Layne Hoshin

Siblings [D7, MA]

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She'd taken the speederbike back to her ship after her meeting with Baesal, still unsure about the idea but understanding it made for a good excuse. Then she'd send off a message to Daz to swing by the Sunset Dawn if he could. And then... it was just time to wait.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Re: Siblings [D7, MA]

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:55 am
She'd taken the speederbike back to her ship after her meeting with Baesal, still unsure about the idea but understanding it made for a good excuse. Then she'd send off a message to Daz to swing by the Sunset Dawn if he could. And then... it was just time to wait.
He arrived wearing a soup stained apron and said, "Hey, cousin."
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Hey," she said, looking down at the soup stained apron and wondering if she should comment on it. But then she realized, no, this was probably actually beneficial.

Layne was looking... better. The Darkness and the guilt and all that came with it still clung to her, but she was getting a bit better about things every day. And it had been a few since last they spoke. She gave him a small smile. Bit awkward as she decided how to begin.

"Okay, so... I *wanted* to make a holocron for you. In case something happened to me in the coming days. I wanted you to have a version of me that could, at least explain things I wouldn't have the time to explain. Or, I don't know... help you out somehow. Buuut... turns out they actually take a lot more time to make than we probably have, so..."

She shook her head.

"...anyway. I've been trying to find a hobby. Take some time to just... you know. Have fun, and stuff. Hasn't been easy, but I'm trying. Baesal made a suggestion to, maybe combine the two. Spend some time together."

She motioned for him to follow her into the hangar of the ship, where she'd covered the bike with a tarp.

"I told her I'm not going to claim this as my gift to you like she wanted me to."

Then she pulled the tarp off, to reveal the custom built speederbike Baesal had made for Daz.

"She made this for you. But, she pointed out it's going to need some more tune-up and making it your own and... well, I'm terrible at this sort of stuff, but maybe we can work on it together?"
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Yeah, that looks wizard," he said admiring it. "Not sure I want to go cruising around Hoth on it."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I don't think it's been treated for the temperatures," she said, "You could get those Ortolan fellows to do it. Did it with mine, but... mine's a piece of junk anyway, so it doesn't really care about all the added weight and stuff."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Nah, it's not ready yet, and hopefully when the fighting is done it will be," he said admiring the ride.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"We can hope," she said with a nod, "so... where do we start? Flame decals right? To make it go faster?"
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Yeah and we paint her red, red makes everything faster," he said proudly.

/scene to gear head madness
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Definitely," she said, nodding.

(/thank you!)