The majority of Hoth is frozen glaciers, jagged rocks, and frozen landscapes.
Darth Bellious

What a Beautiful Day [MM5]

Post by Darth Bellious »

The Bitch was cruising above the frozen landscape. Razzya was navigating, Moyr was piloting. Both studied the topography as visibility was good - both for them and for those who would like to see them. Their target: Czerka-like facility they had discovered by accident several weeks ago.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dapper Dog

Re: What a Beautiful Day [MM5]

Post by Dapper Dog »

Finding the site was not hard, they would need to dig through ice to get to it.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Moyr considered how long would it take if she used lightsabre for the purpose, cutting her way down.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The lightsaber would work, it will take maybe twenty minutes of work, but she should get through. Assuming she follows through she finally reaches the external hatch of the facility. Frozen and fused shut from the outside.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

[There were potentially others to join on the ship, I'll wait for them before proceeding.]

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno was there as well, looking over the entrance. Moyr's plan was basically what he would do. Brute force tended to be the simplest and most effective answer.

"Nobody has been in here for a while. That's some serious ice build up."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"We've explored older." Moyr smirked. She had drawn Virginia the Battle Droid with her, just in case they needed some shield against whatever this facility was protected with. If she recalled correctly, Virginia was exactly a legacy droid Baes had restored after one of their escapades into ancient places. But this was so long ago she might be misremembering.

"Old or not, these places are usually wired against trespassers." She started looking around the entrance for trap mechanisms.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Just let me know when all are here.
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"That old bot still? Waste not, want not I guess. Not really one to talk with my old helmet," he says with a smirk.

"It's Czerka, so the defenses are likely not too subtle. They usually don't care what people think about them."
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Perhaps I am more sentimental than I let on." Moyr chuckled.

[I think we're ready to proceed here, DD. Skulduggery to check/bypass entry obstacles?]

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I suspect that is far more likely than your amusement would suggest. I could see you keeping little pieces of nostalgia from your exploits," he says with a smirk. "Collecting enemy skulls."

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"It's some compensation for things I've lost." She mused. "Do you remember when we captured that soul into that old artifact, brought it onboard, and converted the Bitch into a spot of Dark Vergence? I sometimes think I used to be crazier."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I'd say more experimental than crazy. If there is one thing I miss about Empire space is the opportunities to experiment with the taboo. But that feels so long ago now."

"I don't know if you sensed her, but she is near. Our old instructor."

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Zash?" That gave Moyr a pause. "I suppose being surprised is disingenuous. I should be assuming that she's always involved in pivotal matters. Do you think that she is the hand behind anything we're experiencing? The pirates, perhaps?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Sure Skullduggery at Average with two setbacks due to age and ice or just cut it open with lightsabers.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Moyr had decided to tinker with the lock the party rogue way, et voila.

LM5. Opening the door.: 2eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Advantage to learn the age of the lock.]

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

It's an old lock but it checks out.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

With Passion as torchlight, Moyr opened the door.

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Zeno watches Moyr make quick work of the lock. "I don't think so. I'd say she was probably drawn to the sensation like many of us. Using pirates to attack a couple Empire and Republic missions or looking into strange occurrences in the force? I'd bet on the latter."

He follows her into the entrance and keeps his eyes open, inspecting the area for anything interesting.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The interior is musty and stale, right at the entrance is a skeletal corpse in a terrible state. The bones looked gnawed upon.

This looks to be a long entry way heading downwards.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"Ladies first, I suppose?" Moyr chuckled. "It may be a lair."

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

"I'll take point if you like," he says with a shrug. "Can you see in the darkness?"

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

"What kind of a rude question is that?" She teased. "Off to the ice mines with you." She let him take point.

Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

He moves forward and takes point but doesn't pull out any light sources, his eyes instead gaining a slight bioluminescent quality as he infuses the force into them.

"Just making sure," he says, smirking to her, as he begins down the hall. "I couldn't until a few years back. But it makes using the refresher in the middle of the night far more convenient."

D5 MM, Farsight Basic Power: 3eF 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImage

Zeno can see in darkness at medium range

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

He spots something large coming towards them in the darkness, easily twice as tall as a human, and it was bipedal.