The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Pipka

Re: Why Would You Do That? (Day 6, LA, Wampa Hunt)

Post by Pipka »

Pipka makes his way to the entrance.

D6, LA, Wampa, Coordination, Entrance, DM flip: 6eA+1eC+2eD+1eB 1 success, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2 advantages to next roller.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie was careful in her approach. The years of dancing lessons often paid off for something.

Day 6, Early Afternoon: Coordination (Agility) at Hard with Flip, 2 Boost from Character, 1 Boost from Pipka: 1eP+3eA+3eB+1eC+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

3 Advantages to the next roller.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal tried to move as carefully as possible but...well...

mekawampa, skullduggery check, hard + gm flip: 2eA+1eP+2eD+1eC+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImagemekawampa, skullduggery check missing 2 boosts: 2eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImage

soooo 1 advantage?
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The group amkes their way across unknown they are walking through a now live mine field... Jan and Baesal find this out the hard way!

OOC: Both Jan and Baesal set off shrapnel mines but they are the only ones caught in it for 10 wounds, pierce 3
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The lightshield not activated the Togruta could not protect herself from the blast.

She barely had the time to snipe a ''Kriff damn it!'' before she was bleeding and on the ground

She reached for stims and used them immediately before getting to the entrance

(two stims used to go back to 12 hp)
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Click
“Well that’s not-“
Loud explosion.

Jan’s combat dress provides minimal protection against a shrapnel mine and the Director (once she’s picked her bloodied self off the floor) sighs as she injects a couple stims.

“Can’t fault the quality of Czerka explosives, I suppose.”
((Take 9 from the mine, 2 stims to heal 9))
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Hopefully we can deactivate those before we leave." Galen looked at the two of them with concern. "Alright, let's find this thing."

He cautiously began to move forward.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

When Jan walks through the computerized voice says, “Welcome Director, this site is Code Black, we advise you leave before immediate liquidation.”

“The… the… the…”

There is a glitch and then screeching sound and then the computer speaks again from speakers in the walls, “Director, this site is now our home. We advise you leave it.”
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

“… who am I speaking with? Because if anyone is repossessing Czerka property it’s me.”

Jan frowns up at the speakers before trying the generic Czerka Director level deactivation command.
“Epislonfivebyfive”
Although given the screeching she doubted that was going to work.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"We are the Security Administration, we no longer recognize your authority. This is our home, it was sealed shut and we have made it ours. Leave, we do not desire conflict," the computer responded.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

“…Is the mekawampa with you? We’re mainly here for that. I’m open to negotiation regarding this being your home. If you’re willing to talk I could negotiate regarding making your residence here permanent.”
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen paused and listened to the conversation. He watched for anything approaching from deeper inside.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie winced at the landmine explosions but was glad that her company was able to recover quickly. Something like that would have rattled her for probably a little longer to need a hot cup of tea or a sip of brandy. She found herself missing Ser Keyhote in this circumstance as he would have cleared the way without so much of a wince.

She looked to Jan before maintaining a cautious glance around the place. It might have been a good sign that there was some conflict here. If the security system was too agreeable, she would have imagined that she was in on it. You know, before the landmine.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:29 pm
“…Is the mekawampa with you? We’re mainly here for that. I’m open to negotiation regarding this being your home. If you’re willing to talk I could negotiate regarding making your residence here permanent.”
"We are one and the same now, we wish to be left alone," the system replied.
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

“Okay. You’re one and the same. Got it. Believe me, been there.”
Jan glanced around at the group.
“Team huddle? This might have gotten morr complicated, as machine intelligences and mechanised killing machines are want to do. Do we want to talk next steps?”
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

"Mekawampa is sentient?" Baesal mused "That's wonderful..." She left the word trail

"Why do they wish to be left alone? Perhaps we can help"
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"My main concern was it being a danger to others." Galen said. "It already hurt someone severely. But, if it's sincere about wanting to be left alone, maybe we can help it seal itself away."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Seeing as how it wasn't a rampaging beast who had been mechanically enhanced, Pipka decided to forego his dreams of having a wampa skull mask... for now.

"Who would want to be alone, being alone is terrible. I bet it just needs to meet the right people, or wampas, or droids? I'm not one to judge."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie closed her eyes with an air of annoyance about her. "I don't think it would be so easy to integrate it into society without some real concerns. A wolf in...wampa's clothing is still a wolf. That said, I think we can broker some truce, we could save the headaches and bruised bodies. We could potentially have it relocated. Hoth is large enough, barren too."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"If we want to leave it, it's already in the middle of a wasteland. Not much else needs done. But rogue AI is unpredictable and could decide it needs to expand in the future. Or might send the mechawampa out to collect supplies for repairs. We could see about trading meat bag mechanical assistance to help any failing electronics in exchange for access?"
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Very well then."
Jan nods and turns back to the speakers.

"I think we'd prefer to have a reasonable discussion with you. If you really do just want to be left alone here, and you aren't going to roam around causing trouble, well then I believe most of our merry band sees no problem with it."
Jan briefly considers how long it will take a Czerka kill team to get to Hoth, at the very least the transport costs would be brutal.

"Does that sound acceptable to you, Security Administration?"
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Security Administration vocalized, "Yes, we have no need of things outside. Organics get lonely, we are not organic, nor are we alone. Trust is difficult we have been betrayed before, and they have been liquidated."

"Seal the exterior, we can disable the mine field for that duration."

The system added, "This is for the best."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan looks to the rest with a look of 'is that what we're gonna do?'
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I wonder if it has any supplies that would still be viable." Galen said. "It wouldn't have any use for supplies intended for organics."

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

It was willing to let them leave. Even to disable the mine field so they wouldn't get hurt on their way out. "See, it's just being shy because it was betrayed. It's always the ones that say they're fine that aren't fine, I saw it all the time from my fellow slaves."

Pipka sets down his pack and assortment of weaponry and addresses the group, "I'm going to see if we can be friends, everyone needs a friend." He steps away from his gear, wearing only his armor, thermal cloak, and a utility belt with his emergency beacon and some rations.

"Mister System Administration, can I come in? I'm leaving behind my guns and my gear. All I have is some stuff to keep me warm and alive. I think I know what you're going through, and it's something you can go through relatively alone, but it's a lot better to share it with someone on the outside."
description