The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Bozr Thesk

Re: Parley [Pre-game, Outside Vestige]

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“I am all booked up, reach out to my assistant she might get you slotted in for next year some time,” he joked.
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I'll have mine call yours mmm?" she gleams a little with a smile before joining up to his side. A casual glance toward his arm but he was too proper for her to take it so abruptly.

"So, mercenary captain, I can't say I've tangled with too many of those in my past. Well- that I know of, but they're usually much more.." she brings an index up to tap her chin, "oafish?"
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“This line of work attracts a certain type; brutish, short-sighted, and quick to shoot. I can be all those things but never all at once. You never go full meathead, that’s just an outcome of poor planning. Of course you can’t be soft either, compassion is a weakness in this line of work. People don’t hire me because I make nice,” he responded confidently.

“As a wise man once told me, my late father, I’m good at what I do and what I do is very bad… very bad indeed.”
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Finding herself a little counter to lean her rear onto for a moment for a quick sit, legs crossing by the ankles, "Sounds like my father in my head, at least I can hear his voice sayin' something like that. What did yours do?" she asks. Smirking with a quick shake of her head, "Not like what mine did is all that hard to tell," she laughs.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"He was janitor, actually, ahem, grounds crew sanitation technician level three to be more precise," he said.

"I can't say I knew much more than that. If it helps my mother was a field scientist specializing in hydroponics or something."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Eyes narrowing on him a moment there's that momentary threat that she might pry and push further, only to relieve itself with another smile, "Helluva man for words, your father. For a janitor, at least. Though, I guess maybe that's what they're like? " she teases a little shake of her nose.

"Father a janitor, mother a scientist, and you.. a mercenary captain. Doesn't seem normal.. or, guess it sounds very normal? But you never really think about where mercenary's come from do ya?" she says the last bit more as a ponder.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"It takes all kinds to do this kind of work," he responded. "Not all of us can be born into nobility some of us have to work for a living."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Now now, you can't think that I'm like that, can you?" she says, a half-cocked smile, stupidly charming as always. Hands resting our a little at her sides, an open stance.

"I'm not like most you'll find with noble blood. Spent a good deal of time living where no one knew me and- speaking from somewhere that's seen both? That's quite the blessing in itself."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Really?" he said. "Now you're the one that needs to tell a story. Alderaan isn't known for having a bad part of town."

"Drink?" he offered.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Please," she says, quick smirk. Giving one of her little waves to indicate that she's ready for him to lead the way. Riss would follow suit to find themselves situated while she spun her tale, or at least started to, "I did what a rare few of entitled rich girls do and decided my freedom was worth way more to me than whatever comforts wealth and status brought me. My father very much insisted I marry to help better the family- as he was always very keen on bettering the family. Shame he was the one at the helm when it first fell to ruin but-" she waves off the thought, "I digress."

"All came to a boiling point and my father thought to call my bluff that I'd run away, and- I didn't bluff. Ran off with some ship captain and got myself as far away from Alderaan as they would take me. I dropped the Lanar and just became Riss."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“That’s tough but also self-inflicted, but I suppose for you it was worth it? I know plenty of people who would just get married and be miserable but wealthy,” he responded.

“Not sure which is the correct path.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Very worth it," she says, quick nod. Settling into a proffered seat she'd lean forward toward him in the conversational way. "Not a second of it I wasn't enjoying at the time, really. Getting word that my family was run out from our home, and that my parents were both dead, put something of a damper on it but there's plenty of distractions in the galaxy. I was fine then. And.." she gives a little shift to her arm to bring up the family crest sitting on her pilots jacket. "I wound up the Countess instead of Neass anyway so.." she shrugs.

"Lotta folk get mixed up in making the right choice- just make one. Take whatever happens next and live with it, enjoy what ya can, mmm?" she teases a little smile. "Though my advice is that wealth ain't worth kriff if you aren't using it for anything. Sexy parties are a good use, if you're bored," she chuckles.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Is Neass... your?" the man asked as he took a seat.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Older brother, pops golden kid that he loved so much. Was real set on him becoming the next Count but.." she shrugs, and gives a vague gesture around her. Neass was, as indicated, nowhere to be seen at current.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Oh, I am tracking now," he replied. "Well all seemed to end well for you and your family... well besides Neass and your parents. But, overall good?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Bo is missing a finger but he's otherwise whole, and so is Meiss, my little brother and sister respectively. Hir sent me a message that just said good luck some years back but I otherwise haven't heard from her, strange though considering she was always so family focused for so many years. Guess that kinda thing takes a toll on the family bonds.." she shrugs.

"Meiss isn't doing too good, shaken up about everything and practically found her in a ditch. She's back to playing music like she used to like but she's not quite the same socially, very skittish. I make her very comfortable back home, and so does the rest of the family," she says, and though there's the barest hint of the inner sadness over that behind her eye Riss doesn't seem to allow herself to delve on it enough that it could ever reach her expression.

"Alive, for the most. So yea, considering we were pretty much put up to be exterminated by the Thuls I guess we're all doing really good considering the circumstance," she adds with a little bit of levity granting laughter.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

Bozr finished his drink and said, “Well House Lanar has risen from dire straits to a great deal of power, if I understand the politics of Alderaan.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Well, that's just cause I'm amazing," she adds with a wink, and not one to be left behind finishes hers just a step behind. Almost as if it was measured to be so, social powerhouse that she was.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

He chuckled and rose and said, “Don’t be a stranger, Riss. I look forward to working alongside you. You know professionally.”

“Sadly I got to get a few things done before turning in.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"You'll learn very quickly I don't know how to be a stranger very much," she says, rising up alongside him. Casting a quick smile and a little dip of her head for a nod of acknowledgement. A glance out toward the way they came in, "Walk me out?" she asks, and then follows suit.

Once by the door she stops and turns, offering a smile first, "I look forward to it as well, Mr. Thesk. Hope you'll know that my ship is always a welcome space for you, and I wouldn't mind the company unprofessionally as well- Bozr," she casts another quick smile and then without leaving him space to say too much in response turns and leaves. Making sure that she is easily watchable all the ways away.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

Bozr smiled and then got back to work with some slight distraction.

/scene

*Played by Dapper Dog