Durasay Mixo

Colossus (Zakuul War Fiction)

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Three Years From Now...

Blaster fire singed the air around the bunker. A mixture of troops from the Republic Army, and even some mercenaries and small numbers mixed from the Sith, huddled in the trench. Standing tall, a metal hand covered in synthflesh gripped a set of macrobinoculars, Durasay looking through them.

With the threat of invasion, he found himself once again embroiled in war. And the war had come to Pantora. Three years, it had been waging, with the Republic and Empire both giving as well as they got. But every victory seemed distant, and the Eternal Empire razed worlds throughout the core, and moving outwards. With so many fronts, no world could get the resources needed for a dedicated assault. Even as the fleet had first rallied at Boz Pity, it was alwas an uphill battle. But Durasay had signed up again. He wasn't going to sit idly bye, not when he had so much to protect..

Before... just after the events of Hoth

"Honey!" Tears were in his eyes as he embraced Verash upon seeing her. She was safe, the children were safe. They had joined the fleet at Boz Pity, after Durasay had told them where he'd be.

"I know I just came back..." he whispered to her, as the twins clutched at their legs.

"... I know..." She always knew, it seemed. He nodded, explaining that he would be putting in for his old commission. That he'd be keeping them safe..

The Now...

He had risen from Captain to Major, and now, a brevet Colonel in the Republic Army. He was needed on the lines, to lead a regiment of regulars, and the support of the independents. The attachment of the Sith troops, from something called INCITE, had come recently. A Mandalorian Major had been instrumental in the command tent.

"Colonel Mixo..." the helmeted voice spoke up as he approached. Durasay turned, looking at the Mando. "Major Rook..." he nodded. "They've got heavy armor rolling up this way."

The Mandalorian peeked over, his viewfinder coming down over the lens of his helmet. "And tons of clankers... looks like a knight's leading them." Rook replied, as his Duro compatriot delivered some datatapes. "I don't know if we can hold them off at this point."

Durasay looked behind them. Capital City had been suffering yet another siege. The whole planet crippled from the latest offensive. "We have to. The brass is planning to punch through when the fleet arrives. We must hold the line here." He paced, setting the binoculars down on the command table. He had already sacrificed so much, and now that Pantora was under threat again, he couldn't sacrifice anything else.

Verash... kids... I know you're safe. I feel it... The Force is With You He closed his eyes as the artifical hand gripped instinctively at the hilt of his lightsaber.

"So what's the plan, Colonel?" The Mandalorian spoke up. The rest of the command staff gathered around. Morale was low. They needed to hold off the onslaught, but they wondered if it would matter, in the end.

"Your ship still has some missiles, yeah?" Yellow-Amber eyes focused on the Mando. "We have to break that armored division, and you've got the best shot at it. Take the few air speeders we have left. Hit them with everything you've got."

The Major nodded, as did his Duros first mate. "While you're doing that. We're going over the top. That column of droids will be crossing that bridge soon. I'll take the troopers, and face them head on." He clenched his jaw. "I'll be leading from the front. If I can get to that knight... maybe we can break their command morale." The Pantoran steeled himself. "Let's address the troops. Task Force INCITE.... it's been an honor having you here."

Minutes Pass...

Durasay held the commlink up. "This might be the most dangerous mission we've undertaken. But the line has to be drawn here. This far, and no farther. We're all that stands between the enemy, and our homes, our friends, our loved ones. From our world falling into the hands of the Zakuul Empire. I don't know about you, but I don't take kindly to invaders trying to boss me around. I swore I would never kneel gain, and I plan on keeping that promise." He licked his lips, and watched as the air speeders and the gunship known as the Chromium Viper took off. They began their maneuvers to head around the advancing column.

"Regiment... it has been an honor serving with you. Let's show them what the Marauders can do." He set the commlink down, before a seregent called back.

'"Mixo's Marauders!" And the troops all gave a hearty Hooah!

Durasay nodded, and climbed over the trench, igniting his lightsaber. The yellow blade with that sickening cloud that followed ever swing seemed to howl as he moved. Following him, the troops clambered over, firing their blasters as they advanced, moving from debris to debris, hiding behind anti-vehicle traps and obstacles as they advanced.

All except for Durasay. He moved forward with direct purpose. Explosions began behind the advancing column, the speeders and gunship engaging with the armored division. As he focused, Durasay found himself beginning to jog, then run, as the enemy drew closer.

His opposite, that Zakuul Knight, seemed to be eagerly doing the same, their blade ignited and eager for violence. Durasay roared as he drew close enough, adjusting his stance for the Falling Avalanche, before tossing the saber at the Knight. The throw connected with the enemy, before returning to his hand. The blow strong enough to crack off a pauldron from his foe's armor.

The two juggernauts slammed into each other, as their blades clashed. Blaster fire danced around them, yet avoided them easily. The pair seemingly locked in some kind of fated duel. Durasay's training in his armor was now aided by his lessons from Kat...

Katarzyna... Where ever you are, The Force is with you...

Parries aided as the two swordsbeings clashed on the big bridge, their blades hissing with every strike. Every so often, they would connect with each other, breaking through defenses.

Yet the tide of battle turned. The Republic Forces charged past, the two still locked in battle, yet the Marauders were bolstered by the example of their Colonel.

Lightsabers finally broke through. Durasay looked at the Knight, the foe's cracked helmet showing the being behind it. A wide eyed expression as the Falleen woman now exposed from the mask looked at him. A trail of green-blue blood from her mouth as she collapsed. She stepped back slowly, before dropping to the ground.

Durasay was breathing heavily. Sweat drenched through his bodysuit beneath the armor. There were cheers as the linebhad held!

Yet the sound seemed to fade. Everything was growing quiet. Removing his own helmet, as the troops gathered round. He couldn't hear them. His left hand moved to his side. Some of his armor had been broken. The damage sending cortosis and laminate plating into his side.

He could feel the blood leaving his body. Every step sent more gushing forth. He was bleeding out, but the half cape his armor bore seemed to hide it from the eyes of his troops. He knew what was happening... Durasay knew he was bleeding out, and it was too late to stop it.

He did hear something, how the air speeders and the Viper had taken heavy fire, before the gunship has sent itself into the heart of the heavy armor division. Detonating it's hyperdrive to stop the advance.

This is the end... Durasay could see Verash's face. He could picture Lucrezia. Cesare. They were safe.

And he smiled. He could feel the flow of life, the harmony of the galaxy through his very core. He was at peace.

"It has been an honor..." it was recorded those were his last words, before the man who had been a Smuggler... a one time Sith Apprentice... a Senator.... a Husband and Father...

Durasay Mixo closed his eyes, and he disappeared in the midst of his troops, his lightsaber and armor dropping to the ground.

Republic Command in the Mid Rim, Polis Massa

Lucrezia and Cesare were sitting in their room, Verash was organizing logistics from this position. It was a secure point in the Galaxy.

Cesare was playing a game, while Lucrezia drew in a Datapad. The two children stopped, looking up, when they heard something on the wind...

I am one with the Force... and the Force will be with you. Always.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."