The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Darth Bellious

Code Blue [LA6]

Post by Darth Bellious »

The Bitch was full of Chiss, as many as two actually, and could potentially get more. While sufficiently away from Echo, it switched to one of pirate frequencies. Razzya of House Chaf sent a short message in Cheunh that would likely intersperse with regular inane chatter.

"Chaf'razz'yatee'waz calls one abbreviated as Syrian for a meeting in accord with Chiss norms of civility. I am waiting for time and place to be named."

And now, they waited.

[Flipping Destiny]
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Captain Syrian

Re: Code Blue [LA6]

Post by Captain Syrian »

A shuttle begins its descent and touches down not far from those gathered. The ramp lowers and down comes the captain.
Pirate King | Brilliant Tactician | White Maw | Naval Commander | Chiss

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

It was often years in between meeting another of his kind. Now he met 2 and one who sort of wanders around. He still was not sure of the play here with this captain with what Bellious wanted, but hopefully she didn't end up getting killed for her efforts.

Wait, the Chiss is Syrian?
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

He waited at the foot of his shuttle shadows of his entourage waiting on the shuttle. He spoke in Basic, "You called me here for a reason."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Yes. Actually three consecutive reasons. The first is to establish your status. In reciprocity, I present mine. I concurrently serve as an intelligence analyst for a Darth, assigned to this role by the Ascendancy. You fashion yourself a captain. Are you currently the head of an independent pirate faction, or a naval officer in the service of the Immortal and/or the Zakuul, or do you perhaps still retain primary loyalty to the Ascendancy?" She spoke in Cheunh. "This answer will demarcate the rest of the conversation."
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"Just a pirate madam," he said in basic. "Not here to discuss my history, what do you want? You have five minutes."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"It appears that the Sith's gamble to drag all the Chiss she knew here to talk to you may have been rather pointless, then. Well, if you have no authority within the Ascendency, then I may speak, as I am a Exile much like you appear to be."

Nudimsu nods. "If five minutes is all we have, then we will be brief. It is obvious to us that Zakuul will drop you and your entire forces the moment it becomes expident to do so. The humans, after all, view us as nothing more than savages and would likely not wish for their technology to go too far from their grasp. We would like the opportunity to work with you to ensure you have more allies when that time comes."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

“Why or what is Zakuul? I have seen that name a few times, is that where that crazy woman is from?” he responded.

He scoffed and said, “Are you from the Immortal, trying to strong arm me into siding with him? You tell him that if we do the Gree will probably stop supplying us those nice ships.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

That changed some things. A lot of things, in fact. He was very wrong on his initial thoughts, but a Chiss always knew how to adapt to plans. "Vaylin, yes, is from there. It seems my initial speculation on the matter was somewhat off. I had assumed it was the Eternal Empire who supplied you with your equipment, but instead it was this Gree. Which means we have yet to actually experience their might."

Would have been nice for Senya to have told me those were not their ships.

"We are not with the Immortal and can say with some certinty that we have no intention to ally with him at this time. We are with the Republic and Empire forces you have marooned here and wish to survive the coming Zakuulian threat."

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"I was never a fan of that plan, but I am glad to see my assessment was correct," he responded. "Four minutes, outline your proposal."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"The Immortal with all probability hopes they will crush you and the so-called Queen if he is a good lapdog for them. It is a smart play, temporarly at least, but in all likelihood he will be brought to heel or simply eliminated. Best chance is to make some moves to ensure that you are the only one with authority to command the pirate forces. So, we need to figure out a way to bring the Queen and The Immortal under control or underground."

He stares at him for a moment. "That would require information about them you likely have." He looks to the two women to confirm this intention.

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"I'll consider it," he responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"I suggest truce, intelligence-sharing, and coming to each other's aid whenever it is beneficial to do so. I want to listen to your terms. With so many powers at play here, status quo is untenable. The Echo Base personnel has urgent business elsewhere in the galaxy and wants to get out. Someone will rule Hoth after they leave and forget about it. It is rational to support rational stakeholders. You are Chiss, you are rational. To prove the intent, I am willing to stay with your crew, work for your success, and serve as the liaison." Razzya said in her slightly droning, noninflected voice.

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"Maybe," he said in reply, "We're pirates with ships, we can just leave for some other obscure bolt hole in the galaxy."

"It's more rational to just leave."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"So far you have stayed. There must be a reason then."

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"It's not complicated, Sith, we made money here, and we will stay until it is no longer profitable," he responded, noting the ship nearby.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"As a show of good faith, I can tell you that the Junktown is going to be moved against soon. Perhaps you can find profit in that, taking advantage of the Queen, and can name some incentives that would bring you into cooperation with us." Razzya continued.

Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

"Well woe unto her, you folks at Echo going to shut her down?" he asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He nods his head and looks to the Darth. "He is right: it is more rational to leave. I would leave too, if I could." He looks at the Darth and the Chiss with a serious look. "Unfortunately, you have several things tying you down here, so I cannot say how quick it will be. The Immortal wishes to appear strong and useful to the Eternal Empire when they arrive, I assume. Leaving would put a large damper on that plan, and he would likely not stand by and allow it to happen quietly."

He turned his head back to the Chiss and continues.

"I will note that, while you are not a priority to the Eternal Empire, you will still eventually be a target; they view all of us to be savages that need to be reigned in. It would be better to deal with them now, while you have some willing and expendable resources to you to help deal with the threat. We currently also have a...I suppose understanding would be the right word with the crazy woman after yesterday, so it is likely she will be able to help us with this. Most importantly, you would have the gratitude of both the Republic and Empire; two groups with much deeper pockets than either one of us. You could ask for much as a reward at the table from a position of air and space superiority, and past transgressions will be forgiven because of the much bigger threat the galaxy has to face. You can have all that, and all it would cost you is some information to have what are likely two daily headaches you have to deal with under your control or dealt with more permanently, and to deal with a problem now that you will deal with sooner or later."

His eyes widen as he continues. "I would call that a good deal, or at the very least, one I would at least give serious consideration to."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Hard Negotiation check, get a setback for his cynicism, get a boost die for role play.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:28 pm
OOC: Hard Negotiation check, get a setback for his cynicism, get a boost die for role play.
((Alright if Moyr rolls and I assist?))

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Nudimsu wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:30 pm
Dapper Dog wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:28 pm
((Alright if Moyr rolls and I assist?))
OOC: Sure if the Sidekick rolls it's daunting he does not like her.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Either she is there or she is not and last I checked she is not so how is the Force being used?
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Razzya swallowed the other Chiss' dislike; she was not the best negotiator, but she knew how to give arguments to the one doing the talking. She'd briefed Nudimsu enough. Probably not enough for the pirate though.

LA6. Valuable Facts. Underworld.: 1eP+4eA+2eD 2 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LA6. Valuable Facts. Underworld. Rerolling first Diff die.: 1eC 2 failures

[Nudimsu doesn't get a triumph. If some form of assist still counts, he gets 1 Advantage from Supporting Evidence, and 2 more from Improved Researcher, so 3 Advantage.]

[Razzya uses 4 Advantages on Underworld check to 2 boost for Nudie and 1 to recall dirt of Syrian.]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Well, it all sounded right in his head.

~~
Superior Negotiations, Destiny Flip because JFC, am I gonna need it...: 1eP+3eB+1eS+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

0 suxx, 2 advantages total.

Advantages spent to, I guess, let him think it over more and come back with a counter-offer later?