The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Riss

Parley [Pre-game, Outside Vestige]

Post by Riss »

With the talks to come there was a lot of time to spend while underway and traveling. Not one keen on sitting on her own hands Riss found herself meandering sometime over the course of the flight among the ships docked here in the main vessel. That wandering and ship-watching would inevitably lead her toward the Vestige. After all, it was probably one of the prettiest ships on this vessel.

Propping herself up on a nearby crate the woman who was now a Countess didn't seem to strike the demeanor of one. Falling back into the old habits that she had when ship-watching was a far more frequent way she would kill time. Other captains and smugglers knew ships and their names; they found beauty in knowing how quick one could go or how much it could carry. Riss, however, was never so schooled in their inner workings as she was able to appreciate the aesthetic touches of a well-made ship.

Wearing an old-pilot-style jacket remade in the image of her old one but with the addition of her family crest and also of much finer make. Riss was the image of a ships Captain, and little more.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Re: Parley [Pre-game, Outside Vestige]

Post by Bozr Thesk »

The ramp lowered and Bozr walked down carrying some equipment over his shoulder, looked like coolant cables or something for maintenance. He seemed a bit surprised and spoke with an easy attitude, definitely from somewhere out in the Outer Rim, “Not sure if you are the welcoming committee but I could use a hand with checking some coolant seals, or you just here to admire my woman?”
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Eyes shifting from ship to captain Riss watches as the man descends the ramp. Lingering her gaze over him only a second or two after his question was asked. With a smile, "Came to admire the view," she shifts forward to stand.

"I'm not disappointed. She's a beautiful ship. Give me a tour around her?"
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“Vestige has seen me through a lot of scrapes, she deserves nothing but the best,” he responded as he started attaching the coolant hoses. “Good team, good ship… been just about anywhere one can go, and sometimes places folks didn’t want me to be,” he joked.

“Sure you know how it goes?”
Gun for Hire | Many Talents | Charming | Professional | Marksman | Captain of the Vestige

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Yes," she says, no lack of confidence whatsoever. Stepping up toward his side she glances over her shoulder, "How it goes? What's the it? I'm probably sure I know, maybe," she says, a quick flash of impossibly appealing smile; one to set any soul at ease.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

He continued his maintenance and said, “You know doing what no one thinks is possible? Like slipping through Imperial borders… land on Korriban… or I don’t know help the kriffin’ Queen of Alderaan keep her throne. The Vestige gets the Holonet, Countess Lanar.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Now, I do adore having a fan," she smiles wide, walking around him in a slight pace. Just to keep herself a little mobile but otherwise remaining in front of him enough. Ducking a bit to not bonk her head on anything, which that smooth underbelly did a beautiful job of helping with. "Imperial borders aren't too tough. You'd be surprised how unused to a little casual flirting most low-ranking officers are. Almost like stealing biscuits from a baby."

Riss offers her hand given the moment between cables and tools being used, all lady like, "Please, call me Riss."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

"Bozr, it's a pleasure Riss," he responded. "Not only are you a dangerous flirt but also a danger to all babies everywhere... where do you find the time?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Usually it finds me," she sighs, but it seems almost intentional. Not alike there was any real weight behind that sigh and only used to push her point. Leaning over a toolkit she crossed her arms and leans in a little, looking at him.

"They shouldn't make the biscuits so tasty," she chuckles lightly. "Have any daring escapades under your belt you're just dying to tell someone all about? I'm a very good listener, and very interested myself."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“Oh, I am sure anything I have to say pales in comparison to that. That’s a tough act to follow maybe another night, I’d rather hear all about how you were a big damn hero on Alderaan and why you would even think about going to the coldest pit in the galaxy,” he responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I came here on vacation of course," her lip curls a bit, finding a smile that was a little too amused with the tease of a non-answer. Crossed arms pushing herself up a little, now standing at her full height with only a little lean. "You are much too modest for someone who looks as good as you." Her elbows dig in on the toolbox, hand come up, and head comes down; altogether she creates herself a little platform to rest her head on while watching him work.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“A vacation now that does sound interesting, we had a jawa crewmate whose whole retirement plan was to retire on Hoth. Guess she got tired of all the sand and heat on her home world. Best damn cook I ever met, terrible shot but great cook,” he responded as he worked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Without being completely certain, Riss grabs one of the tools from the nearby array that looks like exactly the one he'll need next, "Used a lot of last tense just now. So, what happened to them?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

Riss wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:26 pm
Without being completely certain, Riss grabs one of the tools from the nearby array that looks like exactly the one he'll need next, "Used a lot of last tense just now. So, what happened to them?"
"They retired," he said laughing. "Living her dream out on the ice probably." He takes the tool and continued, "Sure I got stories that go the other way but that seems a little heavy for the moment."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss' eyes glance over him a moment, a physical thing to distract from the all too many stories she could tell. How normal death and the like could feel sometimes, especially after particularly poignant ones. That eye shifting around hiding the glimmer of a thought just long enough for the smile to renew with a little more zest.

"So, do you think you might take the chance to say hi while you're out here? Any name I should be on the lookout for to give an extra friendly hello to?" she adds with playful smirk.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“She has a shop in a place called Junktown, says it’s real nice, lots of scrappies. She’s got a Jawa name, but we just called her Zibzib. She’s honest, I mean she will rob you but she will sell you what she stole at an honest price,” he replied.

“If I get time I might go for a visit, but that’s me a girl or a friend in every port,” he joked.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"You seem the type," she says, a slight lead to her tone but she doesn't slip the hook in with it. Gaze drifting off into the rest of the hanger for a moment with an idea wonder placed somewhere else.

"Zibzib," she clicks her tongue. "I'll remember that."

"What about you?" Riss' gaze returns, with a slight raise to her brow. "What's your retirement plan some day? Got a girl in one of them ports that's a little more your type than all the rest?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“No, I am just a good old boy, with the one got away back home. Classic story, really. Boy meets wonderful girl, there is explosions then drinks and captivating conversation. Our ships would continue pass through the night, but never would we find the time to go in the same direction.”

He looked wistful and then continued his work as he spoke, “She got married, and that was that.”

He smirked and said, “Besides it’s trouble enough just keeping all the ladies and friends straight… think of how much worse it would be to combine the two. I wouldn’t get any work done. Surely you understand this burden?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I am always leaning on folk left and right. Jedi I slept with here, a dashing rogue there, it creates quite the interesting little vignettes of folk getting me out of and into trouble," she says with that teasy little smile of hers. Sighing as if to come off the high of the tease she settles in a little, narrowing her eyes at him just a smidge.

"Sounds like one helluva story you got there though. Quite the tale to tell the kids when they ask how mom and dad met. Real shame that she didn't see the potential for what she had while she had it. Hopefully, for her sake, whoever she married was worth the difference," she said. Chuckling, a little shake of the head, "But I dunno, you're quite the looker and humble to boot so- I don't really see how anyone else managed to compare."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“I like to think she lived a good life,” he responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

A flicker of recognition, and Riss purses her lips only for a moment. Not about to dig up that one so callously. Leaning back to distract from that lapse she gives a good un- proper-lady -like stretch.

"All we can all hope for, mm? Just give our best shot at this wild crazy ride and come out of it having enjoyed all the steps best we can."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

“Something like that,” he agreed. “So would you like the tour or are you satisfied with the exterior?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I would never leave something half finished," she lied, although Riss wasn't quite aware of that in the moment. Relaxing back up to her proper full stand, leaning off the toolbox, she tilted her chin forward and head back with a charming little smile.

"Lead the way," a touch of cheerie tone.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Bozr Thesk

Post by Bozr Thesk »

Bozr gathered up the hoses and made his way up the ramp and the interior was equally posh and well appointed. A Sleek modern design and incredibly clean. Bozr said, “I like to keep things organized.”

“I also like to travel in comfort.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I woulda used some flashy show of how you haven't known comfort until you've experienced Countess comforts but kriff me this looks nice," she says, the awe for how vibey the inside really was. Walking along just behind him at his side she slows her pace enough to run a hand over a surface or two to get a feel for it.

"Think I could hire you? My people are good but this is something else."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."