Galen Panteer

The Final Game (Epilogue)

Post by Galen Panteer »

Year of 3640, The Spring Palace, Alderaan

Everything shook. She could hear yelling, and blaster fire, and explosions. She'd heard it before, years ago. The little girl was doing what she had done then, what she had been taught to do. There weren't many places to hide, not in the rooms they were told to stay in. But, she'd found a place.

The blaster fire was louder. There was a loud crash and and more yelling, followed by crying, then silence, how footsteps. They were soft, but they were coming closer. She looked away as her hiding place was exposed, hugging her brother tight and shielding him protectively.

"Azaria. It's alright. I'm here. I found you."

"Daddy...?"

Galen picked both of his children up in a tearful hug. They had grown so much, but they weighed nothing in this moment. He carried them back to their mother, kissing Jameela as she joined the embrace. The four of them enjoyed the moment as the rest of the family gathered around them.

"Alright, you have to go." he said reluctantly, kissing Collen and handing him over to his wife. "Bouris has transport waiting to get you away."

"What? What about you?" she protested.

"They'll come looking for you soon." he kissed her again. "They'll find me."

"Galen, you can't!"

"I have to. You'll need every moment I can buy you. Go!"

As she was pulled away, he set his daughter down.

"Daddy, what's wrong? Where are you going?"

"I'll always be with you sweetheart." he kissed her forehead. "When you need me, you'll know I'm there."

He handed her a small glowing cube. "Keep this safe. You'll understand in time. And, there's a friend waiting for you, Ayzie." He pushed her away, into the safety of her grandmother's hands.

"I love you all. Now, go!"

- - -

He had given his rifles to his brothers. He held only his lightsaber. It was all he needed. The Zakuul arrived as quickly as he'd feared, opening fire on him as soon as they breached the door. The blades of his golden yellow lightsaber reflected the blasts with little difficulty. He'd been fighting for three years to get here. He'd learned a lot. The Force was with him.

Even so, he felt a wave of dread as someone else entered the room. He pushed the fear aside, studying the man and his armor. Galen had felt power like this before. Was this one of them? Was this Vaylin's brother?

"This is futile Jedi. The Royal family will be recaptured quickly."

"I'm no Jedi. And, I doubt anything will stop them." he shook his head and smiled as the howl of a kath hound echoed through the palace. "I gave them Hope."

The man seemed annoyed, but unimpressed. He drew a lightsaber of his own, as the two began to circle one another. "Then what are you?"

"Galen Panteer, Prince Consort and Paladin of Alderaan." he replied, maneuvering himself between the man and the exit. "I'm a hunter. This is a trap."

A new bombardment began as their blades clashed. Galen knew it would be difficult to win here. Even if the palace fell on top of them, it might not be enough to stop someone with so much power. But, he could feel it. His family was already out of reach. They were safe.

He'd already won.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks