The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Baesal Zyn

Re: Why Would You Do That? (Day 6, LA, Wampa Hunt)

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Baesal smiled at Pipka's kindness. She did also feel empathic towards the A.I. and while she was ready to support Pipka's initiative, she let him take the first step.

You are better at this then me, little one
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The system responded, "We can hear you just fine from here."
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno wasn't a fan of the idea of a rogue AI in command of a mechawampa. But he also never had any reason to dislike an AI either. Just a primal fear of something beyond the ken of mortals... like monsters in the dark and getting caught in a black hole gravity well. Not too afraid to face it, but definitely an uncomfortable feeling. So he waits for more politic individuals handle the issue.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"I'd like to get to know you some more. I hear you when you say you don't need things from outside, but there's so much more to life than what you can find in this place. So many things to learn and to see and experience.

You can't convince me that you just want to be here alone indefinitely. If you didn't have any feelings, you wouldn't have felt betrayed by your previous masters, you would've just been a machine and done what you were told.

I and a surprising number from the base have been slaves in the past, we even liberated a bunch of slaves from the local pirates yesterday. We know what it's like to be used and not to be able to make our own choices.

We aren't asking you to give up your freedom or to do anything you don't want to. It just makes me sad to leave you here without a chance to make new friends and experience something other than the terrible things that must've happened to you here."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It seems illogical to risk ourselves for this," the system replied.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:53 pm
"It seems illogical to risk ourselves for this," the system replied.
The same pattern as the broken slaves Pipka had encountered in the past. First was the withdrawal, then the lack of trust, the fear of opening up to new pain, even if it meant wallowing in the pain they were stuck in. Because each time they thought things couldn't get any worse, they always did. The only way was to break the cycle.

"What is the risk, I'm a tiny little Chadra-Fan and I'll be leaving my weapons outside, there's little to nothing I could do to you. I will ask my friends to wait outside and it will just be you and me.

As for why, why anything? Why just sit here. There's so much out in the galaxy. Not all of it's good, but enough is. We can even start right here with a data pad... have you heard the tale of Vera Hawke? It's not a story the researchers would tell you."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"If I may suggest an alternative, perhaps a smaller step?" Galen suggested. "We came here without a full understanding of what we had encountered. We would like to understand more, but we realize that you don't want us here. Would it still be possible for Pipka to maintain contact with you after we leave?"
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Yes, you should learn the tale of Vera Hawke".
Was it possible for an AI to lose sapience? They could find out.

"It would be wonderful if you'd be open to communication after we leave, why, if you communicate with people then they'll know not to come and bother you.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Or, we can come deter people, if you sense anyone in the area." Galen added.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie gave another glance to the area they came from. "I feel the landmines did already a wonderous job of communicating that. That said, everyone is secluded in Hoth to a point. The fact that there are settlements in the neighbourhood will ensure that another meeting is eventual. Let's hope it's not intentional for the wrong reasons, there are some dastardly sorts of people about."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Charm check at hard.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

(ooc: can it be aided?)
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka spoke from experience and he spoke the truth, that was all he knew to do. He wasn't a salesman.

D6, LA, Wampa Charmer: 2eA+3eD 3 failures, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The system will agree to communication but through a holo or other form of remote communication.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka understood that bridges weren't built in a day. Through hard work, perseverance, and earnest communication, maybe he could help this... AI/mekawampa/unknown lifeform break out of it's kind of self-made prison.

"I will honor your wishes and leave, but expect a call from me tonight." He responds cheerfully and packs up his gear and weapons and goes to head out.
description
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Thank you. We'll be on our way." Galen said, then asked, "Do you need anything? Does the wampa require sustenance or other supplies intended for organics?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"No, we have all we need here," the system replied. "We are surprised you respected our wishes."
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"As Pipka said, we're like you, just trying to survive. Our friend was injured and we were concerned that something dangerous had been released. We just wanted to make sure there wasn't a threat." he explained. "The only other thing we might have wanted would be supplies. Maybe we can talk about that another time."