Sylvain Torsin

Re: Images of past and future [D6, LA]

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"I find myself to be rather flexible to be honest..." Sylvain replied with a shrug.

"Willing to go with the flow of the Force... Not tied strongly to any bit of philosophy or a specific methodology."

He continued, "I have always been a results oriented individual Layne... often to a fault. So... you ask me how... My answer is, we find a way. We find what they want... and we offer them the best we can give. If they do not accept it... or wish to fight against it. Then we act accordingly."

He shrugged again, "Fortunately... everyone needs something. That is the nature of social interactions... And in these interactions, not everything need be diametrically opposed. Some allowances must be offered anytime we engage with people to accomplish something together. But trust is the foundation whereby individuals must begin... in order to follow through with whatever agreements they make."

He nodded, "I know there are those unworthy of trust... and those who would willfully fight against it... In those instances... strength may be required to remove an obstacle which hinders the greater good."
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

She started laughing, and at first it seemed to be from genuine amusement. Or maybe it was just bewilderement.

"...Offer them what they want? Offer them what they want. An invasion force is laying waste to the galaxy as we speak, and you want to ask people what they want for standing up to them? Do you want to ask the invaders too? Ask them what they want in exchange for not burning our worlds to a crisp, and then give it to them? Billions are probably already dead. Baras took advantage of me and I ended up killing someone because of it and everything that comes with it, but you want me to ask him what he wants and if it's half-way reasonable, give it to him."

She smashed a fist on the table.

"What is wrong with you, Sylvain?"

A hand went up to her face for a moment, and then ran through her hair; her body language that of someone who appeared to be at the end of her rope.

"Haven't I trusted people enough already? How many more times do you want me to trust people only for them to abuse that trust and ruin everything?"
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain simply calmly nodded, "I hate the man more than anyone Layne... Killed my father. Drove my mother to extremist insanity. Manipulated and enslaved my closest friends... But after you kill someone thousands of times in your mind... and you realize that no matter what you do it doesn't get better... It all becomes rather insignificant."

He looked to her, "It doesn't give you what you are seeking... So why follow an unfruitful path?"

He tilted his eyebrows slightly, "If he wishes to put himself in the way... then we will remove him. Out of necessity... not out of some perceived need for vindication. You act in good faith because it is what will give you your peace of mind... Once you learn to live with yourself and the choices you make... then what others do matters less."

He continued, "I do not believe in a completely amoral existence despite my results oriented approach to life... The Light and Dark are of the same source... but they aren't the same. You trust... because it opens you up to that which is uplifting and 'good' in this galaxy. Namely... the light in other beings. The Dark wishes to push you further and further away into yourself... it makes you think of your own needs only."

He finally added, "I don't know what it is you want Layne... I don't have specifics to help you from your internal prisons... But if I were to offer one bit of tepid advice... It would be to realize that there is good out there... And its worth setting your sights on. Absolute moral relativity can only get you so far in life..."

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...I think you're wrong about a lot you're saying. And right about a lot too."

She sighed again.

"...I hate all this lack of clarity. A million and one different opinions every which way, and I can't pick any of them. None of them seem quite right. So... I guess I'll just keep trying to take things day by day. Meditate with Thy even though I keep getting bored with it. Try to refrain from punching you just because you sound all pretentious or whatever. Be angry if I want to be. Draw some more. Stand up for something when it seems like the thing to do..."

There was a long thoughtful pose. A super serious moment of sad quiet reflection passing between two former rivals turned friends, like you see in any number of holofilms...

...only for her to completely change the mood in an instant.

"...wonder how the kriff Jerri Organa was the brother of Darth Baras all this time. I mean, if anything shows you shouldn't take life as seriously as either of us seem to keep doing, it's *that*, right? It's all a big joke."
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“There are some things that defy a serious approach…” He said with a smirk.

“Though… he does seem rather serious about his affection for you.”

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Yeah... I'm just that good, I guess."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“I don’t remember you being that good…” He said with a thumb on his chin as he pantomimed looking off into his ‘memories’.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Well, now I *know* your future visions were just pretend-times. Your act never worked on me, Torsin. God, it was infuriating seeing others fall for it. Not just Kristal and Shaisha, but even Moyr and now Luth? Sometimes your life reads like a Jerri self-insert in one of those novels of his, you know that right?"
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain just smirked.

“I mean… then we have that in common… Seeing that you are very much inserted and the subject of his novels.”

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Some of them," she groaned, "And they're fiction."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“A mirror of the truth within…” He replied.

“Or something like that.”

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Ugh... but anyway... Did you *really* not know about him? Or this sister they both share apparently? I thought you were clued into all of our old master's secrets at one point?"
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“I was aware of his family relations… And a brother who left… But not the alias he maintained.”

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"...Seriously!?" She looked surprised, "You knew? When did you find out?"
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“I have a docket of information on many important Sith… A legacy of my father which I have expanded during my activities.”

He shrugged, “You really think I survived this long out of dumb luck?”

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Well... kind of... yes," she said, "So... what exactly is in this docket of information? About his family, I mean?"
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“Information about many powerful people in the Empire, not just Baras.” He shook his head in consternation.

“I am the facilitator… I get things done. And I know how to lean on people…”

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"I'm not asking you for troop movements or what catering service the empress uses so I can poison her birthday cake, Sylvain." She rolled her eyes.

"I'd just like to know as much as I can about the guy who ruined a big chunk of my life and his brother who ran a blockade because he's fixated on me. Besides, I kept your damn secret, didn't I? Don't talk to me about the importance of trust if you can't even trust me with gossip about our old master's family."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"I'm not withholding anything due to lack of trust... I simply don't know what you'd like to know..." Sylvain shrugged.

"Noble born family... Two brothers and a sister. Darth Ekkage... she was a powerful Force-user who gained some renown during the war with the Republic before the Treaty of Nar Shaddaa. Went MIA... most likely killed or captured by the Jedi. Darth Irrej... traveled with Ekkage to some extent before her capture, went missing 15 years ago... whereabouts previously unknown..."

He tilted his head, "And then there is Baras... Would you like to know his favorite alcoholic beverage? I know names and locations of various operatives within the different ministries... Information about his political connections and a bevy of murders that I'm sure you care very little for... but others within the Empire would be upset to hear about. Nothing that will help you here and now... anymore than you already know."

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"Okay, okay... but... something's still bothering me. When Baras had his outburst he mentioned that Jerri had been banished. I'd like to know why. And Baras also said something about... how Jerri was to leave the family affairs to him. Like he was, upset about him coming to interfere in family affairs now."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"I mean... He was probably exasperated that his brother... came here and now... despite the obstacles... and all it was for was..."

He nodded his head in apology for the phrasing.

"Ummm... his affection for you..."

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"What does that have to do with family affairs though?" She stood up, and threw her hands out. What if..."

Conspiracy mode activated.

"...what if Baras secretly came here for their sister or something? Maybe there's a secret republic prison on this planet or something that only he knows about? I'm just spitballing here."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain just stood silently and listened. There was no real reason to interrupt the Layne-train when it got started.

Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

"What? I can feel the judgement coming through that silence, Torsin. It's plausible at least, isn't it?"
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

"That Baras has some ulterior motive to being here... Yes." He nodded.