Breela Po

"Ald Fu, a History" (Probably fiction | Breela's Epilogue)

Post by Breela Po »

A film crew, several executives, actors, and producers are all seated in a small holotheater inside Castle Organa. The director turns and checks if everyone is ready before giving a little nod. Suddenly the holo vid comes to life.

Cultural/Generic Documentary Theme Music Plays
"Martial Arts on Alderaan is a contentious topic." The narrator says, "Thanks in part to rumors that the gyms are fertile ground for anarchists and rebels. But when given a chance, you'll find that's not quite the case."

He continues as the scene transitions to various practitioners in training. Some of which are imperial cadets.

"Practitioners of the traditional form for instance, take after the edicts of the founder, or the one reputed to be the founder: Jedi Prince Daz Hoshin."

"They embrace a practice of non-violence in keeping with the spirit of unity he outlined once in a planetwide speech. While we no longer have the specifics of what he said, it is rumored to have been both incredibly moving, and awe inspiring. Single handedly putting an end to what might have otherwise become a full fledged civil war."

The scene transitions to a fly over of the Castle Organa Spaceport.

"It is believed that this is the sight of the first gym. Constructed 3,648 years ago during the Festival of Flowers. While little is known about the Jedi Prince, even less is known about the other possible founder."

The scene transitions once more to a shot of the narrator walking with a more familiar individual on the galactic stage. "I had the pleasure of speaking with Senator Bail Organa on this matter who graciously lent us further insight into this enigmatic individual."

"Senator," the Narrator asks, "what can you tell us about the rumored 'true' founder of Alderaanian Martial Arts?"

"Well, we don't know much, but family records indicate that her name was Breela Po, a Cathar Jedi that came to Alderaan around the same time as the Jedi Prince. We know that she was friends with my own ancestors and that she returned to Alderaan after the peace treaty to aid in the reconstruction."
Breela can be seen amidst the rubble of Castle Organa lending a hand with the excavation of the bombed out port. She stops and shields her eyes from the sun as she looks off towards the edge of the site. There she sees her daughter who is three months pregnant, and her son in law both waving cheerfully. Breela grins and waves back before climbing down and joining them.
Organa continues, "We also have the makings of a family history in our records. We know that she had a daughter named Zan'ja, who married an Alderaanian officer. There is also a mention of a son, but the records are sparse on what happens to him after the war. She actually stayed on Alderaan for a good while, training the orphaned children of both Alysele and Niall Organa, as well as my direct ancestor the child of Jerri and Layne Hoshin-Organa."

The scene transitions again to generic shots of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

"This was a vital clue," The narrator said in voice-over, "and to get a clearer picture of Breela I would need to travel off world. Unfortunately the records pertaining to past Jedi are now sealed, but I did find a mention of her in relation to another Jedi of the time: Luth Khalan."

The holo shows a temperate planet with an abandoned temple. The narrator can be seen talking with a Guardian of the Whills.

"I've recently learned that in the latter half of her life, the Jedi Breela Po came to this planet with Jedi Luth Khalan. Can you tell us more?"

The guardian nods, "That is correct. In the aftermath of the devastating conflict between the so-called 'known galaxy' and the Eternal Empire of Zakuul. The Republic actually fractured. This created a power vacuum that was being rapidly filled by pirates, raiders, and petty warlords. Our colony was no exception."

"I see," The narrator nods, "We know that many Jedi over time began taking initiative themselves. Giving rise to a phenomenon known as 'Jedi Lords', who for all intents and purposes would take up feudal positions of power in otherwise anarchical colonies."

"That is correct," the monk nods, "And it is believed that Breela and Luth were among the first, in fact, to do so."

"I see," the narrator nods, "are there any details that you know of, to lend a light on their life here? Any relics or pictures from the time?"

He shakes his head, "Sadly no. Many of our records were confiscated after the crackdown, and those that weren't were lost over the years. All we have is word of mouth, stories, and lore, as well as a general idea of when they died."
Breela can be seen gripping a hat as a shuttle flies over the field she's working. Her and Luth exchange a quick glance before running off to the village. They pass by Zan'ja who is teaching a bunch of villagers self-defense. The three have a brief exchange before continuing towards a landing pad. There Luth, and Breela's son(s) can be seen supervising the off-loading of supplies and goods.
The guardian continues, "Except for the odd raid our records indicate that the colony prospered for several generations. The two governed in concert until their children, and their children's children, took over. Eventually being reconstituted back into the greater Republic."

The scene transitions once again to Alderaan where the narrator can be seen with Panteer Castle in the background.

"Was Breela Po the founder? Some are skeptical. Let's talk to-"

(Later that evening on a Castle Organa Balcony.)

"That's a wrap!" The producer congratulated the narrator to the cadence of popping champagne corks and pouring liquid. "Fine work, we'll have it sent off and ready for broadcast in a month!"

"Thank goodness it's over!" The narrator grabs two drinks and hands one over to the producer. "Here's to another feature, may it get past the imperial censure."

"Don't you worry about that. I know a trick or two," the producer winked, "besides we get paid regardless. Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

The two clink glasses then sip gingerly looking out at the Alderaanian horizon.

"What a beautiful world!" The producer remarks.

That's when it happened, an eerie hush settled across the landscape. Slowly, and strangely everyone stopped celebrating amidst the looming apprehension. Searching faces revealed that none possessed even a single iota of comprehension, it was beyond them all. Then suddenly and inexplicably the horizon darkened as a shadow passed between the planet and the star.

"What the Sith?" Someone asks nervously, "I wasn't aware we were do for an eclipse?!"

All looked up strangely as a distant green light formed in the amber evening sky.
I think you know the rest of the story...

'Dust in the Wind' by Khaji Po
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.