The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Hacha Tsuko

[EA D6, Patrol] Looking for Trouble

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

The Turtle wobbles a bit in the atmosphere, still slightly off balance from the damage of the previous fight and now missing its main cannon.

"We're still a bit banged up boss, but she'll be fine. A bit sluggish from the harsh weather conditions, but she'll do just fine for a look-lo"
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Layne Hoshin

Re: [EA D6, Patrol] Looking for Trouble

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne went out; still without any of her proper gear. Which sucked, but she had a stick and that was enough to handle anything that might come her way. Not that there was likely to come her way if she was safely aboard this ship. Apparently she'd been onboard it once before. But that was years ago.

"Uh, I appreciate the invite I guess but... I'm not sure I'm much use up here?"

With her stick.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"You have other functional uses, I imagine, Layne." Nudimsu said, shouting from the cockpit. "Meanwhile, I am still trying to adjust back the ship from Garth's preferences. How does he do so well when he pilot's the ship like it was a brick?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I hit things with sticks, that's what I do. I hit things."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"We may have to land and hit things. We'll see what happens." Galen said, watching the white expanse below.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Well, the only things to hit with a stick right now is Hacha, Lana, if she's there...hard to tell sometimes...Galen, myself, or whoever else came aboard. I think it would not be the best move to make when quite a few meters up in the air; it's a long way down."

He paused. "Also, they gave you a stick to defend yourself? Really?"

He turned back and did a small nod. "Oh, hello Galen, it has been some time. How is your wife?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Probably angry with me for leaving her with the kids for this long." he sighed. "I'll need to bring back some gifts."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"It is a very nice stick, and I could probably kill all of you with it if I wanted to," she said.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:41 pm
"Probably angry with me for leaving her with the kids for this long." he sighed. "I'll need to bring back some gifts."
"I've become better at gift giving of late, it feels like, but the best gift would be bringing you back alive, I feel. Second only to candy. Or a goat. Have you considered taking a goat back with you?" There was some low-key enthusiasm in his voice as he said that.

Looking back at Layne he says. "I will just have to take your word for it, just in case a lightsaber comes at you. Let me know if you want me to shoot at you to test it out." His voice returned to being more neutral when he said that, though one could have mistakenly seen a small smirk rise up on his lips if you looked at the right angle.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I have a goat. Azaria will be thrilled, at least." He chuckled. "No, I'll need some sweets."

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:26 pm
"I hit things with sticks, that's what I do. I hit things."
"Wait, they stuck you with a stick? My watching of Vera Hawke told me many different things. "

Hacha looks over the sensors of the Turtle.

"The base isn't in the best of shape to keep her in repair but our sensors are still holding up fine"

Looking for Trouble D6 Patrol-Formidible Mechanics-Difficulty decreased due to Signature Vehicle: 4eP+2eA+1eB+4eD 4 successes, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Pass 1/1 upgrade next roll)

(Needed a challenge die, still passed)

Mechanics reroll due to needing a challenge die: 4eP+2eA+1eB+3eD+1eC 6 successes, 1 advantage
Last edited by Hacha Tsuko on Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:54 pm
"I have a goat. Azaria will be thrilled, at least." He chuckled. "No, I'll need some sweets."
"Kids implies more than one. Have you considered getting two? That way the other child doesn't get jealous?"

It was rather stressful experience with the Turtle being in as bad shape as it was; keeping it steady. He could do it, of course, it was what he was born to do. It didn't get rid of the headache that it caused. "We really should see to getting this ship fixed soon."

~~
L33T Piloting Skillz REDO ([EA D6, Patrol] Looking for Trouble): 4eP+1eA+4eD+1eC 1 success, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

((Setback to next roll))

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I think the best gift Galen can give is bringing back the cool aunt" Aphr commented with a grin. She had been looking out of a window at the huge amount of white surrounding the place, and missing sunny beaches.

"I think we've done that part of the...completely identical snow. There's a few building-like shapes there that could be hiding someone" she added as she coordinated the patrol from her wall.

(ooc:D6EA Patrol Coordination at Formidable with upgrade. Setback from Nudi. Destiny flip: 1eA+2eP+2eF+1eS+4eD+1eC 1 success, 4 threat, 2 Dark Side
2 DS for advantages to cancel out the threat. 2 thread left to pass a setback to the next person

3(?)/5 rolls passed
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

"Ok, starting the area sensor sweep now." Hacha taps on the keyboard, and gets nothing but static back. "Eeeek. Nothing usable out there. I'll reroute power to you guys."

Looking for Trouble Patrol-D6-Computers-Formiddable with upgrade, passed setback: 2eP+4eA+1eC+4eD+1eS 6 failures, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
(Failure, 3/4 rolls passed. Passing boost to the next two players)
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne meanwhile was doing the most important thing the mission required; moving heavy crates and boxes around so they wouldn't come loose from any sudden maneuvers and accidentally crush someone...

...however there was a sudden maneuver and she got crushed under a heavy crate...

...also her lethal stick might have tripped her up a little...

...fortunately, she wasn't hurt, and the crate turned out to contain some relevant datapads that the crew of the turtle had totally forgotten about but that might be marginally helpful under the circumstances.

Athletics (Enhance), boosts and stuff: 2eP+3eA+2eB+2eF+1eC+4eD 2 failures, 5 advantage, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"There are some heavy drifts down there." Galen studied the landscape. "Set down to the east. That will be the easiest approach."

- - -
[EA D6, Patrol] Looking for Trouble, Survival, Setback from Aphr, Explorer's Knife: 3eP+1eB+4eD+1eC+1eS 1 success, 5 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

We were all rolling at the same time.

4 successful rolls.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr tried to peek out.

"Do you see anything?"
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Fine, we'll drop it down here. Galen, take the helm. Layne, clean up your mess." With that, he depressurizes his armor and places it to the side, and with his sneak suit, grabbing his thermal cloak in the process and drops down to the ground to begin his search.

~~
Sneaky Sneaky Chiss: Snow Chiss Edition Patrol 2!: 4eP+1eA+2eS+1eC+3eD 5 successes, 3 threat

5 successful rolls

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Clean up my mess?" She gave an annoyed reply, "This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't veered off to the right suddenly!"
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Use the Force to predict my movements next time." She was fun to mess with. Is this why Breela did it to him? Was...he turning to Breela?

That was a terrible thought to have while in the middle of the snow.

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hacha grins as the green light suddenly comes on.

"Whatever you did boss, it worked. The local base scanners have triangulated with the mess we took back."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He made his way himself back into the ship and started to put back on his heated armor in front of everyone. "I have found a lot of use with this suit out here, but the thing is so skin tight; feels like I'm wearing nothing at all."

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen was able to keep things steady, but not much more. The ship was nothing like his speeder bike.

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Nudimsu wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:21 pm
He made his way himself back into the ship and started to put back on his heated armor in front of everyone. "I have found a lot of use with this suit out here, but the thing is so skin tight; feels like I'm wearing nothing at all."
"Nothing at all? Nothing at all?" Hacha taps his headset? "Sorry, I think we have an echo on the comms. But so far, things look clear. Let's swing back to base"
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Finding nothing is better than finding something" Aphr said with a smile, holding onto something "shall we head back?"