The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Omandri Rist

Gonna Make You Sweat

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri had explored the ship and was excited to find a pretty simple workout area. Mostly just a moderately sized room with little in it where one could do exercises without being in the way and a few machines bolted to the floor.

He had become more used to a weight lifting regiment but free weights were a liability on ship. So he stood in the room in black sweat pants and a marching tank top with the Rist Symbol on the breast going through some simple yoga movements to warm up.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Re: Gonna Make You Sweat

Post by Breela Po »

Breela poked her head in cautiously, smiled when she saw Omandri warming up. Quietly observed him for a few moments with a grin, then walked over. "Where do you get off being so kriffing handsome?" She paused ironically then added, "Ohh I forgot, my lord!" She gave a blithe curtsy.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"My Lord is acceptable from commoners but proper address would be Duke Rist." He said in what sounded like a serious and mildly reproachful tone as the current maneuver had him facing away from her.

But as he twisted back toward her a smile spread across his face "It's good to see you again Breela." He said with a slight chuckle standing a bit straighter. He looked only a little different than he had five years ago, slightly broader in the chest and shoulders, carrying maybe fifteen or twenty pounds of muscle that hadn't been there before and a couple streaks of grey in that black hair.

But while he was physically very similar his aura was very different, more reserved but no less confident or sure of himself the smile effortlessly welcoming and friendly.

"Seems they really assembled a wide variety for this mission eh? On loan from the Order or here on your own?"
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Had he been seriously correcting her etiquette, she still would have ignored it. She is after all still the same old Breela. "It's always good to see you, Duke Rist." ;) "I'm joining you by the way. Royals will always need 'commoners' to tutor them. One thing that'll never change I think."
Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:42 am
"Seems they really assembled a wide variety for this mission eh? On loan from the Order or here on your own?"
Before answering she took off her cloak, and her weapons. Her face was pensive but not unpleasant. "Also, my kids." She said simply. "I'm here because my kids might be on Hoth." She begins stretching. "Oof, this used to be much easier." She pulled her leg into a standing split, then switched.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Kassi Fett

Post by Kassi Fett »

A workout was exactly what she needed after the late night with the squad, and the bottle and the sabbac and more boozes. She didn’t pay the others mind, found some free weights, loaded them up and got to work. Thankfully she made sure to bring something to drink to keep her going.

The best cure for a hangover was always more liquor, right, and a good workout.
Mandalorian | Soldier | Tough | Headstrong | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:57 am
Before answering she took off her cloak, and her weapons. Her face was pensive but not unpleasant. "Also, my kids." She said simply. "I'm here because my kids might be on Hoth." She begins stretching. "Oof, this used to be much easier." She pulled her leg into a standing split, then switched.
His eyes would widen a bit "Oh wow, yours kids...that uh, that's kind of big." Last he had known she had assumed they were dead "that's good right? That you know where they are." He asked as he went into some more intense stretching to limber up
Kassi Fett wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:43 am
A workout was exactly what she needed after the late night with the squad, and the bottle and the sabbac and more boozes. She didn’t pay the others mind, found some free weights, loaded them up and got to work. Thankfully she made sure to bring something to drink to keep her going.

"Hey there." Omandri threw a casual greeting to the newcomer, military by her bearing and attitude. He knew the type from his own stint in the Armed Forces. He'd seen the hangover workouts before, the drinking workouts was a new one though.

Description|Theme
Kassi Fett

Post by Kassi Fett »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:59 pm
"Hey there." Omandri threw a casual greeting to the newcomer, military by her bearing and attitude. He knew the type from his own stint in the Armed Forces. He'd seen the hangover workouts before, the drinking workouts was a new one though.
"Hey," she responded as she started her workout, only take a break to take a swig of the good stuff. "Not in your way am I?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Kassi Fett wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:03 pm
"Hey," she responded as she started her workout, only take a break to take a swig of the good stuff. "Not in your way am I?"
He shook his head "not at all, space is big enough to share." He moved to stretching arms and chest muscles "long night?" He asked with a touch of amusment "I'm familiar with the hangover workouts."

Description|Theme
Kassi Fett

Post by Kassi Fett »

"Night, morning... I figure we got some time before we hit planet side, why stay sober," she replied. "You one of the new folks, you don't seem like a soldier with that haircut."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Kassi Fett wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:14 pm
"Night, morning... I figure we got some time before we hit planet side, why stay sober," she replied. "You one of the new folks, you don't seem like a soldier with that haircut."
A light chuckle "something wrong with my hair cut?" He asks running a hand through it for a moment "but no I haven't been a soldier for almost a decade now." He replied

"I'm Omandri Rist part of the Alderaanian delegation riding along with you all."

Description|Theme
Kassi Fett

Post by Kassi Fett »

"You a fancy boy, huh? Alderaan is all fancy boys," she replied as she took a healthy drink.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri shrugged smirk still on his lips "I suppose that's true enough these days, but fancy doesn't mean ineffective. I'm good at what I do."

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:59 pm
His eyes would widen a bit "Oh wow, yours kids...that uh, that's kind of big." Last he had known she had assumed they were dead "that's good right? That you know where they are." He asked as he went into some more intense stretching to limber up
She smiles, "I've got a lead."
Kassi Fett wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:43 am

Breela waves a polite greeting.

