapped up pretty tightly. She was glad to have multiple thermal cloaks at this point so she could cycle them while washing the other.

"Does this planet ever have summer?" Aphr said, trying not to sound whiny but not doing a good job "I can barely see."
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"If I'm not mistaken this IS the summer. It's solstice should be a few weeks away." Breela brushes snow off her tauntaun. "I hate this planet so much."

"As for visibility? I can't see a kriffing thing. Gonna be relying on the instruments, so don't stop talking you two."

(OOC: Been a minute since I've done one of these. What should we roll in terms of difficulty, and what's the probe do?)
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Well stay close then. It's really easy to lose yourself here, or be found here. Follow me" she offered to the others, showing them how to get through without drawing attention

(ooc:
D7MA Patrol stealth roll. Boost from Imperial droids. Flow: 2eA+1eP+2eB+3eD 2 successes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage/
(D7MA Patrol force dice for flow missed: 2eF 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImage) healing 1 strain with DS

1/4 successes
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Very easy to get lost especially as they find a group of pirates are harrying them in the blizzard, using the cover of snow to take shots at them, they must be in the dozens and stay hidden striking from the blowing snows.

They are relentless but not foolish.

OOC: Using two Despair from a previous Opportunity to upgrade the difficulty all rolls from here on it by one. This makes the difficulty 1eC+2eD+3eS for skill checks. One setback for the weapons fire and two setback due to the blizzard.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

In the first wave of incoming fire Breela dismounts and leads her tauntaun over to the others. "I'll take care of this." She whispers into the comms. She zig zags towards the incoming fire using several force jumps. She falls into short range of the pirates who take one look at her and flee. She quickly loses them in the storm then makes her way back. "Chumps."

(Darnit! I had a triumph before the reroll :/ )
1 lightside now 1 success.
2 advantage heals strain
7 boost, or 3 upgrades. Rollers choice.

Athletics Check (ReRoll): 2eP+2eA+2eF+1eC+2eD+3eS+2eB 6 advantage, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Breela Po on Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:05 am
OOC: Using two Despair from a previous Opportunity to upgrade the difficulty all rolls from here on it by one. This makes the difficulty 1eC+2eD+3eS for skill checks. One setback for the weapons fire and two setback due to the blizzard.
ooc: does thermal cloak counter 2 of the setbacks?
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Successful checks you need two more successful checks.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:21 am
Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:05 am
ooc: does thermal cloak counter 2 of the setbacks?
OOC: Yes.
Remmington Balmung

When the attack from the pirates begins, Remmington decides to head over to protect the Imperial Probes. "Buy me some time. I'll see what I can do about adjusting our sensors so we're not fighting blind."

/ Patrol with blizzard + pirates. Mechanics/Int @ 1eC+2eD+3eS. -2eS Thermal cloaks. -1eS Inventor. Master Artisan -1 Difficulty. Custom Toolkit. Intuitive Improvements. 4eP+1eA+2eB+2eF+1eC+1eD =
3 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+2 Strain
Light -> Advantage
+3eB to next roll
Forgot to add Imperial Probe boost
Triumph... maybe adjust sensors for Imperial probes to detect pirates in blizzard? Any other suggestions people?

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Follow me, I can see a way through"

Aphr waved to the others, then through sensible thinking and coordination they got out of the awkward shooting situation and were able to continue their patrol

(ooc: D7MA Patrol Coordination. 3 boost from Remmy, 1 boost from droids. 2 setbacks negated by thermal cloak. Influence. Dapper flips: 2eA+1eP+4eB+2eF+1eC+2eD+1eS 1 success, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Using 2 DS for advantages to heal strain
(edit dapper didn't flip I misread it was despairs being used so ignore that line! Roll still correct)
4/4 passed, patrol completed
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:20 am
Triumph... maybe adjust sensors for Imperial probes to detect pirates in blizzard? Any other suggestions people?
(OOC: Discover pirate comms frequency that you can use to track them in the snow or dark?)

"Stang it, I would have rather captured some of them. Find out who's coordinating these kriffing ambushes and neutralize them."

Remmington Balmung

"Keep alert. They may have left us some nasty surprises." Remmington warns as he keeps his eyes open.

/ Discovering pirate comm sounds great to me.
I think we need 6 Successes now from what DD said earlier.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I'm sure they were likely thinking the same of us" Aphr said calmly, being glad the conditions made it easier to hide her worries "better to make it back safely than take a risk and get captured ourselves. We've confirmed they're getting close again after all."
Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:04 am
/ Discovering pirate comm sounds great to me.
I think we need 6 Successes now from what DD said earlier.
(ooc - this was in reply to Bree as they didn't realise it was 4 separated rolls not 4 successes to complete a patrol)
Remmington Balmung

Remmington continues to monitor the sensors before he finally pries himself away. "Looks like we're in the clear now."

/ Looks like we're good. Patrol complete.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Whew, they're getting a bit close aren't they?" Aphr commented as she got clear
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"This feels targeted. And it keeps happening! I hate everything about this." She kicks the snow. "I'm just ready to go on the offensive already."

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Soon Breela. I can feel it" Aphr said quietly "the fighting is coming very soon. It's in the air already, and the Force moves with it."

(ooc - just so I remember, end of thread cool D7MA end of thread cool to recover strain - Balance to include force dice: 2eA+1eP+2eF 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImage
heal 2 strain )
Remmington Balmung

"Hmm... what's this?" Remmington notices something as he is about to turn off the sensors. He listens for a moment.

"We got it. We got the pirates comm frequency! We better hurry and bring this back to the general." He says excitedly and starts to pack up and get back on his tauntaun.

/ Triumph for Pirate Comms Frequency get! :D
Not going to bother rolling for Cool. :lol: