Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Breela Po

Re: (D4-LM) Recce on Ice (Expecting)

Post by Breela Po »

[Okay,] Breela mouths, [let's bolt, lean your weight forward and high step leading with the balls of your feet.] She emerges and does exactly that, heading back towards the Rabbit as a rally point.

Hustlin' (Athletics check with setback): 2eP+2eA+2eF+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Advantage to boost Nudi's roll.)
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

It was not as graceful as he normally could be, but it would do. He did what he was taught, kept his head low, follow the premade tracks from the guard, and keep a sharp eye out for any trouble. Breela moved thru the snow like a cat. Was not surprising to see in the least.

~~
Carefully Go Thru The Snow (Coordination): 2eP+3eA+1eB+1eS+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Advantages spent to throw off the trail of our movement a little.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I think I saw somethin' this way," he hears some pirates heading off in a different direction through the storm.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Once at a good rally point. [Kriff sake! That was a pain.] She'll look at Nudi. [Let's wait a bit to take another stab at the camp. For now I want to do a more thorough job of scoping out the road between the mine and the camp. Maybe we can find a good ambush position, or a bottleneck for a possible distraction team. After the heat dies down we can take another stab at the camp itself.]
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"[They're your credits, Breela.]" He nods and looks around to make sure that they were gone. Weren't going anywhere for awhile, at least. "[But it sounds like a good idea. No use going in there for right now; only a fool would go in there unprepared.]" His eyes stared into the snowy abyss, watching the heat go off the two figures as they fade off into the snowy background.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

[You... did say cost only right?] She mouths. She felt a little hurt having to ask.

(They'll take the route back and around to find a good point on the road between the camp and the mine. Looking for bottlenecks, pitfalls, anything that might serve either as an ambition point for work groups going to and from the mines, or a location to mount a defensive stand with a small group.)

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He nods and follows her around.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

(Whatdya see Starbuck?)

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

It's hard to see much of anything in this storm.

OOC: Perception check at Hard with three setbacks for the weather.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela's mark 1 eyeballs simply weren't cutting it. She did stay quiet and let Nudimsu think. Not like she had much to say to him at this point anyways.

"Nothin' but the snow", "Aint no sunshine when Jubb's gone": 2eP+3eD+3eS 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Boost to Nudi?)

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

It took his eyes a moment to really glance into the snow, giving his eyes time to adjust. If Breela had hired a species who had to survive looking thru this sort of weather, then it would have been for nothing. Fortunately for Breela, she did.

"[I can make some stuff out.]" He continued to glare at the scene, trying to find what she was hoping for.

~~
Chissy STAAAAAAAAARRRREEE! (Perception): 1eP+2eA+1eB+2eS+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Nudimsu got a decent idea of the layout of the camp, it was large with a work area focused around the mines, a living area, and a compound for the guards that was all gated off and in the shadow of the Big House, the palace of the White Maw.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu spent the time to share what he had managed to make up. Not the most ideal of descriptions, but enough to get the proper layout of the area. His eyes focused on what he could and where to likely setup the ops location to cease the alarms.

The palace in view did not bring him any comfort. If they were to have any chance of success, it must not be alerted. Silent ops was the smart way to go for the whole thing, but there was no one he knew who could keep pace with him.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

[This is a pain.] She mouths having gotten used to this manner of speaking. [Alright... let's try this again tomorrow morning. In the meantime I'd like to pass Jubbs one of these devices. How long can you hang around? And can I buy one off of you?]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"[They're usually about 75 to 100 credits, depending. They'd only work at a maximum of only a few clicks, so they're only useful if you're in the same area. As for time, I can probably be fine until midday. I can't stay out here forever; not in this weather, not with those guards. Suit's only going to keep me warm for so long.]"

He paused. "[If you want to go into town and buy some, maybe they'll have these models. Couldn't tell you. Probably should have snuck one on him before he infiltrated, but that's fine. You're Jedi, you tend to rely on reading minds and such; doubt it crossed your mind at the time. Just make sure to consult me next time you try to do an infiltration; I'm kinda good at it and you're paying me for that reason.]"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudimsu wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:40 am
"[They're usually about 75 to 100 credits, depending. They'd only work at a maximum of only a few clicks, so they're only useful if you're in the same area. As for time, I can probably be fine until midday. I can't stay out here forever; not in this weather, not with those guards. Suit's only going to keep me warm for so long.]"

He paused. "[If you want to go into town and buy some, maybe they'll have these models. Couldn't tell you. Probably should have snuck one on him before he infiltrated, but that's fine. You're Jedi, you tend to rely on reading minds and such; doubt it crossed your mind at the time. Just make sure to consult me next time you try to do an infiltration; I'm kinda good at it and you're paying me for that reason.]"
[I pay you because you're a tight ass. I turn to you because I consider you a friend. I trust you, even though you keep things from me.] She sighs. [I'll just buy one off of you. You can add it to my growing tab.]

She looks over at a nice outcrop with a view. It could possibly provide them cover while they wait and watch for Jubbs. [Let's hang out over there for a bit. I want to pass this to him and get a sitrep.]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Considered me a friend? "[I'm not sure what the physical physique of my buttocks has to do with my competence, but thank you.]" Was she trying to come onto him or was there another meaning to the term he was unaware of? Something to ask later. "[I don't tell lots of things to lots of people, But just so long as I get it back, consider it part of the package.]"

He followed along with her on the path, squeezing his cheeks together a few times inside the armor. They felt rather firm, but not very tight. Had to have another meaning.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She snickered then bit her lip, [It's... nevermind.] She shook her head. After a bit of waiting she'll shoot the moon and ask, [So you and Lana, what's the story?]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He looked over at him and nodded, keeping the same pace. "[Hired me to keep her and protect Songbird without me realizing who she is or what that entailed. She's hired me several times since we met in Alderaan over the past few years, including to help her with the Dread Masters. Not much to tell beyond that, really;. we consider her a honorary member of the crew.]"

Took more steps and kept going along.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She scoffs, [Sure your not a spy for the Sith and she's your handler?] She rolled her eyes, [Not that I actually care anymore. Maybe I would have three weeks ago, but not anymore.]

They arrive at the outcrop, and it does indeed have a good view of the mine's entrance. How much cover it provides? Breela's not the best judge. They can sit and relax for a bit observing. They might get lucky and see Jubbs.

[I've... come to question my prejudices when it comes to the Sith. Maybe one day I can even forgive them. It'll be a hard road but, who knows.] She thinks back to Alderaan and smiles, [If that's the case you should ask her out. She's hot. Remember that bikini she was wearing?]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He stood there looking at her. "[I left the Ascendency because I did not agree with my people working the Sith Empire. It would be a rather strange turn of events if I suddenly joined the Sith Empire after being exiled from my people. Given your circumstances, it can be hard past what was done to you.]

With that, he stopped again. his head. "[Yes, Lana was attractive in that bikini. I also found Layne attractive in her bathing suit. I found Darth Bellious attractive for a moment too. Are you going suggeting I should ask everyone I recieve a momentary physiological response from on a date?]"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She tilts her head curiously, [Is Layne more your type?] She asks surprised, [I could ask her if she's interested. My advice: Be an asshole to her, I think it'd piss her off enough that she ends up respecting you.]

She laughs quietly. 'He's already an asshole, he'd just have to be himself, hahahah!'

[It's a shame you don't like Lana. I was kinda thinking you two would make a cute couple. You both have... a sense of quiet dignity about you. A hot aloofness if you will.]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He stared for a very long moment at her line of questioning. Was this her just fishing or did she know something..."[Yes, she's rather intelligent and less emotional than some other human; I recognize and respect that. I will certainly keep your advice in mind should I wish to to pursue a relationship with my employer if and when we get off this planet and will let her know you highly approve of our pairing to improve the chance of success.]

He looked around for anything to change the subject. ["Where did you establish where you would me Jub'lub to make a equipment trade off?]

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

[Uh- umm... well I don't think that would. That's not really how things are usually done between humans in my experience. Generally they prefer spontaneity and kindness. Kudos if you're both confident and nervous.]

'But then she is SIth... maybe she likes arrangements and groveling.' She thinks some more, 'Or BDSM. With Nudi? Ehhh, I'd whip that. Definitely gag him first so he doesn't over analyze my whipping technique.'

[Besides I doubt she knows me from a hole in the wall. And she's one of the few well known Sith that isn't on my hit list.]
Nudimsu wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:12 am
["Where did you establish where you would me Jub'lub to make a equipment trade off?]
[Huh?] She asks, [Oh well so far I've been camping out close to this trail and reaching out through the force. As far as the hand off I was just going to wing it. Tell him to be ready to catch it and then force leap over the train while throwing it to him.]

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

There is a long sigh as he looks her down. His sarcasm obviously did not land, again. He needed more practice, it seems. However, he did manage to throw her off the trail for a little while; it did make him wonder if this was just seeing them together that day helping him out or did someone talk....worth investigating lat--did he suggest throwing my gear up in the air off a speeding train?

He stops moving for a few seconds and thru his visor his eyes widen at the suggestion. "[You're telling me to just expect to never get that earbud back.]"