Galen Panteer

A Most Dangerous Game

Post by Galen Panteer »

He sat in the darkness, waiting.

He could hear her prowling closer. It wouldn't be long now.

He wasn't well hidden. She would discover him soon. That was inevitable.

There was no choice. She was very close now, running would not be an option.

He shifted his weight and prepared to pounce. He might still take her by surprise.

Leaving his hiding place he lunged for her. In that moment, however, she turned to face him.

They both roared!

"Daaaaaaaadddddddyyyyyyyyyyy........!!!!!" Azaria squealed with laughter as they rolled across the floor. Once they stopped, she leapt on top of him. "Found you!"

"Yes you did, sweetheart. Good job!" Galen smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Can we do it again?"

"Maybe. We should check on your brother first." He rose to his feet and picked her up.

"But, I want you to find me."

"I will. I will find you whenever you need me to, wherever you are. I promise." He lifted her up onto his shoulders. "That's what father's do."

That's what they should do.

Entering the next room, they found Jameela and little Collin napping, having slept through the triumph of the hunt next door.

"Mommy!"

"Shhh... Azaria, let them sleep." he said softly.

The toddler covered her mouth and whispered,, "Sorry."

They stood there for a few more moments watching the sleeping pair. Not for the first time, Galen marveled at what his life had become. His most wistful of dreams had never been like this. With a lingering glance at his wife and son, he and his daughter retreated to their "hunting grounds". In the main room of their quarters, Galen set his child down and knelt in front of her.

"Azaria, I'm going to be away for a while."

"Why?"

"I have to go somewhere far away."

"Why?"

"Aunt Katya and I need to go help some people."

"Why?"

"Bad people did bad things."

The girl nodded.

"Padalin stuff."

"That's right." he laughed, tousling her hair. He smiled broadly to hide his concerns. It should be safe enough, but he'd never been away this long. And, the Force...

"I'll miss you daddy!" She suddenly hugged him and squeezed as tight as she could.

"I'll miss you too." He enveloped her in his arms, reluctant to let go. "But, I'm not leaving yet."

"Go hide." he said, once she finally let go. "Find a good spot."

He watched as she ran off.

"I'll come find you. Always."
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks