A small detachment to crush the pirate menace!
Lucinia Malveaux

[D0] Sestra Act

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

The void of space was cold, to be sure. But it was also dark. Quiet. Peaceful. Lucinia suspected that Hoth would be only one of these things, and it would be her least favorite one.

She'd been offered quarters aboard the ship, of course; it was her right as a Malveaux. But she already had very nice quarters aboard Jan's ship, and all her stuff there was already arranged just how she liked it. She lounged in the sitting room for their shared private quarters, sipping tea, considering switching to wine.

The door was open, with Luci keeping one eye on it even as she read her datapad.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Dapper Dog

Re: [D0] Sestra Act

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lucinia is alerted that she has a guest.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmph!" Lucinia frowned. Guests were always showing up while she was reading. Still, she rose, her drapey gown trailing, and pushed the button that would open the door to the hangar.

"I'm in the crew quarters." She spoke into the comms. There, that should be enough for guests or assassins to find her. Either way, perhaps it was time for a break. She remained standing, ready to politely pour tea or wine. Or to make the guest do it, if they weren't sufficiently impressive.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Drascovina entered and said, “I see you have decided to slum it, dear sister. The quarters are board are not to my standard but certainly much roomier than this. But then again, we have always been of different tastes.”

She ran a delicate finger along a ledge and acted as if she was flicking aside dust and then said, “You are looking adequate. I assumed you were not busy, and as usual I was correct.”

She put down a small wrapped box and added, “I bring gifts for you and your paramour.”
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia sighed. Of course it was Drascovina. "Indeed? You're looking well, also. I gather that the kitchens on the ship must be as lavish as the quarters?" She cast an eye at her sister's figure, smirking.

A quick glance was given to the box, then Lucinia waved a casual hand. "Oh, thank you. If you could just put it in the corner." She looked at her sister, eyebrows going up. "Unless you think I should open it now?"

The edged smile became real, just for a moment. It was rather fun sparring with her sister, after all. "But please, may I offer you tea? Wine?"
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The remark about the kitchen nearly brought her to a standstill but she waved it away. She let out a small exhale and said, “You can do with the box as you like, I didn’t wish to add to your clutter. But it seemed fitting for you both since I was unable to attend your last soiree and deliver it then.”

“Tea, wine seems more your vice than mine.”

“Do try and get out more, being pallid was last season sister, a little more color is in vogue,” she said kindly.
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia's hand crept closer to her lips, but she didn't quite unleash the trademark family laugh. "Oh?" She said, one eyebrow going up. Nevertheless, she filled a second cup, refreshing her own as well.

"Hmph. A Sith with color hasn't been delving into the Dark Side enough." She handed Drascovina the tea cup. "And right, you did miss our last event. Galivanting about with that Jedi, no doubt? What was his name again? Brian?" It was Byron; she knew that, of course.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Byron, needed assistance that only a Sith of my proficiency could provide,” she responded. “How do you entertain anyone in this cozy closet? I do admire the intimate nature of the setting but I am not sure being sequestered is the look to go for this season.”

She dismissed it and added, “Melmoar needs to do something about these accommodations. This is not befitting a Malveaux, you are not common riff-raff dear sister, even if you choose to live as such.”
Lucinia Malveaux

This time, Luci did give her a tiny taste of the laugh. "Ooohohoho!" The hand coming up to the corner of her mouth as usual. "Byron, of course. How could I forget." Lowering her hand, she looked at her sister. "Well, a proper display of your power is the right thing to do. Keep the proper balance in the relationship."

Raising one eyebrow, Lucinia sat on the small couch. Two chairs were also present. It was a bit cozy, but really... "This is plenty for me. You know I hate entertaining." Lucinia said, sipping her tea. "I'm willing to make exceptions for family. Generally, anyway." She gave her sister an arch look. In fact, most of the family was dreadful; Drascovina was just a pain. Okay, a fond pain.

"If you like, I could give you a tour. I have a meditation room further in. It..." Lucinia paused, holding her cup and pursing her lips. "It is perhaps more to my tastes than to yours." Translated, it was dark and spooky.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“I think I can stand to see only so much opulence in a single day,” she responded. “Speaking of displays of power, your better half wishes for us to invest in some newfound scam I am sure. I admit she has been more capable than most corporate drones but I am leery of parting with our hard earned wealth for anything less than a sure thing.”
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia did chuckle at that. Sister fight game recognized game, after all.

She tilted her head. "Jan... is both clever and determined. If she'd been a Sith, well! Doubtless one of us would have destroyed the other by now." Lucinia chuckled. "Since she is not, instead, I trust her as completely as a person can trust another." Lucinia looked at her sister. "I hope you can trust her, too."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“I trust no one, or that is my first instinct. But that is a ringing endorsement I’ll take your words under advisement,” she said before taking another gander about the room. She sat in silence for a long moment, before adjusting his crimson gown.

“I will say on second glance this room seems fitting for the esoteric aunt aesthetic. And if you start acting odd, I fully reserve the right to disavow your position as doting sister. It will be bad enough dealing with Tiss and Viyuti, and no, I will not be taking it easy in the interim.”
Lucinia Malveaux

"A good instinct, sister-dear." Lucinia said, lifting her tea glass.

She took another slow sip, then frowned, blinking. "I appreciate the vote of confidence, such as it is," Luci said dryly, "-but why do you have to deal with your minions? And why might you be taking it easy?" She looked at her sister, eyebrows raised.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Because I am with child, I thought that was why you made your rather pithy remark about the kitchens," she responded with mild confusion. "Still as spiteful as ever."
Lucinia Malveaux

The hand holding the teacup went still. "Oh." Lucinia said. There was a pause. "Well, yes, best not to indulge in wine, then."

Another pause, then she looked at Drascovina. "My dear," She began, her tone more serious, less playful. "Why don't you travel with Jan and me for a while? I won't tell you what to do, of course." She gave a little half-shrug. "But you'd be welcome, I'm sure."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"This is exactly what I was saying, don't treat me differently just because of this?" she said with a wave of her hand. She frowned and said, "Might consider it. If the accommodations are improved."
Lucinia Malveaux

Lucinia's lips quirked. "In that case, let me say that a flowing dress doesn't really favor your figure. And that you may design a room to your specifications."

She tilted her head. "And this news means I'm not sure whether to hug you or choke you. Perhaps both. Exactly what I usually feel when I see you." She smiled. "If you'd care to find out which, you may."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I will allow you a hug, but do not get too emotional, it is distasteful," she replied hesitantly.
Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmph. I'm not emotional. This is for your sake." Lucinia did take the offer. It was a bit bony, and perhaps a touch tight around the neck; she HAD said it might be choking, after all. But perhaps it was the thought that counted.

Adjusting her own dress, Lucinia sat back down. "Well." She pushed past the emotional moment with a sip of tea. "Have you told mother and father?" She frowned. "Are you intending to?" Mother and father, after all, could be difficult. Judgmental. Controlling. Luci could think of another dozen adjectives.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Not immediately," she said after some though. "Maybe after the child is walking."
Lucinia Malveaux

"Hmm. Quite right." Lucinia agreed, smirking conspiratorially. "In that case, I very much encourage you to join Jan and me. I don't tell them anything I don't think they need to hear, either." The smirk promised a sisterly alliance of sorts. It was like sticking with family, as Malveauxs did, just against other, worse family. Just so long as the baby stays out of my shrine.

There was another brief pause, and Lucinia's forehead creased. "... have you told Byron?"