Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Breela Po

(D4-LM) Recce on Ice (Expecting)

Post by Breela Po »

The plan was to ride out to the work camp and do a more thorough recon of the area. Breela had made the journey a few times now without Nudimsu but had always come up short. She waits for him by the Rabbit in the hangar. Along with her usual gear she has a roll of camo netting just in case.

'I wish I didn't need him.' She sighs, absently fondling the locket around her neck.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Re: (D4-LM) Recce on Ice (Expecting)

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu managed to grab his gear and look Breela down. She seemed rather...dressed down for this weather today. He glanced her over in a rather judging way, but shrugged. She was about to find out quick if she was prepared for what was going on out there.

"Well then. Suppose we should get going. Won't be able to talk normally, as you'll need to keep your mouth out there with the wind and the cold, so if you need to talk, use this comm. Private frequency." He hands her a earpiece. "Just bite your tooth to activate it. Long range frequency. Don't even need to talk, just mouth the words."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She takes the gadget in her hands and looks it over. "Wow! Wiz." She fits it on her cat ear somehow and bites her tooth. 'Comm check.' She mouths.

Afterwards: "I'm ready to go." She grabs the fabric around her neck and pulls it up and over her head. Then she presses a series of buttons on her arm and the suit hard seals with a hiss.

She grabs up her belongings and loads them in with Nudimsu's.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Well, at least she wouldn't freeze to death. With that, he proceeded to leave Echo base and into the Wastes itself, heading to Junktown.

It was mostly quiet along the way to Junktown. As they were only doing recon at this point, he didn't really need to know too much. Just simply keep a eye out stuff, lie in the snow and wait and not freeze yourself to death doing it. She even had the proper gear to stay hidden. That was...surprisingly well prepared for her.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

On the ride she gives him more details: "Okay... so now that the information is need to know. We're going to these coordinates. Jub'lub went undercover as a slave. I'd like to sneak him one of these wiz devices somehow. And naturally get the lay of the land so we can begin working on extraction plans."

"I've been monitoring him at a distance. So far our communications are limited to yes and no. Beyond that I have no idea what actual progress he's made."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Handy to have the Force to do that." Well, that explains where he was. He was rather noticeable around the base when he was here. Not only just his size, but his personality. He was rather...calm for a Jedi.

"Undercover work is never easy, especially that kind of work." He said plainly. "Has he found your kid yet?"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"I think so." She admitted. "I can't be sure. He's far better at sensing than I am. But we're both limited at range." She sighs. "I can read thoughts if I try, but to read them at range is beyond me. He probably can, but I'm never sure how much he's getting."

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Well, everyone has their limits." He mouths and nods. "Wouldn't worry about it, though. Jub'lub has is smart enough not to push things too far." He kept driving along quietly for a few minutes. "Know anything in particular about these pirate forces in charge of the place yet or is the first time you've done proper recon on the area." He paused. "Understandable if not, it's been a rather chaotic few weeks."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"Our sole communication has been in transit. When he's getting shuffled off to the mines to work. I can tell you that the mines are heavily guarded. I'm talking twenty guards on the outside alone. Complete with weapon emplacements. I can only imagine what the camps have. Every time I try and get close so far I've run into trouble and had to dip out."

(We can head on over if you're ready. I'm hoping we can make the drop on this timeslot.)

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"Direct attack would be risky, then. Have to maybe figure out a way to sneak in or assault the front." He looked on. "Hit the front hard, maybe with an air assault, figure out a way to block communications. Things like that. Figure out all that once we arrive."

((Sure, we can skip a bit))

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"That reminds me! Baes made a Trojan? I don't really get tech stuff, but if you want to ask her about it? Or maybe you know what it is just on that alone?" Breela is the Star Wars equivalent of a luddite. "Did she give it to me already? Hmmmm." She hilariously adopts the ditzy thinker pose.

(OOC: Need to ask her right quick. Wait one... :oops: )

"Ohh!" She reaches into a pouch. "Here it is!"

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He nodded at it and gave a quick glance at the object before returning his full focus to the snowy path. "I've worked with that sort of stuff before. Hacha can do it better, granted, but I can do the work in a pinch if needed."

There is a long pause as he drives. "Can we rely on this Baes handiwork? A lot would be riding on it."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

After a time the miles all blended together. They will eventually arrive a good distance from the camp

"This is good, just pull up here." She steps out into the blizzard and clicks her teeth. 'Oh- oh kay... this sucks.' She mouths. 'Let's cover the rabbit up with the net I brought. Unless you think it doesn't need it?'

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

The Rabbit did stick out like a sore thumb, so he simply nodded his head and began to look for a good position to setup a scouting point.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

After they covered up the Rabbit she follows his lead. The fact is that Nudi is way better at scouting than she would ever be. They make there way towards a good overlook. At least it would be if not for the kriffing blizzard.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Average Stealth test, get a boost die due to the storm. Will also need a Resilience check at hard get a boost die for having cold weather gear.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

It was always strange to sneak around with his sneak suit. The armor was rather warm and comfortable for him to be out in the middle of this weather, but the downside was the fact that it prevented him from doing it properly. Unfortunately, it did him no good. He slipped up, but not too badly. Probably going to be on guard.

At the very least, maybe he could help Breela do it properly.

~~
Sneaky Sneaky Chiss: Snow Edition: 2eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 0 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Resilence Check, Difficulty Reduced due to Heated Armor, Destiny Flipped: 1eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Spending 2 Advantages on from Resilance to boost Breela's stealth. The advantages on the Stealth, I dunno, realize I'm exposing us and try to reposition before the whole thing goes to shit.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Baby it's cold outside (Resilience check hard)(Reduce due to greatcoat): 4eA+2eF+2eD 4 successes, 2 threat, 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sneaky Kitty (Stealth with a boost): 3eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Forgot the boost due to weather: 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage

(Audible groaning - same as Nudie so if I can be aware that I'm garbage at hiding that's what I'll use the advantages for)

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

A spotlight hits the two but they dive for quickly, Nudimsu knows they are made and does his best to keep his partner silent as soldiers investigate one accidently stepping on Breela’s leg but thinking it snow and ice keeps wandering through the blizzard.

One shouted in Basic , “I ain’t see nothing!”

Another replied in Huttese, “Keep looking, Hacks swears she saw something out here. Probably just another wampa, but best to be sure.”

The duo keep searching.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela keeps perfectly still, afraid to even so much as move her mouth to talk into the device. I can't kriff this up. Not this time! Dammit what's with these pirates!?

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Nudimsu looks at Breela and, seeing her leg being stomped on, does his best not to make a smirk. Mouthing with his lips, he knows that they were left with little options. "[Breela.]" He mouths the words, not speaking, as his voice comes in clear into Breela's ears. "[It's your op. We go thru them, we got to get them quietly before we risk setting off the whole base. We can probably sneak away with their backs turned. Also can capture them for intel. Your call. Just decide quickly.]"

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

[If we do that,] she mouths, [and kriff up royally, we risk upping their security when we need them off guard. We wait for them to leave then approach from a different angle.]

She prays silently that they leave without incident.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"[Every decision has potential for failure and risks us and the job. If that's what you want, however, just wait for them to get some distance and for the spotlight to clear. Keep low. Get ready to head to the Rabbit quickly if things turn south.]"

His head was telling him to cut his losses, but unfortunately, it was not his call. Breela was paying him for this job, and he had a contract to keep.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

(OOC: Once the conditions are right, we'll do just that. Roll or just go?)

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Coordination or Athletics check to hustle out of there staying low at Average, setback for bad footing.