The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Katarzyna Panteer

Fine Tuning (Pre-game, Rimma)

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Kat closed the last panel on the outside of the Rimma, finishing up the last fine-tunings and maintenance needed before they'd drop into the Hoth-system. Everything was in working order, and being aboard the Republic's flag-ship had let them be able to replenish the life support systems and power easily.

Pleased with the status of things, she cleaned up her tools and headed back inside the ship, wiping her hands on the cloth as she stepped through the door. "Riss?" she asked, looking around as she felt pretty certain her pink-haired friend was aboard still. "I finished the check-ups... everything seems to be in good condition for our destination." Kat let her voice rise slightly as she spoke, making her easier to hear.

Considering the work she had been doing, Kat had foregone her usual Jedi robes to avoid getting them dirty. The sleeves of her simple clothes were rolled up to the elbow, yet there was still some grease stains on them.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Riss

Re: Fine Tuning (Pre-game, Rimma)

Post by Riss »

"Attention ladies and gentlemen," Riss' voice came over the intercom. A slight echo reverberating off the sleek inner walls of her ship. "We have, for your special pleasure, a hero Jedi!"

Riss puts her mouth up against the intercoms mic and softly screams to imitate the sound of a raging crowd. Letting it fall to silence for a solid second before she bursts out laughing from down in the cockpit.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

At first, Kat looked up in confusion at one of the speakers for the intercom. Then grinned as she broke into a laugh, finishing with a last few swipes to clean off her hands of the worst.

"Ah yes, the hero who has valiantly vanquished the bad upkeep of a ship!" she called back with another laugh. Not that the Rimma was in that bad of a condition, as Riss now had much more skilled people than herself that could do routine maintenance on the ship back on Alderaan... compared to how it used to be. With a flourish Kat held out the cloth as if it was the daintiest handkerchief as she took a bow. "Thank you, thank you. You are all too kind!"
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Chuckling not coming over the intercom, but just from down the hall to where Riss was, preceded the voice that kicks back in, "I'm up in the front, watching you on security," and then clicks off.

When Kat would eventually make her way to Riss' location, she'd find the woman herself sorting through some of the mementos she's collected over the years. A fair number of which were actually collected over the time from when she'd become Countess.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat shook her head with a rueful smile, and continued the path towards Riss. Coming to a stop at the door, her athletic frame leaned against the entryway as she assessed what her friend was up to now.

"Hey Riss," she said, voice soft and warm, her eyes focusing on the woman rather than the objects. "A little light spring cleaning while we're waiting?" the question came with a light chuckle as Kat pushed herself from the doorframe, walking over to Riss.

Riss

Post by Riss »

Brushing a thumb over one of the photo's she sets it back up where it was, tucked away between a couple unread books. Shifting around with a light smile for the soft voice Kat wore Riss leans backwards onto a little desk portion of the cockpit. Taking the brief time to get the other womans measure right, and honestly just appreciating the look of her for a few second.

"Just looking through some old things, nothing crazy," she says, a light chuckle as if to put the thought away. "Ya know, you always look a lot hotter after you've been working for a bit? Just thought I needed to mention that in case you haven't heard it from anyone else recently."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

A few stray locks of blonde hair had escaped the simple bun it had been pulled up into, brushing against Kat's shoulder as she tilted her head slightly to regard the brief glimpse of the photo before it was tucked away. "As a matter of fact, Gaul has said that a couple of times too, though not recently... been a moment since I've worked up a sweat from this kind of work." There was a fondness in her smile, not only from thinking of her partner, but also for the one in front of her.

"How you holding up, hm?" Kat focused on Riss again now, eyes meeting properly now that she stood before her. "Not getting cold feet on this mission of yours yet?"

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Probably not until we at least touch down planetside, or near planetside? Ships are really a blessing for that," she says with a very teasy smirk. Arms out on either side so that she can hold herself up by the counter, or at least stand a little more sturdily.

"Wish someone talked me out of it the closer we get though. Me? Coming all the way out to Hoth? Kriff the fact that this was my idea because we're quite the capable little posse is absolutely absurd. Why ever did you let me talk you into it?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

"Maybe I wanted to go?" Kat teased a little in return, "someone has to keep an eye on you, after all. Poor Omandri will have more grey hair if I let him do it alone." While she was teasing, there was something more to it, and it wasn't something she was quite able to hide.

Her hands, clean enough to not stain anything she touched, rested against the counter as well, close to Riss' hands. "... Even if you didn't go though, I had to go. The Force," she began, then knew better than to try to explain the intricacies of it to Riss, "it called me here, so I know I am needed here. For what specific purpose, I know not yet."

Riss

Post by Riss »

"Well, on behalf of the force," she says with her mischievous little smile. Nudging Kat closer toward her with her leg so that she would be right in front of her. Getting herself all cornered by the counter like that. "As well as myself," she says with a slight mocking tone as to not forget to be appreciative.

"I thank you for your efforts. You and your supernatural mega-daddy."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat snorted a laugh. "Supernatural mega-daddy?" Moving closer, Kat let her hands touch the other woman's. "At least let me thank you for giving us the ride out here to this forsaken place, hm?"

With a chuckle, she leaned in, nuzzling Riss' forehead and planting a soft kiss on the top of her pink hair.

Riss

Post by Riss »

Getting that laugh out of Kat brought a little self-inflated smirk to Riss' lip. Hands receptive to the touch, Riss leans in forward just a little but also positions herself just so that she might be able to lift, or be lifted, onto the counter with some ease. Though there wasn't quite the best headspace for it Riss was never quite the one who cared about not knocking stuff over. Nuzzling back, laughing softly at the kiss, "What kind of thanks were you thinking, mmm?" she asks, the tease laden in her tone that it dripped from her lip.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."