A small detachment to crush the pirate menace!
Sylvain Torsin

Spider and Bird (Pre-game)

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

The white cloaked figure of Shyyyo walked through the halls of the Empress' Spear towards the quarters of Lord Baras. The Nighthawk lay docked in one of the hangars and with it a young girl waited while her father went out for a necessary greeting.

As he approached the area he neatly tucked his arms behind his back at the square and sought entry into the presence of the commander of the expedition... Making his true presence known through the Force to anyone that may be within those quarters.
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Darth Baras

Re: Spider and Bird (Pre-game)

Post by Darth Baras »

The chamber was large but spartan with bare cold steel walls a meditation area in the center of the room and two floating statues honoring the ancient Sith. Across from entrance was a large bed where Darth Baras rose to his full height, decked in his normal attire.

Mask firmly in place. He waited silently.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Shyyyo nodded his head politely as he entered the room.

"Lord Baras... It has been a while." He stated calmly.

"I felt it pertinent to come and meet you since I arrived on board. This game of anonymity I play is not intended for you..."

He looked around the room briefly, "I hope the cruiser fills your needs?"

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"So who is it intended for? The pirates?" Darth Baras responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"Just general chatter... You being on this mission alone is enough to draw eyes..." He replied.

"Don't want to make this into a circus before things even get started. I assume people will eventually know... but it never hurts to be one step ahead of the intel."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“I see some sensible wisdom in that,” Baras responded with a gesture of his hand. “Though I am not sure why you would even join such a mission, surely there are larger tasks in the Empire that demand your attentions?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"The work continues in my absence for now... Perhaps a benefit of dividing responsibilities between three ministers..." He walked over near a desk and picked up a decorative slab of metal in his hand.

"But I learned long ago... That you have an uncanny gift for knowing where to be and when... And let us say... my thoughts have been troubled as of late. Something is coming... and I feel that you will be there when it does." He turned to look at Baras.

"I will be there to help... In whatever way I can."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“In the past we have had a repeating history of me giving you sound advice and you ignoring it,” Baras replied.

He allowed a moment of silence and then said, “And what do you make of these… disturbances? If you come to me with your aid, you must see it as a singularly large problem.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"Aww, cut me a break old master... I would say I have done a much better job heeding your advice in recent years." He extends his hands outwardly.

"And look what it brought me." The voice through the mask made it hard to understand what exactly the implications are of that statement.

The arms lowered back into a comfortable position as his masked head tilted slightly to inspect Baras from a distance.

"With the resources currently at my disposal there are few things that evoke the same emotions as this feeling... Problems? Sure. Obstacles? Yes... But nothing that is as unsettling as this."

He straightened his spine and extended his hands to the side again, "So... I come for enlightenment. Learning what it is at least lets us know what to prepare for; how our doom will be decided... Or if I need to change my indigestion medicine. "

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“My network, is not what it used to be… the damned Republic has been on some crusade against some shadowy cult or terrorist cell and has decimated my agents in the process. But, I have consulted with the Empress Regent on the matter and we have come to the same conclusion,” he said.

“The influence of Vitiate remains, it would be heresy to say that he… exists but perhaps his incorporeal form lingers is how the Empress Regent put it.”

He turned his back and started to pace as he continued, “Given your initiative to aid me, perhaps you can go where I cannot, little Shyyyo. I would never deign to give you orders but if you seek some guidance, I would follow these visions. Go deeper into the webs.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Shyyyo nodded contemplatively.

After several moments he spoke in a measured tone, "That is indeed... troubling."

His gaze turned to the floor as he began thinking, "What are your plans for when we arrive? Wipeout the pirates?"

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“Pedestrian, but yes, their destruction is the only viable outcome. I am sure these military types can handle something so inane. Eradicate them, leave an epitaph that will discourage others and return to Ziost within the week. It shall be a rather short engagement,” he finished as he paced.

“Hoth is not a destination I wish to remain at any more than I have to.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain's eyes narrowed ever so slightly behind his mask, but he nodded his head affirmatively.

"General Zholyeva is more than capable. I made sure you have the best... People at home will expect nothing less than absolute victory."

He turned slightly towards the door and paused for a few silent moments, "My daughter is here with me... an extra pair of eyes on her safety when I am entangled in webs would be greatly appreciated."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"You brought a child to Hoth?" he asked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"She is strong in the Force... Stronger than I was... And... she is a survivor. I have raised her to be so." He replied.

"But there will undoubtedly remain cowards who would seek to take advantage of such youth... With what you have told me of the potential threat... I believe she is safest near me for now."

He then turned back towards Baras, "Which reminds me... I never congratulated you on becoming a father..."

He tilted his head, "When we met on Ziost you said you would become one... They truly are handsome boys... Nice blend of you and their mother."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“Ziost seems like a long time ago,” he said. “I see my apprentice has kept you in the loop on the matter.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"She was wise to seek an ally..."

He leaned in slightly and whispered, "I don't know if you are aware, but you aren't exactly the most popular figure. You keeping them at arms length protects them some... But if that were to fail, your apprentice was wise to seek help from someone she can trust."

He leaned back up straight, "I hope they can become... What was it you said all those years ago... 'Peers'? Yes, peers when they enter the academy in the future."

He let out a soft chuckle, "If there is an academy to enter into!"

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“Sith do not trust other Sith,” he said in reply. “That is a fatal mistake.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain put his hands up in apology, "Oops.. sorry sorry. I used the 'T' word. Forgot that was on the 'words to avoid' list."

He continued, "I'll rephrase. It was bound for me to find out. She wisely took advantage of my predisposition to help her and gained an added measure of support for the raising and protection of her children."

He smiled... though unperceivable behind the mask. "I may ask for a guard to two to keep an eye on my daughter on occasion should I need to leave her unattended for a while. I would hope... that wouldn't be too much of an ask considering all this stuff came from our offices in the first place."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“That should be an easy task to fulfill,” Baras said.

“You do not have to patronize me, I understand our methods differ. You prefer the honey to my very effective stick. My apprentice has found a useful ally in you, still it goes without saying that our children demand their privacy. I do not wish them distracted from their studies.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

He nodded, "I do not mean to patronize... Just trying to find the proper way to communicate in what was a very vertical relationship once upon a time. I am sure it is jarring for both of us."

He then bowed politely, "Only the best for the next generation of the best the Empire has to offer."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras waved it off and said, "All that matters now is your legacy, what we leave behind."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"On that we have always agreed." He nodded.

"I stand committed, as always, to leave the Empire stronger than I found it..."

He turned for the door, "Keep me in the loop should anything arise that requires attention."

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“Then we have an understanding,” Darth Baras said. He walked backed to his bed and sat down and added, “I will admit, boy, I had not pegged you as a survivor. When I first brought you into my circle, I could see your ambition, even if you over estimated yourself you had drive.”

“You were found wanting, yet even when on the fringes you found a way to stave off mediocrity. You were a failure of an apprentice, but in the end one of my masterworks.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain paused nodded his head in a show of appreciation, “Your lessons made me who I am today. I will never forget that which I owe to your tutelage.”

He then turned and exited out the door, his jaw clenching ever so slightly as he marched down the hallway.