The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Layne Hoshin

Cube: Hypercube (Pre-game, Open)

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Dinnertime was variable on a big ship like this; lots of people coming in from lots of different planets and day/night cycles, not to mention the realities of a rotating crew roster. So there wasn't a single point when the dinnerbell was rang and everybody sat down to eat.

The black-clad Jedi had gotten her a tray full of colorful foodcubes. All the nutrients a sentient needed packed together in a convenient shape; different colors for different flavors, none of which were particularly *good* by the standards of those used to 'real food'. But even after all these years, Layne still had the utilitarian mindset of a child who had to fight for scraps. You took what you could get, whenever you could get it, and you didn't mind that it tasted bad so long as it kept you going for another day.

Her table manners *had* improved somewhat though, at least.

Not that you needed much table manners when it came to foodcubes; finger food that it was.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Thy Yulani

Re: Cube: Hypercube (Pre-game, Open)

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy was used to travel and preparing for travel including making sure she had access to fresh food, by bringing her own. She had a small veritable garden in her chambers which she used to prepare a delicious salad. She came to the mess hall to get a drink and found a seat near Layne.

“How are the cubes, Layne?” she asked.
Light Side | Human | Chill | Old Soul | Mother | Duelist | Jedi Master

*Played by Dapper Dog
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

The one thing good about the republican navy food cubes is the near certainty of it not being partially composed from the body parts of dead students or other deceased personnel.

Unless Czerka had the contract, that is, thus the near certainty.

However the white-grey jedi would not take any chances about her caf and it's quality. So along with the plate of cubes on her tray was a very imposing chromed reservoir of her own caf blend, ready to drink.

''Oh! Layne!'' Baesal smiled wide as she moved to her friend's table as Master Yulani made her own appearence. The master's countenance became more mesured when she finally reached the table. "Master Yulani"
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"The purple ones taste like Keruvian Eelworms," she said, when Thy sat down, eyeing the salad that she was eating. Layne would eat anything, but salads would always be avoided if better options were available. You needed calories for an active life-style instead of leaves, would be the excuse she'd give.

"Been a while sin--"

She was interrupted by Baesal's appearance.

"Oh, hey. I see you got some of the purple ones as well."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy gave a nod to her Baesal and then said to both, “I saw Daz earlier, you both should be proud at how far he has come.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She nodded in the affirmative ''Yes...they are not my favorite but they are a good enough substitute for the pink ones and I'd rather skip those''

She was opening her caf container when Thy brought up Daz

''I am glad to know he is on board, I was curious about that and I have something for him...but Daz always had what it took to be where he is now. He just needed room to grow and flourish''
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I'm just glad he's started to grow out of the whole 'influencer' phase", Layne said putting air quotes around the word. "Or well, the worst parts of it at least. Having to hear one more 'it's ya boi' might put me over the edge."

She put another purple cube in her mouth and chewed on it for a bit before swallowing. "What do you have for him, though? Tell me it's not spikes for his lightsaber again."
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

She could not help but grin delicately at the memory of Daz's shenanigans and the fact that her encouragement helped fuel the phase

''It was'nt a bad phase Layne. Daz needed to express himself and hone his skillz.'' She poured herself some caf ''He learned a lot from that.''

She waved a finger as the question's answer then winked

''It's a secret...''
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

"Spikes seem impractical," Thy mused.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''It depends on their use'' she replies ''And they can be whizz''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"That's what I told him the first time he did it!" She exclaimed when Thy pointed out the impracticality.

She sighed, and slumped into her seat a little. "Yes, he learned things like putting spikes on your lightsaber is impractical. Someone could get hurt, and not in the way where you intend them to. But anyway, fine, keep your secrets. For now."

Hopefully it wasn't anything to do with the Killik. Baesal hadn't turned into one since Alderaan or anything... at least as far as she could tell... but it was hard not to notice she'd changed in *weird* ways. Oh well, it was probably fine, right? Right?
Arsele Girard

Post by Arsele Girard »

Arsele, on the other hand, did NOT have a utilitarian mindset for food. Even when she'd been living out of a twenty square space-meter apartment back on Nar Shadda, she'd always made sure her food was fresh, a real feat in the worst parts of Hutt Space. Still, it wasn't as if she had much of a choice here; Her ship was locked up and most of the extra food aboard was for later, when it might be needed. So she found herself trying to make cuisine out of ration cubes, something she at least had a little experience with.

