A small detachment to crush the pirate menace!
Remmington Balmung

Beach Boys Return [Pregame]

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Theme = Surfin' USA

Stopping by the observation deck, Remmington looks outside to see the stars and systems streaming by in hyperspace.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Dapper Dog

Re: Beach Boys Return [Pregame]

Post by Dapper Dog »

“What secrets do you hope to glean from the white nose of hyperspace?” a woman asked. “Surely it pales in comparison to the gift of the Unknowable Dark.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Remmington Balmung

Remmington looks at the company that has just joined him before looking back towards hyperspace. "There is darkness even within light. Within those streaks of light are vast expanses of darkness that is blacker than the blackest black. Times infinity."

He fully turns to the woman and puts his hand across his chest and offers a polite bow. "Lord Remmington Balmung of House Balmung. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She clucked her tongue and then made a tsking sound before answering, “No… you speak like a child trying to impress their peers. Not one who has bathed themselves in the blessings of the Dark Side… your chains bind you. It would be laughable if it were not heresy.”

“A pleasure he says, vapid smiles and empty words. They mean nothing if you have not committed yourself to the Unknowable Dark.”
Remmington Balmung

"You have bathed in the blessing of the Dark Side? Are you some sort of priestess or witch?" Remmington inquires at her turn or phrase.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:00 pm
"You have bathed in the blessing of the Dark Side? Are you some sort of priestess or witch?" Remmington inquires at her turn or phrase.
"I am a High Arcanix," she said simply. A high ranking priest in the burgeoning Dark Side religion.
Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "I assume that you are not here for the pirates then?"

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Heavy footfalls approached from the main entrance to the observation lounge. Long black hair flowed down over the broad armoured shoulders of a very recognisable True Sith. Images of the past flashed up before his eyes as the force showed him the woman'sprevious incarnation. The man was much more familiar. Lord Rath's handsome face provided a winning smile. "Lord Zhorrid. You've changed. It suits you. Remmington. Been a while."
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Remmington Balmung

Remmington turns at the sound of the familiar face with a smile. "Good to see you again Jo'ren. It has been too long. I don't think we're going to get any hydro-surfing in here." He adds with a smirk.

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

There was a flicker of something before Jo'ren gave a somewhat amused eye-roll. "I see by contrast that you haven't changed at all. Still as crazy as ever. What brings you to Hoth?" It sure as hell wasn't the ice surfing opportunities, and there wasn't a Huttball league either...
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Remmington Balmung

"I've changed plenty. See, I'm wearing armour now." Remmington shows off his Mandalorian armour.

"My services were requested. So I guess they want some muscle for the pirate hunting and probably want me to fix a bunch of stuff. How about you?"

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:59 pm
Remmington nods. "I assume that you are not here for the pirates then?"
“I am here to make sure the children are brought to the master’s table and partake of the gifts of the Dark Side, it is the most sacred mission,” she responded.

To Jo’ren she said, “My Lord, I smell the musk of destruction and pain in your wake. Intoxicating.”
Remmington Balmung

"Do you know something about the weird phenomena going on around here?" Remmington asks Zhorrid.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:03 am
"Do you know something about the weird phenomena going on around here?" Remmington asks Zhorrid.
“There are no weird phenomena, House Balmung, the Sith Empire is the center of the Dark Side in this galaxy, but we have yet to fulfill our devotion. There are those who eschew the Unknowable Dark for the Light and weaken us all. What you sense is merely the inherent rot of the Light,” she said sternly.
Remmington Balmung

"I see." Remmington replies and looks over to Jo'ren for his opinion. "What do you make of this?"

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:24 am
To Jo’ren she said, “My Lord, I smell the musk of destruction and pain in your wake. Intoxicating.”
"Perceptive. You would have enjoyed the assault on the Jedi Temple." There was a memory of Zhorrid coated in blood. Or was it a vision of the future?
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:16 am
"I see." Remmington replies and looks over to Jo'ren for his opinion. "What do you make of this?"
"The Force draws me to Hoth. I'm sure all will be revealed soon enough. Don't see the point in dwelling on why." Big shoulders shrugged slightly. "If I'm being called then it probably means that something needs to be killed. That's usually how this works." Although this time... I'm not so sure.

He kept his other thoughts to himself. The spirit would undoubtedly reveal itself again at a time of its own choosing.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"The Unknowable Dark is pleased by such bloodshed of the infidels, only when they are scoured from existence will we truly usher in a new age," she said proudly.
Remmington Balmung

"Hmm... so something bigger than the pirates." Remmington ponders that for a moment.

"Would it warrant a high priestess to come out here to just murder something." He looks over to Zhorrid. I get the feeling that she would have come regardless. "Well I think we'll find plenty of sacrifices here."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:26 am
"Hmm... so something bigger than the pirates." Remmington ponders that for a moment.

"Would it warrant a high priestess to come out here to just murder something." He looks over to Zhorrid. I get the feeling that she would have come regardless. "Well I think we'll find plenty of sacrifices here."
“When the pirates are smashed, their remnants will be brought to my altar and they will serve penance by giving their hearts to the Unknowable Dark. Through blood we decipher the blessings of the Dark Side, there can be no truth without conflict, without the shedding of life. Only through struggle can we find our purpose, thus reinforcing the truth, that peace is a lie,” she preached.
Remmington Balmung

Remmington nods. "You brought your altar? Do you want us to try to bring any back alive for you then?"

From his experience, altars are using huge blood soaked carving of rock. Really way too heavy to be carrying around on a ship."

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

There was nothing quite like the fanaticism of the newly converted... And there were a lot of them going about these days. "Peace is a lie. Ain't that the truth."

He looked at Rem. "I'm sure there'll be plenty of pirates for our High Arcanix to work with."

Remmington Balmung

He nods back.

"Oh, thanks for that bloodwine last time. Its really good. I don't suppose to happen to have more." He asks Jo'ren.

Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

"I never leave home without it. There's plenty on my ship so you don't have to be thirsty." A smirk and he returned his attention to Zhorrid for a moment.

"Perhaps you would care to join me for a tasting once the pirates have been dealt with? Are you a fan of Massassi bloodwine, it strikes me as being appropriate for a High Arcanix."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“As you know my Lord I was not always a High Arcanix,” she said with her intense gaze.

“Your invitation intrigues me, so I shall agree. If this is a prelude to a low seduction I would not find it untoward.”
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

Lord Rath arched a eyebrow, it was an unexpected though not unappealing idea. His voice held a slightly amused though welcoming tone. "My my, that's quite the response. Let's see what happens in the moment shall we?" Bloodwine did tend to bring out the best in people. For a given value of "best".

"Any visions of the days ahead you might care to share with us in the meantime?" Given who was present on this ship he rather doubted it was going to be the simple mission everyone seemed to be expecting.