Dapper Dog

Play in Three Acts

Post by Dapper Dog »

Play in Three Acts

The Throne Room

The throne stood empty, it had remained empty for nearly a decade, but the guards still took their post, the knights never waivered in their dedication to the Throne, even in their master’s absence. Far below the masses of their world lived in luxury in a near perfect society built on the dictums and commands of their now absent father, only the silent throne to remind them of what is expected of them.

They turned to look at each other, no words needed to be exchanged, they knew his will. They knew his plan and designs. They had seen the images from beyond their borders, the disorder, the chaos, and the barbarous masses that propped up broken regimes. The savages would need to be pacified; only then would they live up their father’s legacy.

The throne stood empty.

Only one could ascend, only one.

Den of Pleasures

“Are you going to mope around all day, Cap’n my Cap’n,” she purred while sipping the cheap brandy on tap.

“I assure you madame, and I use the term loosely, I am not moping, simply considering our rather tenuous position if our allies decide to withdraw their aid,” he said tersely his deep blue cheeks tinged darker with annoyance, or at least that he is what he said to himself that it was annoyance.

“You worry too much, Cap’n, we play our part, and we get easy spoils… slaves, whatever we desire. Then when things get hairy we find a new rock to bleed dry. Rinse and repeat, love, rinse and repeat,” she said with a wide smile.

“Or they leave us high and dry with the Republic and Empire ready to string us up by our necks,” he responded.

“See you are moping again, the old and fun Cap’n used to enjoy this work but then you had to let that she-temptress into your heart or bed or ship… whatever and now you are all… this,” she said with a wave of her hand. She said with a devious grin, “I told you, she was trouble… trouble knows trouble, Cap’n.”

“I assure you, I am fine,” the man replied. “Now if you will excuse me, I need to tend to our defenses for when our newfound guests arrive.” He didn’t wait for her retort; he knew it would be venomous and spiteful. Perhaps she was right, she was trouble, but she was the kind of trouble he would welcome even against his better judgment.

Maybe this would even impress her enough to return… not that he cared if she did.

Depths of Hyperspace

All things bow before the Dragon, words her father was fond of saying when he deigned to say anything at all. Father didn’t say much of anything anymore, and in a way, she preferred his silence. Better than the disdainful looks of disappointment, but at least he had been there. Unlike Mother. Mother just allowed things to happen and then when she proved herself weak, she vanished.

Some think father had something to do with it. Idiots. Why would a Dragon concern itself with the whims and weakness of a weak willed servant.

It made her sick to consider just what Father saw in Mother, what had made the Dragon lay with a sheep… it made her feel even sicker to know that some part of that weakness could have been passed onto her.

Her brothers would do all they could to satisfy Father, to gain his approval, this task was hers alone. Find the weakness that spawned her, and end it.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist