The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Aurilie Alde

Re: [Pregame] Tea Time...? (Open)

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie accepted the tea that was given to her and sat down with her bottle of cola. She wasn't exactly dressed as extravagantly as she was on Alderaan but rather dressed in the utilitarian attire of someone a part of a freighter crew or something of the like. She gave a nod of acceptance to Garth. "Fine enough, Mister Garth. I understand that we're far enough from Alderaan that I'm sure these formalities will become more extraneous than necessary. Seeing as we're all collectively here going toward Hoth for a mostly shared purpose, the well-being of others will and should naturally have our priority. No ceremony needed on my behalf, please."

"... a rather interesting offering of snacks." She said as she picked up her bottle to fiddle opening the cap, offering a return to the casual nature of their company together.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Ah just hope this all goes smooth like, ah've seen a duke, a duchess, and now a couple of prince's on this ship. Alderaan c'd be in fer a major overhaul if this don' go well." He jokes in that typically pessimistic military manner.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"I can only speak on my own behalf but I imagine the abundance of royalty present here is perhaps a realization that we've all come to that we can only do so much from the comfort of our homes on Alderaan. Sure, allocating funds and giving sweeping gestures to forward motions to do good in the galaxy is enough to make many nobles sleep soundly at night but only a fraction of the work needed. Actions and capable hands are needed in the effort, Alderaan is as much capacity as they are generous. The best investment is the one where you commit yourself to, I'd say." She nodded surely on that note. "We can't assume that there is true peace in the galaxy by merely assuming so by its declaration."
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Standin' up fer what ye believe in? Ah c'n get b'hind that." Garth opined.

"Tha's th' reason ah re-inlisted after all, glad t' see the cream o' society is feelin' the need as well."

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 pm
She meandered over to the table that was congregating with a few people and there were two faces that stuck out. "Good...evening, Miss Breela and Mister Garth. Do you mind if I join you for a bit? Prince Aurilie Alde of the kingdom of Mount Joral." She would offer as an introduction to the others.
"Absolutely, please join us Lady Aurilie." Breela gave her a warm smile and a welcome gesture.
Nudimsu wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:51 pm
Still he would nod politely once more and then go back to eating at a even faster pace than he had before. "Nudimsu." was the words he said to the Prince, his voice still managing to maintain control of its tone.
Breela pumped the breaks on her mischief making and attempted to send Nudi a peace offering through the Force.
Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:55 pm
"I can only speak on my own behalf but I imagine the abundance of royalty present here is perhaps a realization that we've all come to that we can only do so much from the comfort of our homes on Alderaan. Sure, allocating funds and giving sweeping gestures to forward motions to do good in the galaxy is enough to make many nobles sleep soundly at night but only a fraction of the work needed. Actions and capable hands are needed in the effort, Alderaan is as much capacity as they are generous. The best investment is the one where you commit yourself to, I'd say." She nodded surely on that note. "We can't assume that there is true peace in the galaxy by merely assuming so by its declaration."
"Well, I'm not sure of our overall mission here. But then I've got other business as well. Still it's always laudable when one answers the call to service. I feel better knowing the prince is here, and..." She grins at Garth, "that a certain brash flyboy will be watching all our backs."
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"It's the sort of purpose that becomes the seems that provides order to the galaxy. Whether or not that order is just is perhaps up for interpretation. However, I imagine that one doesn't go into pirate believe themselves just and fair by any stretch of the imagination. Nobody can be that foolish to delude themselves enough. There's no reason for us to stand idle if we can do some good."

Aurilie gave a glance to the others. "But, I'm sure we'll be able to tackle on any challenge if we are united."

She opened her drink and unfortunately, the carbonated drink might have taken enough of a tumble in the machine to rise from the drink. Aurilie was sure to close the cap before too much of a mess was made and casually reached for the napkin dispenser on the table without any fuss in her mannerism, just a tinge annoyed. Well, she probably shouldn't be having cola anyway.

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Garth Thul wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:08 am

Garth laughs at the coincidence of it all. "Well ah guessthat makes me an 'onorary blue man, mebbe we should form a group. D' you fly as well Jub?" He asks as he shakes vigorously.
Jub'lub had unintentionally plopped a few of his wheat crisps into his mouth and hadn't the forethought that with how dry they are, he'd be stuck with a full mouth for a moment. With full cheeks, he chewed the mash of sawdust as the Lady, Prince Aurilie introduced herself. As the conversations carried on Jub'lub was becoming a bit embarrassed at not responding right away, and with enough of the snack masticated, he ventured to swallow.

"Apologies, I appear to have bitten off more than I could chew. It is said, dehydrated wheat crisps are still better than no soup," he laughs. "Yes Garth, an honorary man of blue, you are!" Jub'lub Barked a quite but firm Ha. And while I have flown, it is not what I would consider one of my strong suits, but I wouldn't mind forming a group of like minded individuals myself."

Jub'lub then turned to Nudie, "I apologize to you, sir, as well. I hadn't meant offense in my comments about your name. It's venerable of you to allow so freely the use of your shortened name for us all to use."

Then, Jub'lub reached out with some nap-cloth himself and helped wipe up the small spillage the cola caused. "And, it is my privilege to share a respite with your highness, it is not uncommon for the Jedi to assist the many houses of Alderaan, I'm instructed, but this is my first time meeting true royalty. It is my pleasure. Is it true that Alderaan stew is exceptionally broth-y? I've always wished to try it."

"Breela, I hadn't taken you for such a social butterfly in our time together. It is nice to meet with your friends!"
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Jub'Lub wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:39 am
"Breela, I hadn't taken you for such a social butterfly in our time together. It is nice to meet with your friends!"
"Well..." she said sheepishly, "I wouldn't go that far."
Aurilie Alde wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:20 pm
Aurilie gave a glance to the others. "But, I'm sure we'll be able to tackle on any challenge if we are united."
Breela smiled at the Prince's convictions. Normally she would feel warmed by them... but not today.

After a few pensive moments trying to recall more information about the Prince. A sudden inconvenient memory found her instead: Embarrassed giggle.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Jub'Lub wrote:
Then, Jub'lub reached out with some nap-cloth himself and helped wipe up the small spillage the cola caused. "And, it is my privilege to share a respite with your highness, it is not uncommon for the Jedi to assist the many houses of Alderaan, I'm instructed, but this is my first time meeting true royalty. It is my pleasure. Is it true that Alderaan stew is exceptionally broth-y? I've always wished to try it."
Aurilie gave an appreciative nod at the aid provided by Jub. After that business was tidied up, she was happy to put the bottom off to the side so that it does no further harm to anyone else. "No, I suppose not but it's not so uncommon as you might think. Especially, with princess-consort Katarzyna Panteer, a Jedi herself. For proper reasons, I don't imagine that relationship would be joined at the hip but there possibly that contact will be maintained. Of course, compared to the rest of the Republic, Alderaan is in mostly good hands now. I don't think we are worthy to monopolize your time over some small squabbles when the Jedi are easily needed elsewhere."

She gave a glance at Breela recalling a different circumstance. "While I'm sure Hoth will no shortage of dangerous game, let us hope that nothing like those strange monstrosities we encountered will show up. The situation is already complicated as is without even seeing the true extent of the crisis."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:39 am
She gave a glance at Breela recalling a different circumstance. "While I'm sure Hoth will no shortage of dangerous game, let us hope that nothing like those strange monstrosities we encountered will show up. The situation is already complicated as is without even seeing the true extent of the crisis.
"Excuse me, hiccups." She cleared her throat and regained her composure. "I hope not as well. That... was something else." She remembered that cool ass kick she landed that day. "Nobody has seen Sir Keyhote have they?" She smiled to cover up the lingering memory, "No I'd guess not of course, but were things to go sideways he'd be the person I'd want to have on my side."

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"The noble Ser Keyhote is a close friend of mine and I believe that I've seen him a few seasons ago. But no, unfortunately, he hasn't joined us for this mission. He is not unfamiliar with Hoth and we've had a hunting venture before. However, I believe that he might be tide elsewhere, like with one of his noble obligations as a knight of honour. The galaxy could absolutely more people like Ser Keyhote. They might be able to match him in martial fortitude but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who would match his character at the same time."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Aurilie Alde wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:11 pm
They might be able to match him in martial fortitude but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who would match his character at the same time.
"Here, here." She agreed whole-heartedly.

Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Here, here," she said with a deep nod of acknowledgment. Perhaps out of habit, she reached for the closest drink but unfortunately, that meant the dreaded cola bottle. She then gingerly pulled back her hand and nodded once more. "I shouldn't be surprised that he's made himself an easy acquaintance to all around him and likely his legend will continue to proceed himself. It wouldn't be unlikely to toss his name out and have someone in the room catch it, he's just far too distinct of an individual. We've been trying to keep a tally on hunts but I'm sure he's soared far beyond my count. His lifespan does grant him that advantage, I'll give him that."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Jub'Lub wrote:

Jub'lub then turned to Nudie, "I apologize to you, sir, as well. I hadn't meant offense in my comments about your name. It's venerable of you to allow so freely the use of your shortened name for us all to use."
At least someone grasps the concept. He nods at Jub'lub. "So long as you understand, there is no harm done."
Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:10 pm
Breela pumped the breaks on her mischief making and attempted to send Nudi a peace offering through the Force.
There is a long glare at the cat before he sighs deeply and regains his calm. She always enjoyed pushing his buttons; a full display of his extreme mental fortitude that he did not succumb to her antics. All the while, Nudimsu simply sat there and listened. He had now recalled seeing this Prince around Alderran several years ago, but there was nothing that connected him, and the political and social nature of that place was all but a distant memory for him.

It didn't matter; he didn't need to go there anymore, as anything worthwhile on that planet was long since off of it.

So he continued to nod along to the conversation, although inside of his head, he was still contemplating that worthwhile thing.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth just smirked and leaned a little closer to Nudismu.

"But where w'd ya hide the bodies?" He joked half heartedly in a loud whisper.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Garth Thul wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:10 pm
Garth just smirked and leaned a little closer to Nudismu.

"But where w'd ya hide the bodies?" He joked half heartedly in a loud whisper.
"Space is rather vast, and an airlock is a easy thing to operate." Nudimsu said casually, keeping to his meal and water.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Yer not suggestin' unauthorised use of th' passcoded airlock on a republic vessel are ya?" Garth teased, knowing that Nudi was apparently coming so far in learning about sarcasm.

"If only ya knew someone who knew th' codes."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Yes, if only." He said, continuing his stare at Breela, keeping his causal tone and straight face in his comments.

This was rather amusing to him, and yes, his understanding of sarcasm had only slightly improved. "Not sure if the Force lets you survive in space, either."

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth slammed his hand on the rable and laughed.

"Ye're good sort Nudimsu, who'd a thunk a Chiss could be so funny." He comments before heading off to the benches to grab a kaff.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Adapt or die, I believe is the phrase." He said with a sigh. "And I've had to adapt to much since I came to this part of space."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:31 pm
"Yes, if only." He said, continuing his stare at Breela, keeping his causal tone and straight face in his comments.
She had missed the boy's conversation but eventually tuned back in around this point. The animus Nudi was showing pleased her, but she that fact quiet. "I was hoping I'd see you here actually. I wish to discuss business if that's okay."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"We can, if you wish. I am always eager to hear how I can pay for more fuel." She was a pain in the ass client, but she was a paying pain in the ass client. She'd proven trustworthy in the sense she never left any lingering debts.

That was what helped keep her out of the airlock.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 pm
"We can, if you wish. I am always eager to hear how I can pay for more fuel."
She keeps her voice low and leans forward. "Prince Aurilie, Garth, I don't mind if you know this as well, but I'd prefer this information not spread to far. Though admittedly I won't be able to stop you from telling others. I'll let you decide if this is something you wish to be entrusted with."

She'll give you both time to decide before continuing.

"A week or so ago, I learned that..." she sighed, "that the White Maw came into the possession of two slaves. Two farghul slaves. I believe that they are my children. I'm here looking for them."

She continues, "Nudimsu, there is no price I wouldn't pay to get them off Hoth safely. If, and if when the time comes. Can I count on you?"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

There is a long pause as he drank his water. "Your family?" He stared at her a moment longer. "If it's for family, then say no more. Let me know how I can help, and I'll only charge you for cost."

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth rests a hand on Breela's shoulder. "Ah gotcha back. Whateva y' need."