The small detachment sent to Hoth to deal with the pirates.
Riss

Ship-ception [Pre-Game, Rimma]

Post by Riss »

Sat aboard the Valorian the Rimma Roundabout doesn't have as much traffic as it usually does. Which gives plenty of time and space for Riss to make use of the privacy here. Luring Omandri back to her personal chambers with promises of a good time it was the moment to enact her plans. A crisp hiss fills the room near as quick as the pungent and unique odor of the substance inside.

Rolling papers were set up on her nearby desk. Riss unveils the Marcon Herb tucked away in it's unsealed vacuum container with a little flair for the dramatic, as if it was a prize won on a gameshow. Stepping across like a giddy schoolgirl she hands it off to Omandri.

"Take a good whiff, and then wrap 'em for us yea?" she says, the barely concealed glisten of her smile peeking out between her painted lips.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Re: Ship-ception [Pre-Game, Rimma]

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri was a cautious man especially in years of late, numerous attempts on your life will do that to you. But Riss was a friend and ally so he barely hesitated at the invitation to board the Rimma, though part of him did want to counter offer meeting aboard his own ship.

The Duke had taken to formal wear and so it was in an expensive looking black suit with green undershirt and black tie He followed Riss to her cabin noting, as he sometimes did, the changes to the ship from the time he once spent on it. He cleared his throat briefly to dispell the other memories that occpanied that time.

When Riss brandished the container Omandri looked surprised for half a second before a grin spread across his lips "my my" He took a deep inhale "Not a bad batch Lanar, I see you're spending your house's resources where it counts." He joked as he took his suit jacket off hanging it on something nearby. sitting down at the desk he began deftly spreading the herb on the paper before rolling it just so, not too tight as to make the draw harder but snug enough to keep everything where it needed to be.

He held up the finished product between two fingers looking over his shoulder at Riss "Share? Or you thinking one each?"
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Share, and then we keep going till we're done. Hmm?" she says with a impish little smile. Producing a lighter from one of her pockets with a flash of a hand. Hands that drew those blasters quick enough to defy logic, at least for the common man. Standing close to Omandri as she offers up the flame for his use.

"Been busy the last few months. What's new with you," she pauses, placing all the intentional emphasis on the use of it, "Rist?"
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri chuckles lightly "your herb, your rules." He says in a way that makes it clear he has no issue with it. He wraps hos lips around the rolled paper and inches forward drawing in a breath and holding it a few beats before coughing the smoke up "Kriff it's been a while, you know they make easier ways to inhale this stuff right?" He said in a good natured jest as he offered the parcel to her.

"Your name sounds much better as a form of address by itself." A smile, he settles into the chair "and as for what's up. Just running an intelligence network, trying to balance the knife's edge of protecting the Crown without violating people's rights. The usual." A long exhale as a hand runs through the dark hair a couple strands of grey standing out among the blackness

The smile returns "How about you Riss?" Familiarity there in the tone and a touch of warmth in the eyes as he asks.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Yours starts with Ris-" she says, smirking alike a bandit. Without much thought put into it her hand comes up to touch his side and nudge him toward the bed. Leading the way to the side and sitting down she hits the soft mattress with a bit of momentum behind her.

"Other ways aren't quite as nostalgic, but if you want to mix it up sometime my cabinet is right over there," she nods to the side, pointing with her head toward a slim steel cabinet on the other side of her desk.

"You'd be surprised, maybe, how often I have to go in there. Shaking hands and kissing babes is only one half of all the work I do. Other half is usually with something like that lit and a few good laughs followed by some geeeentle pushes in particular idea-like directions," she says. Grinning wide as she reaches a hand up to finally accept the parcel as it were.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"But the t at the end throws it all off."

Omandri follows the gentle nudge and joins Riss on the soft bed with a soft grunt "Nah this is fine, just haven't smoked in ages it has a certain feel to it, nostalgia is a good word for it." The decor may have changed but this was certainly not the first time the two had shared some drugs in this cabin.

He grinned as she took it from him "I'm fairly familiar with your brand of diplomacy Riss. Also no stranger to loosening lips with intoxicants. There's a reason I followed your lead and put in a wet bar when I refit Whisper." He said referring to the ship that had once been the Gryffus "people are much easier with information with a bit of liquor or other things in their system."

He turned his head to look at her "in fact I believe it was over drinks you convinced me to drag myself on this mission."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Over drinks is where I probably came up with it," she says. Air flow halting for just long enough to speak before releasing a drag of smoke that streams long and true. Soft coughing that she bottles down to not show how she pushed herself just a little too far for that high to sink in just a bit more.

"It's good work though, and I don't think I would really trust it to any other group of people. Those of you who came with me for it.." she bites her lip and halts the sentiment. Another smaller drag done she hands it back to Omandri. "I do the talking, you do the smashing. You and Kat. Aurie can just keep us all aware of when kriff might hit the fan and we're good mmm? Hey, maybe I'll find someone I used to know, eh? Wouldn't that be funny?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri smirked a little as he took another inhale holding this one a bit better with minimal coughing on the exhale "and here I thought I brought along my vast knowledge of many subjects." A light chuckle as he rolled slight on his side facing her

"Despite how things went down five years ago I do much prefer using my mind to my fists when it comes to solving problems." He said with another drag passing it back "but I agree it is a short list of people I'd like to have my back on such a weird adventure. You assembled quite the capable team."

He looked for a moment "but thats all business, how have you been Riss? Outside of kissing all the babies and establishing yourself as a political force."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Hooking her arm under his she gives it a little raise, as to put it on display for a moment. "Now," she says, a soft whisper of a chuckle, "you might have alll those big brains and vast knowledge but you look so good when you use your fists. Just go back to that moment, make you shirtless, mmmm," she teases. Laughing, she lays his arm back down. Accepting the pass she takes another drag herself while settling down from her little foray into teasing.

"I'm okay," and that was all there was to that answer. A momentary flare of something that felt a little more real.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

The arm was a bit thicker than it was in the past, hard to tell with the long sleeve shirt but more obvious now that she was lifting it.

Omandri chuckled "Think about me shirtless often Riss?" He teased back all but sticking his tongue out at her.

He rolled onto his back again but looked at her with a sidelong glance "Just Okay? Successfully rebuilding a House from the ashes, becoming a Countess and one of the premier diplomats of Alderaan. Ok seems sort of....underwhelming for so much achievement in such a relatively short time." He noted, by now his head fully turned toward her eyes searching a bit.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

A false smile flashing, a soft chuckle, "I am rather amazing aren't I? Much better at this than I think my father would have ever believed. You know, I think it's even possible that my mother would have actually screamed if she saw me where I am right now. I know I would have..." she lets the pause hold a second before giggling to herself.

Relaxing back against the bed beside him, schooching in close. Riss went so far as to start leaning against his shoulder with her head, relaxing a little, "Riss Lanar, Countess. It's a respectable little name I've built for myself, eh?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

His expression was unconvinced but he didn't push.

"I'm sure they would be very proud of you." He said as she scooted in closer and rested a head on his shoulder. Usually walls start coming up right about now but he was more relaxed than anything.

He let his head rest against hers "I know I am." He said with a simple sincerity

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

Tracing over his arm with her eyes, the sleeve was in the way but in her minds eye it didn't get in the way. A heated gasp plays through her thoughts, a smashed table, the feeling of his beard on her chin, cheek, chest. Softly relaxed into this space with him she drifts into those thoughts just a little before..

Sharp inhale. Riss schooches away and toward the edge of the bed. Sitting up again she finds and checks the previously rolled blunt. One puff, "It's dead. Wanna go out and get something to eat? Got a nice store in the kitchen, maybe you can make me something eh?" she glances back with a grin over her shoulder.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri himself had begun to drift a little as well her warmth against his side was comforting but brought up his own memories. Riss' retreat to the edge of the bed snapped him out of his reverie.

He was a bit slow on the uptake but he nodded catching up quickly enough "Yeah I could eat. Been a minute since I've actually cooked anything" or kept a regular eating schedule for that matter "but yeah depending on what you have on hand I'm sure I could make something servicable." He replied smiling his cheeks slightly darker than they had been when they laid down.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Ever since I got other people stocking me up and taking care of the maintenance that selection hasn't been better," she said, a soft chuckle with a slightly sobering quality to it. Leaning forward she finds her feet. Quickly busying her hand with correcting the look of her hair to not look like a crazy lady.

Fixing up her tank top so it was better fitted, and evening out the belt around her waist.

"How has your sister been?" she asks, sounding a little too normal for what feeling and acknowledgements we're just behind the screen.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri propped up on an elbow and watched her get situated straightening herself out. An eyebrow rose slightly but he shook his head as he scooted to the edge of the bed.

"Giandra is....Giandra. she's great at what she does but I always feel like I need to keep one eye on her at all times." He shrugs as he stands, actually taking his tie off rather than straightening it and unbuttoned his shirt a casual two buttons.

"What's the sudden interest in my sister?" He asked unbuttoning his sleeves to roll them part the way up his forearm.

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Just curious how family is doing is all," she says, a casual glance cast back his way and the little play of a smile. "Shall we?" she asks, already pressing the button for the door of her cabin to open to the hall just outside. Taking the opportunity to lead the way out of the room and down toward the galley. Giving her a little space considering the confines to breath a little easier and settle herself back down.

Once in the galley Riss finds herself a seat on one of the nearby stools just opposite the counter that makes up the kitchen space. Leaning her elbows down as anchor points so that she might rest her head in her palms.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri shrugged he paused a moment as Riss walked away watching her a moment before shaking his head a little and taking a long breath centering himself before following.

He entered a few seconds after her "fair enough." He said to her earlier reply looking through things to see what was available before grabbing cooking equipment and starting "how about Bo? He hasn't romanced anymore Sith has he?"

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Not so far as I'm aware of the wiley little bastard," she says with all the harsh affection only an older sister can properly give. "Meiss is still a bit of a mess from.." she gestures vaguely, "well, everything. Finally got her seeking new interests again. You know she's taking up the violin now? Girls really good at it," another older sister tone, but this one more affectionate.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"The violin huh? That's great, always love hearing about new contributions to the arts." He said looking about a little opening a few things before exclaiming in Triumph

"Ah hah! here we go." He said pulling out an apron and tying it around himself "can't risk ruining the dreamsilk with spatter." He posed a little, hands on hips, waist cocked to one side "how do I look? Should I be a model for kitchen magazines?" He joked before getting back to work

"Glad the Lanar clan seems to be doing well, especially Bo. Seems like he has a good heart under all that mess he makes. Not many could get me to like them after almost getting me killed in our first meeting."

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I could," she says with a deviousness that could only come from someone who knew all too well what they said was very true. With a wink she leans down a little more to rest her head just a biiiit more comfortably.

"And yes, I would stop and buy your particular cover of whatever it was you were on so long you were wearing that.. bonus points if that's all you're wearing," she snickers.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"You could probably make friends with someone after you shot them." He paused thinking a moment "honestly I'd be surprised if that hadn't already happened." He said grinning back at her.

He turned toward the food and soon enough the smell of spices and cooking meat filled the area one pot two pans a lot of stirring, he was no chef but he had fended for himself long enough he could make some simpler things that even tasted pretty good.

"You met or talked to any of the other groups on the ship yet? The people you didn't rope into this?" He said with a slight tease

Description|Theme
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I have, it did," she giggles gleefully at that admittance. Taking a moment to settle into the atmosphere of the meal being cooked. Nothing was quite the same as the aroma of a meal underway. One pot and two pans may not have been a chef in his book, but a rather large number of the galaxy would consider that level of juggling right up there with "basic chef skills" and outside of their purview. It was certainly far outside of Riss'.

"I have made some rounds. Recently spoke with the cercenary m captain Bozr Thesk. That man is attractive..." she loses herself in a daydream a moment, yes, the euphoric herb made Riss horny sometimes, "you'd like him."
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

She would hear a chuckling and see a shake of his head as things were stirred and others tossed. There was something about this he was relaxing into as well. Preparing a meal sharing a laugh it was nice.

He didn't respond immediately as she talked about Bozr and back to her as it was she couldn't see his expression "Didn't think you usually went for mercs, a bit rough around the edges most of the time." The comment was neutral "but he must have been charming as well as attractive if you think I'd like him." He said tossing whatever was in the pan a couple more times.

Description|Theme