Turning back to Omandri she whispers. "If you want details, buy me a drink later. I would like some advice." Having seen Breela at her worst, and possibly her best at least once. Omandri alone might pick up a cold breeze coming off her. She's outwardly the same Breela, inwardly though it's anyone's guess.

She finishes stretching her lower body and runs through a few arm and wrist stretches. "Shall I tutor your grace in combat? Or would you prefer a different type of exertion?" She teased.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:41 pm
Turning back to Omandri she whispers. "If you want details, buy me a drink later. I would like some advice." Having seen Breela at her worst, and possibly her best at least once. Omandri alone might pick up a cold breeze coming off her. She's outwardly the same Breela, inwardly though it's anyone's guess.

She finishes stretching her lower body and runs through a few arm and wrist stretches. "Shall I tutor your grace in combat? Or would you prefer a different type of exertion?" She teased.
Omandri nodded to the first thing and smirked at the second "Well I'm happy to spar but you'll find I've not been sitting idle these past years." He said bouncing a bit on his toes

Description|Theme
Kassi Fett

Post by Kassi Fett »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:40 pm
Omandri shrugged smirk still on his lips "I suppose that's true enough these days, but fancy doesn't mean ineffective. I'm good at what I do."
"As you say, your Grace," she teased and got back to work.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:43 pm
Omandri nodded to the first thing and smirked at the second "Well I'm happy to spar but you'll find I've not been sitting idle these past years." He said bouncing a bit on his toes
She returned the smirk with mirth. "I know what you've been up to. What you didn't tell me in your messages, I likely learned from Thy." She squared up with a grin. "I like the new Rist, and the new you."

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Kassi Fett wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:46 pm
"As you say, your Grace," she teased and got back to work.
Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:02 pm
She returned the smirk with mirth. "I know what you've been up to. What you didn't tell me in your messages, I likely learned from Thy." She squared up with a grin. "I like the new Rist, and the new you."
The soldier recieved a grin but Omandri turned back to Breela "You gotta stop doing that, not everyone knows you're joking." He said with some mirth

He raised an eyebrow as he squared up with her "Oh Thy keeping tabs on me or just the Rist family?" They had worked together a bit here and there and Omandri had done his own digging on the jedi

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 pm
The soldier recieved a grin but Omandri turned back to Breela "You gotta stop doing that, not everyone knows you're joking." He said with some mirth

He raised an eyebrow as he squared up with her "Oh Thy keeping tabs on me or just the Rist family?" They had worked together a bit here and there and Omandri had done his own digging on the jedi

Breela smirked, "Thy? No. Me, yes. I seriously doubt the Jedi care about you, save your friends in it. They do keep a weathered eye on Alderaanian court intrigues however. What with its penchant for bleeding over into the greater galactic political hemisphere." Referring of course to the Cunning Man. She teased, "You have changed. I don't remember you giving a frag what people thought of you before."

She pivoted in a way that left an opening.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He gave a casual shrug "'fraid it comes with the territory, have to care a little when you represent an entire family and not just yourself."

"But im glad i dont seem to be on their radar, especially after my sister tried to kill one and broke a padawan's arm." The opening was an obvious trap, he feinted a kick, his knee pointing toward the opening but shifting at the last second to go for the opposite leg

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Damn she thought, executing a tiny but graceful hop to avoid the kick. By the time she was ready to attack he'd already returned to square one. "Who hasn't tried to kill Layne?" She joked, "Still, I know you've taken the reins of your house, and you've brought it around to a new and much better place." She started a round house feint that changed to a teep, bringing them in close.

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri saw the shift and stepped just far enough back so that even if the push kick connected it wouldn't have much power and he grinned "Well while I'm glad you approve of my actions I'm more concerned with the thoughts of the council. But if they are happy with it being ancient history then so am I."

He circled her in a way to keep her strong side further away from him he then darted in with a quick series of punches two towards her head to draw defense up and one to the gut actually meant to connect.

"And what have you been up to since we last spoke?"

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She uses an Echani block. One arm blocks high the other low. After the block it blends then transitions into a strike. "You know, bringing balance to the galaxy one pirate lair at a time-"

Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri takes the strike moving just enough it glances off hos shoulder but in doing so he made an opening and whips a hand out flat, palm up in a knife hand stopping it just short of her neck

"That's a knock out." He said grinning to her as the hand turn down and patted her on the shoulder "so it sounds like our job on Hoth is gonna be nothing new for you. If diplomacy fails of course."

Description|Theme
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Hmmmph, nice one." She repositions.
Omandri Rist wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:35 pm
so it sounds like our job on Hoth is gonna be nothing new for you. If diplomacy fails of course.
"I hope diplomacy doesn't fail. If we hurry up and are successful I can do what I need to do quickly." She moves around looking for an opening like before. "I'm afraid if negotiations drag out... I'll become a liability."

She executes a few strikes. Calculating, preparatory strikes that create an opening.

"But if I'm unlucky and they break down early... well. I've fought in wars, run rebellions. A little action doesn't worry me."

As the opening manifests she moves in and strikes. Wrapping one leg around his and simultaneously bringing her elbow down on his knee so it pushes towards the floor. Omandri is going down and Breela will try to grapple him.