The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Galen Panteer

Why Would You Do That? (Day 6, LA, Wampa Hunt)

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen followed the coordinates Moyr had given him. Hopefully, the beast was still there. Hopefully, he and the others would be enough to deal with it.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Zeno Thul

Re: Why Would You Do That? (Day 6, LA, Wampa Hunt)

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno was along once more, not his first hunt with Galen. He set a case of stimpacks in the common area of the ship and pulled 5 of them.

"Take a few if you need a few," he says to those that came with. "We'll need them."

He had his rifle and helmet on this time, and had loaded up his toolkit too.

"So, the thing is basically cortosis as far as I could tell. Lightsaber did absolutely nothing to it. But it was probably more machine than wampa, so probably weak to ion weapons if you have them."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Cortosis? How wonderful."
Jan spends a few moments trying to pick between her two rifles before shrugging and simply taking both of them.
"Useful stuff, but it can't stop a disruptor."
Then again, she'd be wanting to try out The Mark since she got it....choices, choices.

"Sounds as though we should be sensible and stay far, far away from this thing."
She smiles at Zeno and daintily plucks a stimpack to file away.
"Although if someone wants to be not so sensible and distract this thing, well that would just be grand."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka had heard about a a big cyborg Wampa, nuff said. He shows up and presents his weaponry.

"Well, I've got my Flechette Launcher, and these two from the pirates." He pulls out a Missile Tube (Gunnery) and a Flame Projector (Heavy).

"I don't have anything Ion based, but these hit pretty hard and that one keeps hurting."

He pulls around goat on a makeshift leash from behind him. "And I've got this big fellow. This one doesn't have a name, I was planning on butchering him soon for some stew, but do you think Wampas like goats? To eat or to pet, either way works."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Pipka wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:33 pm
Snip
Jan looks over at Pipka, then down at their missile tube, flamethrower and bait goat.

"Pipka, genuinely you are my favourite person on Hoth right now."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka bites onto the leash, tucks the guns under his arms, and shoots two thumbs up to Jan with a partially hindered smile.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I make more of a speedbump than a distraction against something immune to lightsabers. Though I do have something a bit more physical. Not that I expect it to be more useful than my actual saber."

Moving to the gear he brought with he pulled out his ancient sword.

"But Lady Savagery excels at that sort of thing."

The Blackguard looks over at him and nods at the statement.

"Or we can just try to draw it into the open or a killbox where the big guns can fire at will."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I don't have any ion weaponry either." Galen said. "Hopefully we can wear it down from a distance. The goat will be helpful in drawing it out."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"Oh, I just remembered, Mr. Zeno, you missed a real nice auction two nights back, it was for Vera Hawke memorabilia. I made a pretty good haul of it, I can show you later. I even got the unpublished script for Vera Falcon in Jedi High.

I looked around, but I couldn't find you in time to invite you."
description
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"Hopefully it will. It did stop chasing after we were getting out yesterday. It was certainly eating, but that didn't seem like the primary motivation when we encountered it. More like a sentry."

Looking to Pipka he nods. "Appreciated, but I am not much of a memorabilia kind of guy. I usually only collect trophies from opponents," he says, knocking on the helmet.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

'So badass, maybe I need like a skull helmet instead of a mask... or maybe a mask made out of a skull, maybe a Wampa skull.' Pipka thinks to himself for a moment before looking out the transport.

The snow was falling gently across the wastes, "It looks so pretty and peaceful out there. You wouldn't know that just yesterday, we were flying over it in a dogfight and our precious Sabot Cannon was getting ripped off the Turtle."
description
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"I was simply devastated to see that noble weapon hurled into the abyss. But on the other hand, it was a rather impressive display of power."
Jan starts obsessively checking her collection of sniper scopes is in working order, occasionally glancing outside as they fly on.

"Quite a diverting little endeavour that was."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: What's the plan here are we approaching the entrance they found?
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"This is the spot Zeno?"

OOC: yes.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The entrance was as they left it before, still open though filled with more ice and snow from being exposed to the elements.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno sets his guard shoto with his pile of equipment, sheathing the ancient sword and slinging his rifle. He then moves and takes a look out the cockpit, nodding in the affirmative.

"That's it. I get the feeling it has programming that keeps it here. So it's probably not running around outside. Though there's no telling if it's capable or likely to ambush. It's dark inside. If you have scanner goggles or the ability to see in the dark, that would be preferable to drawing it with light, but it will smell us eventually, regardless. Maybe we should have brought a tauntaun to cut open and hide our scent."

The last part was mumbled, cursing the annoyance of hindsight.

Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Hiw much space is there inside?" he asked. "Do you think we can draw it out?"

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"It's pretty huge itself, and the hallway's big enough for it. Not acklay sized, but big. It might not respond to a bait goat and we might need to goad it with small arms instead," he explains.

"So, land the goat and tie it down. If that works, great. If not, we'll need to try to get it angry."

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Definitely supportive of trying to lure it out. Fighting a cyborg wampa in a pitch black cave...would be exciting, but I fear only briefly."

Jan has started sighting the cave entrance while looking around for cover, quietly visualising what would happen if the creature charged out.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I have my chem lure, too. I'm not sure if wampa is in the database., but it's worth a try." He took out the devise and began preparing it.

Pipka

Post by Pipka »

While Galen set up his chem lure, Pipka drove a stake into the icy ground and tied the goat off.

"I'll try to make sure it's quick if it's your time." he whispers to the goat.

He retreats back to the others and debates between his anti-infantry ammo or anti-vehicle ammo. "Approximately how big is 'huge' anyway? Like as big as a Dewback or Tauntaun... it's not as big as a Rancor is it? Everything looks so big to me, it's hard to tell sometimes."

[OOC] Trying to see if it's Silhouette 2 or still Silhouette 1 to determine which ammo would be appropriate.
description
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Galen carefully set the lure just inside the entrance.

- - -
Hard Discipline to resist, if wampa is in it's "exhaustive database".

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

As the group decided on how to approach the entrance, there was another shape in the distance that gradually approached the group with a rifle ready at hand.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

A late participant seemed to manifest itself as a familiar hovertruck stopped behind some cliff before leaving. A figure had debarked and made it's way to the group that haven't gotten close yo the entrance yet

''Good afternoon'' she looked at those assembled ''We are here for the Mekawampa?''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Mmmmh, maybe we could go with 'Wompmech'? More marketable."
Jan nods breezily at the arrivals.