The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Cynella Alde

(D0 Expecting) Alde Reasons to Go

Post by Cynella Alde »

Inventorying all of the aid the Republic had sent along with this contingent brought Rhia a modicum of peace. Doubt reared its ugly head from time to time. Behind every food crate was the specter of motherhood despite the countless instances Rhia reminded herself that childrearing wasn't her only purpose. That and the caretakers responsible for the little ones were the definition of accountable.

Rhia ran a hand over her military badge. Though she was still in casual clothing (and for a noblewoman such as her, that consisted of an exquisite ruby romper and many accessories), the weight of duty clung to her. We'll be home soon.
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Re: (D0 Expecting) Alde Reasons to Go

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie roamed through the deck that kept most of the aid that was destined for Hoth, which had perhaps filled up its many compartments. It looked rather impressive, the might of the Republic's generosity, she knew full well that it might never be enough. The circumstances were dire and sometimes things do go from bad to worse.

While Aurilie might have taken any opportunity to sport regal garb or a handsome outfit, it seemed rather distasteful in this circumstance. They were rather far from home and this was a mission where refugees were going to be attended to. She was not in her kingdom or one of the many majestic fiefdoms of the other Alderaanian Houses. Thankfully, she wasn't unused to dressing in a utilitarian manner. She wouldn't get very far as a huntress if she wasn't. The prince herself was dressed in navy cargo pants with a matching jacket, perhaps looking more like a member of a crew than Alderaanian royalty.

It almost seemed like a maze of sorts here, rather befitting since that was where they first met. "Rhia? Darling?" She called out curiously, hoping she didn't have the wrong deck here.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

It wasn't ever like Aurilie to inaccurately track her quarry. Hunting euphemisms rarely brought her joy like they had before. Perhaps she had grown as an individual. Perhaps she had become more vexed by random odditities.

Though that did not dim the radiance that was her Prince. "My thoughts wander to you and so you arrive. Perhaps I am a Jedi after all?" she asked, paired with her signature wink. That wasn't how the Force worked, so she'd heard, but she couldn't help but be coy.

And sometimes, she needed the confidence boost. "I don't know what I was thinking wearing this onboard. Is never going to work on Hoth..."
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie couldn't help but chuckle at the response from her wife and strolled over to where she was working. Between all of the obligations, tours, and trips in between, being together in the same place was perhaps not so common as of late. Her presence never failed to bring an easy smile to Aurilie's lips. She placed an arm around her waist and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. "Mayhaps, although that's likely a question that only someone like Princess Katarzyna would be able to answer. Something like that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, if it were true, my dear. I've always recalled ever since our first meeting, there was always something positively enchanting about you. A little magic and maybe an impossible bending of space would only be the least wonderful thing you're capable of."

She gave a glance at her outfit a moment of consideration, bleeding a little honesty in their situation. "...It might not work so easily. Not without a few layers or a portable heating field but you do look lovely in it. It suits you well and I'm sure will do much to bestow morale around here."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Rhia joined with her beloved with a familiar ease, returning the kiss on the cheek with the same affection as years before. "You really are one for flattery, aren't you?" she asked as she chuckled. "Though flattery implies a layer of insincerity. There is no doubt you believe it. That being said, I imagine Princess Katarzyna would have noticed any such blessings by now." The dream still came for Rhia from time to time, though she was a heroine in the eyes of a few children that mattered most to her.

"Are you implying that everyone is admiring my legs?" Since the days on Alderaan, she had put on some weight. No longer was she the lean machine but rather... A tasteful thickness was what she'd heard once. "I imagine a portable heating field would be bad optics, unfortunately. Seems excessive for a humanitarian mission." She let out a wistful sigh.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie momentarily cast an incredulous glance at her wife before offering a small smile. "I do understand that my sincere words may very well come off as flattery sometimes, it does wound me a little that you'd even consider that possibility, darling. Flattery is often used by those who seek to curry favour while I'm quite confident that I have yours already."