She took some of the orange and green vegetable cubes and an avian-stock cube and added them to a bowl, adding some boiling water from the mess hall's kaffe machine. The dehydrated little nutrient cubes bloomed and the bouillon melted and soon she had something approaching soup.

It wasn't fresh, and the vegetable cubes were mushy and only partially flavored, but at least she could pretend it was a meal. And it was packed with nutrients. Spotting a table of ladies she walked over, careful not to spill the hot liquid on herself as she walked gingerly, "I don't suppose there's any way I can take a seat with the three of you, is there?"
Unaligned? ▽ Smuggler ▽ Thief ▽ Dancer ▽ Bounty Hunter ▽ Human ▽ Alderaanian Noble ▽ Thot
Equipment: Karflo Thinsuit, datapad, hold-out blaster, pouches, utility belt, stims, hunting goggles, wire, lockpicking tools
Danger: Static Pistol, energy packs, fusion lantern, climbing gear, backpack.

Hoth Theme
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

"Please join us Arsele," Thy offered. "Layne, Baesal, this is Arsele and her rather delicious looking soup. Vegetarian?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Greetings miss Arsèle.'' the togruta inclined her head as a greeting.

She narrowed her eyes soon after as if searching for something

''My apologies...but did we meet before? I feel like I have seen you somewhere''
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Arsele Girard wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:48 pm

She took some of the orange and green vegetable cubes and an avian-stock cube and added them to a bowl, adding some boiling water from the mess hall's kaffe machine. The dehydrated little nutrient cubes bloomed and the bouillon melted and soon she had something approaching soup.
If paying attention to one's surroundings, one might notice a tall, slightly rotund and heavily coated Twi'lek had entered the cafeteria and was standing right past the entryway. He closed his eyes and his chest and belly expanded exponentially as he took a deep and long breath through his nose, his lips pursing a bit. His head turned towards that wonderful, savory aroma. He kept his eyes closed as he walked, his hand slightly outstretched, towards what he could only describe as a vessel of joy. He approached the table with the ladies and he searched his feelings, knowing it to be true. Opening his eyes, he saw the ladies at the table only after eyeing the bowl of broth and nutrient cubes. His purple eyes soon appeared nearly shut again as his cheeks swallowed them up as his lips curled into a giant smile.

"Of soup and love, the first is best," he says to the group with a twinkle in his eye. "Hello there, I am Jub'lub, you would honor me by allowing me to join you all," he bows slightly, with a modest flourish of his coat.

Jub'lub stops before his bow is finished and before he is fully upright again. "By the light, Master Yulani, is that you?" Jub'lub wondered if she remembered him; he recalled serving a Jedi temple where she was present for a short while. Dantooine, if his memory served him right.
Last edited by Jub'Lub on Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

She replied simply, "Yes, Jub'Lub. It is good to see you."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She gave a nod to Arsele, then put another foodcube to her mouth while addressing Baesal; "You're thinking of Alysele."

Crunch. Chew. Swallow.

"...There's a bit of a resemblance."

Granted, there might be more to it than that, or to Baesal's suspicions; but she suspected that if there was, it wasn't meant to be aired out into the open here. She was with Thy, in any case, which meant that if there was anything at all of note, it was probably already addressed.

That's when the big blue Twi'lek came over, another apparent acquintance of Master Yulani's.

"Hello," she said with a nod, "Layne Hoshin."

And another foodcube taken into her hand.
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

"Greetings, Lahne Hoshin. There are no coincidences. My nos... er... the force, did not lead me here simply because of the soup, but I must grab a bowl. Ladies, please excuse me for a moment."

Jub'jub went over to the kaffe machine and poured himself a bowl of hot water, then added some flavor cubes; green ones, pink ones, yellow ones, white ones, red ones, some more green ones, and some orange ones. The flavor cubes were slightly concave, forming a small island in the center of the ocean of soup. Once he was happy with his soup, Jub'lub walked back to the table and sat himself down. Reaching into his coat, he pulled a shaker out, popped the cap, and sprinkled some pink powder on his soup. "Fish flakes, not as good as the real deal, but we make do, don't we?" He offered unsolicited, as if everyone was curious as to what he was seasoning with.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything. Its always nice to sup with friendly faces. Master Yulani, what takes you away from the council?"

He raises the bowl to his lips.

SLUUURRRP
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

“I would rather be out here where the work is, than back in the Council chambers. No offense to my peers on the Council but this is where I need to be and the holos work fine enough,” she replied.

She teased, “I am pleased that both your nose and the Force can guide us.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:23 am
She gave a nod to Arsele, then put another foodcube to her mouth while addressing Baesal; "You're thinking of Alysele."

Crunch. Chew. Swallow.

"...There's a bit of a resemblance."
''Ah, yes. You might be correct even their names are similar'' she replied, musing ''Anyone wants caf? I have too much for me''

She turned to the newcomer

''Welcome. I am Baesal Zyn, good to meet you.''
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:59 am
''Ah, yes. You might be correct even their names are similar'' she replied, musing ''Anyone wants caf? I have too much for me''

She turned to the newcomer

''Welcome. I am Baesal Zyn, good to meet you.''
"Ah what a lovely name, Baesal Zyn," he let the sound of it buzz in his mouth as he said it. "I would love some caf, why thank you! I must admit, I will be a bit out of my comfort zone on Hoth, I usually spend my days guiding younglings and I imagine I will be bereft of many creature comforts on such a cold, icy planet."

Jub'lub graciously accepts some caf and sips the warm brew, much quieter than he slurps his soup.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

''Thank you'' she answered to the kind words before eyeing the group ''So...I suppose everyone is aware of the disturbance?''
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I mean, I *have* been having dreams, but I think that's something different? I don't know, I've heard vague rumors, but nothing concrete."
Arsele Girard

Post by Arsele Girard »

Thy Yulani wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pm
"Please join us Arsele," Thy offered. "Layne, Baesal, this is Arsele and her rather delicious looking soup. Vegetarian?"
Arsele took a seat, smoothing out the dress she worse over her armor as she sat, "Yes, I suspect it is. The imitation meat is plant based, I know. I suspect the broth base is probably artificial entirely. We take what we can get though."
Layne Hoshin wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:23 am
"Hello," she said with a nod, "Layne Hoshin."

And another foodcube taken into her hand.
"You... both know Aly? ...what am I saying? Why should I be surprised by that."

Arsele sighed softly and smiled, "We were practically sisters, growing up. Back on Alderaan, she raised me better than my family did, before she left..."
Jub'Lub wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:54 am
Jub'jub went over to the kaffe machine and poured himself a bowl of hot water, then added some flavor cubes; green ones, pink ones, yellow ones, white ones, red ones, some more green ones, and some orange ones. The flavor cubes were slightly concave, forming a small island in the center of the ocean of soup. Once he was happy with his soup, Jub'lub walked back to the table and sat himself down.
Wrinkling her nose at whatever soup the Twi'lek made a little, Arsele at least did not comment, bowing her head in greetings.
Baesal Zyn wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:09 pm
''Thank you'' she answered to the kind words before eyeing the group ''So...I suppose everyone is aware of the disturbance?''
Was this a Jedi thing? ...she wondered if she'd ever be comfortable with the mystic mumbo-jumbo they talked about. Lords knew she'd tried, in the past...
Unaligned? ▽ Smuggler ▽ Thief ▽ Dancer ▽ Bounty Hunter ▽ Human ▽ Alderaanian Noble ▽ Thot
Equipment: Karflo Thinsuit, datapad, hold-out blaster, pouches, utility belt, stims, hunting goggles, wire, lockpicking tools
Danger: Static Pistol, energy packs, fusion lantern, climbing gear, backpack.

Hoth Theme
Thy Yulani

Post by Thy Yulani »

Thy replied to Arsele, "I have to try that soup."

*Played by Dapper Dog