Katarzyna Panteer

Another Hero [Katarzyna Epilogue]

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

The hangar of the Sunspear was tense with emotions from all the people gathered there, and even the capital ship's large hangar could not room all those who had come to listen to the generals and leaders of the second battle of Alderaan against the Eternal Empire. Holocam-droids buzzed above the crowd, capturing the moments for the holonet, but most importantly to the other ships of the allied forces. From the side of the podium, crown-princess Katarzyna Panteer stole a look at those gathered - who would have thought that she'd see Sith coming to fight for Alderaan, along with Mandalorians, smugglers, Republic special forces... truly, it was a strange sight to behold, but also one that held hope.

"How are you feeling?" Crown-prince Gaul asked his wife, their daughter Vishani standing by his side and holding his hand. Ever since Yulastranza Ulgo had saved the two of them, Vishani had been inseparable from her parents, especially Gaul.

Kat sighed deeply and avoiding answering the question right away as she focused down on the child in her arms. The baby boy Fariss was less than a year old, and like his sister, she felt a deep sense of hope for the future when she looked at him. "I'm fine. Just nervous about the speech," she deflected. The past years of war had been difficult for them all. Bearing a child and leading war efforts would tear at anyone, not even to account for the personal losses suffered. Though the times had seen bonds of friendship forged in the fires of war... but some she had considered friends had fallen away when the time came to share the burdens together. She was certain her uncle Bouris had said some words about the truth of friendship in such times, but the exact words eluded her in this moment. "I was never much of a public speaker."

"Nonsense," he scoffed and pulled the family close in a wide but warm embrace. "More people listen to you than you realize, Kat. To many of these, you're a hero. And to me you're the most amazing one here."

The family stood there for a while, embracing eachother in silence, until an officer approached to let Kat know it was time for her speech. A sense of reluctance came over her as she passed the child over to Gaul... or no. It was not reluctance. There was a sense in the Force. Grandmaster Resmi, watch over them while I am away, she thought, feeling that they approached a moment in the flow of the Force where everything would be changed, and sensing the future became harder. It had felt like that too when Durasay had passed...

She gave Gaul a brave smile and walked up to the podium, hearing the stir through the crowd in excitement and curiosity. Perhaps even some derision from others.

"Members of the Eternal Alliance," she said, speaking into the microphone on the stand, "years ago, I fought on Alderaan against the Sith Empire. Had you told me then that I would one day fight side-by-side with the Sith to liberate my homeworld again, I would not have believed you. And yet, time and time again since Zakuul sought to destroy our homes and our daily lives, we have proven that the impossible can happen. And that together, we defy the impossible. Many of you will remember I was there at the battle of Korriban, assisting in liberating the ancient world of the Sith from the hold of Zakuul. I was there, on Balmorra too, and many other worlds." Kat paused, letting her words sink in for a second. "You know I am someone who will continue to stand against Zakuul, no matter if it is Republic or Imperial. My words are not just hot air or empty words."

There were some cheers and shouts of approval from the crowd. It gave Kat the chance to look out once more, to look for familiar faces. There were many she knew and recognized, both good friends and allies as well as passing acquaintances. But no matter how many times she looked her, or had looked anywhere in the past, she did not see her pink-haired friend. Every time she hoped to see her, and every time it hurt to have that hope dashed. I am willing to fight for you and yours... why can't you even do the same for me?

"Hope..." her voice faltered slightly for a moment, "hope is a fragile thing. We hope for victory, for safety, for the survival of our loved ones and ourselves. But those of us who are here today, we know that hope is something that must be fought for. Defended. You, you who are here today are keeping hope alive in the galaxy. And together, we'll continue to bring it to the corners of the galaxy." Kat raised her fist triumphantly. "United, we will win. May the Force be with you!"

Both princes of Zakuul had taken to the battlefield, Kat was informed over the commlink as she continued her approach towards the Spring Palace. Her uncle was leading the overall offensive, and she felt Galen in the Force with him, shining bright like a torch as he drew closer to the wing of the palace where the intel had informed them that the queen and royal family was held. It would be too much for them all to face them both at once, as they had already taken down large parts of the allied forces on their own.

"Commander Ulgo," she spoke over the comms, keeping with the formality even as she spoke to her uncle. "Proceed with the operation, I will draw the princes' attention away from you."

At first, there was no response from the old man. Little did she know that her uncle was hearing again the voices of her parents as they volunteered for the mission that would end in their deaths. "Understood. May the Force be with you, Crown Princess." The words were spoken curtly, but Kat understood the feelings behind them. The unspoken words of familial love and respect. Before she was a crown princess or even a jedi, she was an Ulgo - and the burden of being a hero was in her blood.

Guiding her thranta in a different direction, Kat headed straight towards the shuttles of the Zakuulian princes.

When the battle had settled and the allied forces swept the area for survivors, there was no sign of prince Arcann. However, they found prince Thexan captured by Crown-princess Katarzyna, who seemed to have shielded him with her own body from falling debris from the palace roof, trapping both of them underneath. Prince Thexan survived, but the crown-princess' breathed her last as the allied forces arrived on scene, having held on just long enough to ensure that her captive would be taken into custody.

Crown-princess Katarzyna Panteer was buried with all honors along with the other heroes of the battle, hailed as a saviour and protector of Alderaan. And some say her spirit still watch over the royal family, especially her two children.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."