Ortolan run power station and colony.
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 3 - LA] There Can Only be Ortolan

Post by Dapper Dog »

The pirates want some payback and they train their weapons and get what they are owed, kind of. The flames are put out by the Jedi and the Blizzard.

OOC: Triumph to Critical Injury and deal 12 wounds. Despair for the player/players.

Pirates vs. Kat: 2eP+1eA+1eC+2eS 3 successes, 1 Triumph, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pirates vs. Kat: 1d100 32 - Stunned
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan watches the fiery destruction of the shuttle with a tear in her eye. "Wonderful shot Pipka, simply wonderful, you know, you're my favourite."
She shoots them a very vigorous thumbs up even as her other hand lifts her rifle to headshot that pesky rocket spewing pirate.

Day 3 LA, There can only be Ortolan round 2, shooting the Pirate flamer, true aim, weather is not effecting this round, long range, adversary 1, GM destiny flip.: 7eP+1eA+3eB+2eC 8 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Day 3 LA, There can only be Ortolan, round 3, activating crit (1 advantage) then spending 4 advantage on pumping it, base +60: 1d100+100 108

((18 damage, Horrific injury crit on the guy if he's still up))
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The pirate was only two days from pirate retirement, his poor spouse Dimo will cry alone tonight. This is what it sounds like when pirate doves cry.

Good night sweet scoundrel.

OOC: Flamer is gone.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The pirates are not making much progress... and decide to retreat into the blizzard and scatter into the storm.

The three ortolans before them are unharmed, miraculously enough.

OOC: Pirates are retreating unless you wish to chase and murder them down.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

A flurry of her lightsaber reflected most of the bolts, her armor absorbed the rest, except a stray one that actually made her take a slight step back. The hit that normally would've staggered any other normal person did nothing.

As Kat saw them flee, she made no movements to pursue them. "They have learned their lesson today. Let them go," she spoke over the comms and started to look for Omandri.

-----

Soak 5 brings the damage to 7. Reflect reduces the damage by another 5. 2 Wounds suffered.
Activating Endure, committing second Force as an Incidental to ignore the Critical Injury as long as the die remains committed.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"What an odd day."
Jan lowers her rifle, determined that tonight, she would play N'Zzi for the miss. Humming to herself, she strolls through the snow towards the others, shooting a cheery wave to the Ortolans as she passes.
"You know, I'm beginning to suspect that Omandri isn't just a doctor, how curious. Or, perhaps he's just a very very good doctor."
As Jan passes the corpse of the flamer Jan sighs, even that had been at best an average shot.
"I must be getting old."
She reaches out a heel and kicks the pirate's weapon towards Pipka.
"To the victor the spoils, dear. I was just glad to be here for the show."

((Jan isn't worried about chasing off any pirates and is happy to pass any weapons))
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka pumps his fist in the air while the pirates retreat. He calls out to Jan through the blizzard, "Nice shot!" as he takes flight with his repulsors over to where Omandri fell in.

Looking down to see the man down below and conscious, he descends, "Are you alright? Can you hold onto me while we fly out, or do you need to be harnessed up?" Pipka asks while reaching into his pack for his climbing gear.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri landed roughly and looked around seeing he was in some sort of access tunnel. Since he feel he heard a number of Blaster fire discharges explosions and rockets flying through the air.

As the little Chadra-fan came down he nodded "I should be good to hold on."
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Oh good, you're alright." This had gone surprisingly well.

Knowing that their team was safe now, Kat approached the Ortolans. "I'm sorry for the mess... are any of your people hurt?"
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Pipka gently, but firmly hugs Omandri and flies him out of the pit, depositing him next to Princess Panteer (who was not a talking, flying dinosaur Jan).

He looks around a moment for Gibzy Wizy Tik before going to investigate these guns Jan had kicked over from the flamer pirate.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"Remind me to book in some acupuncture next time we meet, dear doctor."
Jan winks at the newly deposited Omandri, completely taken in stride that Pipka could fly. Sometimes, they fly now.

"I guess he can still technically call himself Immortal if he was only just poked into unconsciousness rather than blasted to pieces."
She sighs dramatically and feigns sympathy for herself before head over to nod at the Ortolans as Katarzyna assures them. After all, it was important the Ortolans saw her here...helping.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He nodded in gratitude "thanks for the lift." He surveyed the scene a good amount of destruction, they had done a decent amount of damage to the facility trying to protect it.

He nodded to Jan "I know many different techniques of muscle relaxation and aura detoxification." He perhaps missed her joking tone distracted as he was.

He then went to where he had downed the Immortal and looked to secure the pirate leader as a prisoner.
Last edited by Omandri Rist on Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The Immortal is nowhere to be seen.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He sighed deeply rubbing the bridge of his nose "I suppose it couldn't be that easy." He said in a resigned tone.

"Don't suppose any of you saw where "the Immortal" got off to?" He asked looking at the others.

Description|Theme
Katarzyna Panteer

"Maybe he ran away...?" Kat hadn't seen him, but he might've made his escape when the flames had blocked her line of sight. Things had been pretty chaotic for a hot moment there.

She looked to the Ortolans to see what the situation were with them for now.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The ortolans are thankful for the rescue and check on their mates inside the main structure and thankful that no one is hurt. They welcome the group as big damn heroes and tell them they love the Sith Empire and they should have some food and booze for their trouble.
Katarzyna Panteer

Kat tried to clarify that they were not from the Empire and that some of them were from the Republic, who were working jointly with the Empire at the moment... though she also didn't push too hard on the subject, granted that she didn't want to confuse the Ortolans too much over it.

Because it was weird.

But they could partake in some of the food and drink offered at least. It would be terribly rude to refuse.