She dropped her arm from her waist and gently, if she would allow her, took her hand in hers so that she could deliver a gentle kiss. Obviously, such flourishes were out of place in a cargo hold but that that wasn't going to stop a prince from treating her princess.

"Hardly the case," she said with a stoic expression. "Red does draw attention well and you wear red very well. That, and your reputation is perhaps a beacon to Mount Joral. Your actions on the field of battle bring much honour to our House. I'm sure your presence here will bring confidence to many here, it's very likely we'll succeed in our mission. That said, I can only speak about my personal feelings about you. I haven't conducted a survey around here to know for certain but I'd be glad to if it would assuage any of your concerns, my love."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"One must always be wary when mingling with fellow nobles," Rhia said, doing her best to as prim and proper as her mother's lectures. "There is also the point that one should not be too blatant with one's affections lest they be exploited."

Despite all the teasing, Rhia fell into the prince's little dance. After the kiss, she allowed a playful smirk to convey her feelings better than words would.

"I agree, my penchant for heroics is not entirely unfounded. Jedi or not, I've risen to the demands of my position." Rhia tugged on the hem of her romper. Perhaps a bit longer would have been cute too, though the possibility remained that she would have appeared like a discount mechanic. "I very well hope morale boosts won't be necessary. An expedient mission won't even have time to spare for a rousing speech."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie offered a small titter as she gave a glance about their surroundings before offering an apologetic smile. "Of course. My apologies if my forward affections have gotten the best of me. I'm sure we should be focusing on the task ahead than focusing on any sort of biases we might have toward each other. Duty first, then we can consider anything else once that's completed. An expedient mission would be a wonderful one but I'm sure that might be out of our hands. Some suspect whatever is waiting for us on Hoth won't be easy, these situations have a way of complicating themselves. This might be less of delivery and more of a campaign."

"A test of resolve only fit for those who are truly dedicated." She offered a glance at what she was working on prior to her arrival, wondering if she had interrupted an important task at hand.

"I get the feeling that we haven't been allocated enough aid if that's actually the case, and we would be just the first of many shipments or convoys needed on Hoth. We'll just have to do the best with what we have. Of course, this is your domain and I can only speak of what I see in front of me. That said, I would be eager to help however I can. Lieutenant Alde," she said before offering a proper salute with no jest intended in the gesture. "I wish to be more than an important passenger or a mere figurehead."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Ah, well, if emotions were of no use, then we would have droids perform every task in the galaxy." Whether or not droids possessed feelings, the extent of which, and which ones did... That was a topic far beyond her comprehension. Moreover, it defeated the purpose of her little game with her beloved.

Though the thought of complications pressured her to be more serious. "I have no doubt in our resolve. Our line of communication, however... The children are in excellent hands." It wasn't like it was uncommon for nobles to grow up in the company of nannies and the like. Rhia had seen them more often than her own parents. And yet, she missed them all the same.

"Yes, the numbers haven't quite added up. One ship can only manage so much, after all." Rhia regarded Aurilie's salute with a silent respect, letting it linger for a few seconds. "Ah, at ease, darling. I'm not even in uniform at the moment." Not that she really wore it that often. Hers wasn't custom made to show off Alderaan's Ass.

Not that she was in possession of it. "Your talents will not go to waste." Were it another couple, perhaps one could rightfully expect innuendo. "After all, you tracked me down here using a trail I cannot fathom myself."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie's expression took on a slight change as she was dented by the thoughts of their children. She placed her hands behind her back and nodded solemnly on that note. Sure, she was that they were in good hands with their squadron of caretakers that they've hired for such an occasion but she'd like to think of herself better than most other nobles than to default to such a 'custom' so easily. In an ideal situation, one of them would be present with them. It was part of why she had reduced her ventures with hunting and worked at 'home' (that was Alderaan as a whole) so to speak. In a way, she was self-aware of her own distant relationship with her own parents and wanted to avoid that sort of future herself. She wanted to put forth an effort to do otherwise, at least with young Ashley.

"They are...Most importantly, they will be safe and taken care of. That said, it is very unfortunate that we've had to leave them. The times that we're all under the same roof have become something uncommon as of late. Would declaring the loss of family time together a sacrifice to this miss be proper? Likely not and I would never be so outrageous to tout that in front of proper company, but my mind does waver from time to time on that thought." She sighed regretfully at that thought before reaching forward to take her hand.

"Ah, it seems that even my formality might have overstepped their bounds. Your reputation and accolades do proceed you, it only felt fitting to honour you regardless of form. I will concede that this is solely my fond bias colouring my opinions." She said with a faint smile. "I am good for something in these metallic confines and jungle of wares. How may I be of service?"

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"It is only my hope that they will understand why their parents needed to act rather than stand by. If not today, then perhaps when they are older." Rhia tapped her lips, looking at the cool ceiling of this metal cage propelling them through space. In that time, she took Aurilie's hand with a warm smile. "Oh but it may be that we fret over nothing. Such is common among parents."

She smirked. "Some would press that formality is always important with the military. I must admit, however, that I've noticed a trend of the very opposite. Desperation, changing times, who knows..."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Of course..." Aurilie said with a mustered smile on the matter, Ashley still in her thoughts. Her hand grasped Rhia's gently, finding some comfort in her wife's touch. It seemed that it didn't concern her too greatly. Still, almost odd that they would find themselves together and so far from their children.

"That said, my dear, I don't think all parents on Alderaan live as interesting lives as we do. They are more than old enough now to have all sorts of questions but maybe not enough to grasp the answers. Surely, a tale they can share with their future friends fondly but I do hope it doesn't come with some resentment first." She nodded sound on the matter with a hint of acceptance. They made their choice for now and changing their mind wasn't going to turn the ship around.

"I do hope that peace isn't to blame?" She brought up with a raised brow. "Just because were in an era of relative peace doesn't meant there's an excuse to be so lax. Especially, when peace is relative in some parts of the galaxy, as we've become all too familiar to the contrary during the Festival."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Oh that is not so charitable to them, now is it?" Rhia asked with a coy smile. "Their lives are intriguing in other ways. Our circumstances are so unique, however." She pursed her lips then, after a few moments of reflection, let out a wistful sigh. "It wouldn't be unlike them to believe they should have come with us. I must wonder where they got such adventurous spirit from."

Rhia shrugged. "Peace is so relative, isn't it? There are just so many oddities that continue. Those aren't exactly laxness... just the eccentricities that I encounter everyday." She shook her head. "But I am being much too exacting, aren't I?"

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie would give Rhia's held hand an affectionate squeeze before she released her. She imagined that she couldn't quite carry on with her duties if they held hands all day. That said she was still a bit curious about what she could do to help around here. With that, she gave a glance at the stock of foodstuff. Did they count everything by hand around here?

"Oh," Aurilie said with a faint smile tugging at the corner of her lip, feigning a bit of innocence. "That might be a bit of a mystery we'll never be able to pinpoint, my dear. That said, I felt it was only fair that I regale them with the tales of where one of their mothers had ventured off to. I think they did share much of my suspense, although Susette might not be old enough to understand yet."

"You have an eye for detail, especially when your previous experience when it comes to knowing what's best for passengers on your family's ships," She smiled encouragingly at her wife. " That sort of awareness must transfer well when it comes to managing a crew. If you've let things slip so easily and lower your standards, it's likely you wouldn't be enjoying the success you see today. That said, that sounds a bit concerning, I hope the military hasn't been ignoring your consul?"

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

For the time being, Rhia didn't very much care to continue her inventorying. Others had done it before and this didn't seem like a group where there would be many discrepancies. At least, she had faith that volunteers for a humanitarian mission wouldn't go about stealing from it for a quick bit of profit. There were smarter ways to make money anyhow!

"Talk about it too long with them and they'll want to imitate it," Rhia said with mixed emotion. They had obviously discussed this before: for Rhia's part, she wanted her children to be safe (shooting giant animals was the very opposite of that) but struggled with the idea of caging them. "I'm betting it'll be Carlotta. Would you agree, darling?"

Rhia stifled a laugh. "Yes, I did examine the exact dimensions of a seat cushion more times than most people." Well, she had someone else do that most of the time and report it to her, but that was besides the point. "It isn't easy to voice concerns about superiors. That and it's mainly those who lie outside of the enlisted or the commissioned who are, well, questionable in behavior.

"That being said, I must say that Captain Alderaan... er... you know, he molded those Mandalorians into proper soldiers. And they actually are part of the military..." Rhia released a nervous chuckle. Hero worship was still one hell of a thing for her.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Talking might be one thing, showing is another. I've certainly stopped short of showing anything." She frowned faintly on that note but she supposed the room full of stuffed animals and bodiless heads likely painted certain details more gloriously on their own. "Carlotta has always been a little overactive. Maybe it's best that it's focused on something true to life than just merely elsewhere with no direction to go."

There was a look of reservation in Aurilie's eyes. Okay, she didn't really think that was a good thing either. She let out a small sigh. "I suppose I could trim down the tales. But I have to admit that the interests they show in them, both of what we do, it's a bit hard to deny them of that pleasure. Maybe we can consider teaching them to care for nerfs instead."

There was that stable of nerfs that Aurilie procured a while back...And she was still dealing with them.

"Having Mandalorians respect you enough to listen to you is a bit of a feat most won't accomplish in their lifetimes," she said, feeling that story in itself must have some embellishment. No Mandalorians would allow themselves to become lapdogs to an outsider. "You're a wonderful executive officer and my words can't be flattery when others believe it. I suppose some changes might be gradual. No doubt this mission will only elevate your majesty further when it's all said and done! I'm sure of it!"

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Retracting the tales now is like taking back a bet after the die is cast," Rhia said with that signature wink of hers. "I would have alluded to something like planting a seed but trees and the like can always be uprooted."

The nerfs had been a great investment, though they might have disagreed. Their poor snouts.

"Aren't I supposed to be the one with the rousing speeches?" Rhia pursed her lips as she pondered on her impending future. Once she became a Captain, she wasn't sure if she'd be reassigned somewhere else. "I do have quite the competition here. One would think that Alderaan itself is solely responsible for this mission."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"It might be too late but they are young enough to have their interests wander in about a thousand different places. Personally, if they aren't troubled by them, I don't consider it a bad thing if they're enthralled by our hobbies and livelihoods." She smiled softly, the wink more than responsible for coaxing that out of her. "Things can change once they hit their teens, as we know. We just also have to come to terms with the possibility of dealing with having them become more like us too."

Aurilie chuckled a little. "Yes, but I found myself caught in the moment, I'm afraid. Don't forget, I also happen to work in diplomacy too. I try to be convincing sometimes. A lot of people are turning their heads at the royal representatives alone. I think this does benefit Alderaan but I don't think many would be considered competition for you. I fail to see another rising star in the officer ranks among them."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Oh if I'm ever allowed to pick one of their passions, then let it be mechanics. Starships, both interior and exterior, are always in need of more innovations." Rhia's smile grew. "But that would be too controlling of me, now wouldn't it?" Not that she didn't have a domineering streak already. Health, fitness, all of that had never been relinquished by her. Her admittedly obsessive tracking had spread to the entire household, something which just needed to be accepted by everyone in it.

"Some would say you're a far better diplomat than I. It's not a competition between us, though."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

That would perhaps explain the great lack of sweet carbonated beverages around the home. Not that they should have any, such cheap and sensational items were far too low for royal palates!

Aurilie found herself giving her a look of consideration before answering. "...Well, I suppose my parents did ship me to finishing school at first. I did drop out and chased my own pursuits, giving military college a try. Eventually, I found myself the woman I am today. It might be fine to give them some direction of what wish of them but I find myself a bit reluctant to fit them into a mould against their desire. Of course, parents want the best and our children deserve the best but I'd like to think that they will find what is best in their hearts."

She let out a sigh and raised a defensive hand. "...And I'm fully willing to take the blame, as I'm sure the results might take a life of their own."

"It's not a competition, you're right about that, my dear," she said as she strolled behind her at first before finding herself on her other side, hooking an arm around hers. "I'd say you're most certainly my better half. Besides, different approaches for different people. I find it hard for anyone to disagree with that sunny disposition of yours."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"My parents were very much the same. I hope we will let them have the freedoms we had once hoped for, yes?" Rhia asked without any bitterness in her tone. She had lived a comfortable life before marriage, that much could not be disputed. And now, she carried on as she wished. "That being said, I do hope we can influence them in some way. I hadn't acquired all of my wonderful traits by myself, you know." And with that, she had to add her wink again.

"It's true, I do have a way of, say, melting the coldness that others so often struggle against." She prodded her wife a bit, perhaps reminiscent of how she had been with animals.

Poor, poor nerfs.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I'm optimistic that we'll have some part in the upbringing and character development," she said with a momentary smirk. Her mind did drift off to their current circumstances, however. A bit peculiar how they would talk about their children when they were several light years away from them and on an extended mission. Their thoughtfulness had a limited reach when they were so far from their children. "That's unlikely hubris on our part. That said, I do find myself missing them more now."

She chuckled at the prod and gave Rhia a sidelong look. "I hope you're not saying that I seem unapproachable, I can't be that frigid in the slightest. That aside, you've always had a wonderful beaming presence that brings an immediate summer regardless of the season."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Well, the heart does have its way of longing for something that isn't there." Rhia tilted her head, eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Surely you are longing to reunite when you go on your trips."

Rhia pressed her lips together as much as she could to conceal her smile. "Oh but who isn't slightly intimidated by your presence? That or intrigued enough to try to see what lies behind the curtain?"

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"That goes without question, my love. Each venture and excursion is admittedly tinged with some regret that might have spent the time better elsewhere. With the children, so that I could potentially spoil them better than the legion of caretakers that we have at home. Also, with you, for those time you return from your valiant work and your schedules align," she said in return as she looked at her fondly as she gave her arm a small tug to pull Rhia toward her direction. Taking opportunity of that particular alignment, she would give her a quick kiss. It admittedly felt a bit fleeting, much like the times they were all under one roof together.

"...However, I could swear that I've cut down on my trips drastically. It's not my intent to go off galavanting if there isn't at least some rare opportunity or a diplomatic avenue found within them. I couldn't let Ser Keyhote get in trouble on his lonesome all the time, although I admit that it'll take much before that happens."

She couldn't help but chortle at that thought. "Intimidated!? That's an amusing thought but I can't change what people want to see. Intrigued, that's something else entirely. They do say that the other Houses of the lowlands do often gaze off into the distance of the Alde mountain range, wondering what lies within its snow-covered peaks. May as well I have that same effect. Most would never bother themselves to put in the effort, content with their mundane lives."

Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

"Spoil them? My, I must be certain to supervise you more often with them." Such was a bit rich coming from her. She too was guilty of pampering her children, for no matter how much she protested, she could not escape her noble upbringing.

"Ser Keyhote! Well, I do miss him dearly. I can't imagine the negotiations could go any better than having him barge right on in with a list of demands. Who would ever dismiss such magnificence?" They too had spent time together, though more on matters such as chivalry.

Rhia leaned back with a teasing glance. "Oh but is not trekking up the mountain an intimidating prospect? It is the same principle."