The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Galen Panteer

A Million Light-Years Away (Pre-Game)

Post by Galen Panteer »

On an observation deck, Galen Panteer stood before a large viewing window, watching as hyperspace streamed by. He didn't pay much attention to those who passed by him, other than a glance to see who they might be. Beyond that, he remained focused on the view before him.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Leontyne Saresh

Re: A Million Light-Years Away (Pre-Game)

Post by Leontyne Saresh »

“Prince Galen Panteer, my aide is going to be in trouble I did not see your name on the list of distinguished VIPs,” the female voice was smooth and articulate. Behind her he can hear the boot steps of a guards.

The senator gestured for them to hang back and offered a hand, “Senator Leontyne Saresh, our delegation is honored by your presence. I hope the accommodations on board are suitable to your station, my Prince.”
Twi'lek | Senator | Seasoned Politician | Fearless | Ambitious | Republic

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He turned to offer her his full attention.

"That's likely because I didn't use my full title when I came aboard. It's been a few years now, but I'm still not used to it." he dipped his head apologetically. "It is a pleasure to meet you Senator. The accommodations are more than suitable. I've just never been entirely comfortable with space travel."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Leontyne Saresh

“Well anything I can do to improve that, I would be more than obliged,” she said.

“If you want to keep it quiet, I won’t make a fuss of it, but I don’t want your wife or the Queen to think we are not offering you the best accommodations the Republic can provide. You know I am good with faces and when I saw the news I just had the feeling that you seemed… familiar.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He shook his head. "I just prefer to have my feet on the ground, or close to it. I don't believe we met directly, but I was a scout on Bankor. You may have come across me in some of your reports."

Leontyne Saresh

Galen Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:55 pm
He shook his head. "I just prefer to have my feet on the ground, or close to it. I don't believe we met directly, but I was a scout on Bankor. You may have come across me in some of your reports."
“You were at Bankor!” she said recognizing him.

“Maker that was like… what… twelve or thirteen years… now I just feel old… older,” she corrected. She continued, “Bankor is a far cry from Alderaan, I am not familiar with your background, but I am getting the feeling you were not born into nobility, let alone Alderaanian nobility.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Oh, not at all." he chuckled. "I wasn't even supposed to court Jameela. I went to Alderaan to trap a kath hound. I was born far from nobility. I was born a slave. I'm still amazed I have the life I have now, but Bankor changed a lot for me."

Leontyne Saresh

"Really, how so?" she said with interest.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Once I was free, I became a gun for hire. Most of the jobs I took involved hunting dangerous creatures, to eliminate threats or to capture them for collectors. But, I would take almost any work. I signed on for Bankor for the money. "

"I've never reveled in violence, but I enjoyed being part of the fight for Bankor. Fighting for something beyond survival or for those close to me was a new experience. I felt good about myself."

"I spent years on Bankor afterward, hunting in the Viridian Sea. I'd track and stalk creatures of the forest, but not for sport or survival. It was purely to enjoy the natural world."

Leontyne Saresh

"You found some peace, if only we could all be so lucky," she said in reply. "But how does one go from that to marrying into Alderaanian nobility?"

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"More luck, or destiny for the romantics." he shrugged. "There was a mutated, feral kath hound harming people on Alderaan. I arrived to hunt it during the Festival of a Thousand Flowers. I found a number of comrades from Bankor on the planet, several of whom are on this ship, now. Reuniting with them, led me to participate in more of the festival than I intended. That's how I met the princess."

"I don't think I made a very good impression, at first." he admitted. "But, I admired her compassion and determination. So, I tried to make a better impression. Once I did and once I realized I wanted more, I actively courted her, competing against the legitimate noble suitors. Ultimately, knowing full well who I was and who I had been, she chose me."

Leontyne Saresh

“She saw your heart and nobility, Prince Panteer. It’s easy to see from where I stand, you were already a hero by your actions on Bankor. I hope it isn’t too forward to say that I wish you and yours an equally charmed life as you have led. I know how it feels to come from nothing and make something of one self,” she said warmly.

“And now you decided to aid the Republic on Hoth, I am doubly honored to have you.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"Thank you." He nodded. "Clearly, there's a need for something to be done. I'll help, however I can. I'm not certain what you'll actually need, but Alderaan stands with the Republic and supports peace."

Leontyne Saresh

“Really we need cool heads and big guns, frankly. These pirates probably won’t want to come to the table willingly but if we can show them that making an enemy of the Republic is bad for their health maybe we can direct their ire in a more productive direction,” she responded.

“Are you familiar with the White Maw, Prince-Consort?”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"I am not." he shook his head. "We were briefed on the situation on Alderaan, but we didn't have many details. I was told my survival skills may be of some use, but I am still a capable marksman, if necessary."

Leontyne Saresh

“Our Intelligence has nothing noteworthy on them, vagrants and criminals flying junk heaps and using superior numbers to overwhelm traders and refugees. Typical bullies preying on the weak for what they feel must be easy creds. Disgusting, worse than the Empire, or nearly,” she responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"What about the system we're heading to? What's their connection to Hoth?"

Leontyne Saresh

Galen Panteer wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:10 pm
"What about the system we're heading to? What's their connection to Hoth?"
"Apparently they have several bases across the planet, Hoth isn't exactly hospitable to anyone so people hardly come out this way but the hyperlanes are frequently traveled and that is our major concern," she responded.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He nodded. "One of the best ways to hide a large group, is to use a location no one wants to go to. Are there any known settlements there?"

Leontyne Saresh

“None of any real note lots of small settlements for folks who want to make a go of it out here. I did read there was a larger settlement run by pirates but we should know more once we are in system and can do some scans of the planet. Our detachment should provide us space superiority over these pirates,” she said.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

"While our ground forces try to locate them, and their assets, on the surface." He rubbed his chin. "Is there anything in particular we'll be looking for?"

Leontyne Saresh

"I am not a military woman, so I can't say," she responded. "I have faith in our armed forces and the Jedi and individuals like yourself to sort all that out."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He nodded. "We'll do our best, Senator. For now, the only advice I can give, is to make sure everyone is prepared for the cold, even those intending to remain in orbit. If Hoth is as Inhospitable as suggested, extra caution is waranted."

"Also, did we bring anything to trade?"

Leontyne Saresh

“Trade, you expecting to play merchant with the pirates?” she questioned warmly trying to figure out his angle.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

He shook his head. "You said there may be a few settlements of people trying to make a go of it. Surviving in a place like that means going without many comforts and enduring some lean times. They've likely had to deal with the pirates. And, they'd likely welcome some fresh supplies and sundries."