Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Breela Po

(D3-LA) Junktown Pound (Ask)

Post by Breela Po »

She wanted to check in with her street contact before meeting with Pipka. She waited anxiously under some cover as the others gathered, coat and hood pulled in tight to better protect from the wind. "Kriff it's cold." She shivered.

Up the street a cloaked figure stood by a lamppost silently staring at her.

"Khaji?" she asked softly.

A thick gust kicked up a flurry temporarily blinding her. When she looked back he was gone. She kept staring for some time, hoping.
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

Re: (D3-LA) Junktown Pound (Ask)

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Remmington keeps his own thermal cloak close and keeps his scanner goggles on to protect his eyes. "It certainly is. That entry fee is pretty pricey too. Is that a 1 time thing or do we need to pay that each time." He asks his companion.

/ Paid 500 Credits for tribute
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"One time only..." She says absently, still searching for the apparition.

(OOC: So far only Jubby wanted to join that I know of. Gonna proceed as if he's here.

Once gathered, "Alright, follow me but stay close. Keep your sabers unlit unless things get desperate. I need to see someone but afterwards I want to give the pits a try."

(She goes to see the shop owner from yesterday)
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Remmington Balmung

"That's good. Fine by me, lead the way." Remmington nods and follows Breela's lead.

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The shop owner was forthcoming say they spotted some folks that looked like her being taken to the mines, probably her species they are not sure, but people don’t last long in the mines, cold, terrible conditions, worked long hours.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela's eye twitches... "Thank you." She bows. A little ways away she'll pull the other two in. "Okay... new plan. We're going to the mines." She continues, her voice low enough for them to hear. "If I click my tongue twice. Jubbs you go left, Remmi right. I'll take the middle. Any questions?"

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

With his hood on, Jub'lub's full face was all but obscured.

"Some charges are more difficult than others when it comes to slaving. I suppose grave digging wasn't as tough as these mines, at least I wasn't cold and wet all the time. My saber is at the ready, Breela. I have no questions. The force is with me. May the Force guide us."

He takes a deep breath, slowly, and then releases it, centering himself in the force.

(Committing two force power to sense Control: Upgrade difficulty and Control: Upgrade ability)
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Remmington Balmung

Remmington shakes his head. "Clear as rain. Looking forward to working with you Master Jedi. The Force is with us."

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

She nods to both of them, "Hopefully we can keep this quiet. But just in case we can't let's cover our faces, and try to keep them covered."

She wraps her hood around her head.

"Let's go."

(OOC: We'll try to bluff our way inside. If that doesn't work we fight.)

Remmington Balmung

"Got that covered." Remmington taps his scanner goggles and pulls up his hood a bit more.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

There are several guards and droids guarding the main entrance to the mines work camp. One waves you off, “Hey kriff off, this ain’t for you. Next warning won’t be so friendly.”

Blasters are raised at the approaching group. Another added, “No outsiders, turn around.”
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

"We're the inspection team!" Breela rolls her eyes, using the same accent from earlier, "Or are we early?" She turns back to Jubbs. "Look 'ere, it's all in writing!" She reaches into her satchel and grips but doesn't remove the grenade Baes gave her.

She hopes the bluff let's them close the distance.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Listen, it's freaking kriff weather, you got about three seconds before we start shooting. Now kriff off," one of the guards stated. The others look ready to for violence. The group counts about fifteen at the gate, two anti-personnel emplacements for cannons.
Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

(Fuuuuuuck, if it's that bad we WILL have to wait.)

"Hang on lads," she pretends to look over something. "I think we got the wrong place."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The guards nod but stay alert as a group approaches through the blizzard. Someone calls out, “Work group coming through.”

Pirates guide a group of about twenty slaves of varying species and genders toward the mines. They have their heads down and an electro whip crackles to keep them motivated. A pirate shouted, “Move it you lot, we ain’t got all day! The weather is piss and we got better things to do, now move it!”
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Jub'lub falls back into the slave parade and lowers his head to reveal he is a Twi'lek, and falls in line, making sure to trip a bit in the hopes of provoking a guard to whip him.

In Twi'leki: "I hope the masters serve soup tonight."
Jub'lub | Twi'lek | Jedi | Republic | Jovial | Hungry | Got Soup? | Blue Chungus

Gear: Armored Robes | Heavy Cloak | Double-bladed Saber | Various survival gear | Dehydrated fish rations
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jub'Lub wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:53 am
Jub'lub falls back into the slave parade and lowers his head to reveal he is a Twi'lek, and falls in line, making sure to trip a bit in the hopes of provoking a guard to whip him.

In Twi'leki: "I hope the masters serve soup tonight."
OOC: Resilience or Deception check at Average with a boost die for being a twi'lek, suffer 4 strain from whipping, so add a setback.
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 am

OOC: Resilience or Deception check at Average with a boost die for being a twi'lek, suffer 4 strain from whipping, so add a setback.
Jub'lub winces at the whip, but otherwise blends in on his way past the gate. He looks back at Breela and Balmung and raises his brow as if to say, 'you coming?' Or was it 'welp, that worked, unfortunately.'

Junk town pound resilience check at average with one SB, destiny flip to upgrade skill, (sorry, multi tasking. I meant Twi'lek bonus die) lunch time bonus die.: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(OOC: uses advantage to heal 1 strain)

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Breela will grab Remmi and fall back into the blizzard. They'll reposition a ways away and wait for Jubbs to reach out or go loud. Once clear she'll whisper, "Stangit Jubbs. All we can do now is wait until he sends us a signal. Stang! Kriff! Frag me!"

If possible they'll wait and watch the entrance from a safe distance.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jub'Lub wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:29 am
Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 am

Jub'lub winces at the whip, but otherwise blends in on his way past the gate. He looks back at Breela and Balmung and raises his brow as if to say, 'you coming?' Or was it 'welp, that worked, unfortunately.'

Junk town pound resilience check at average with one SB, destiny flip to upgrade skill, (sorry, multi tasking. I meant Twi'lek bonus die) lunch time bonus die.: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(OOC: uses advantage to heal 1 strain)
Once inside the group of slaves are directed towards the mines which has an entrance lined with cages of frozen corpses of those that either failed at their duties or perhaps caused trouble. Typical ways of showing dominance and authority in a crude manner.

The whip cracks as they trudge into the mines.

OOC: Well you are inside, what's the plan for now?
Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:43 am

Once inside the group of slaves are directed towards the mines which has an entrance lined with cages of frozen corpses of those that either failed at their duties or perhaps caused trouble. Typical ways of showing dominance and authority in a crude manner.

The whip cracks as they trudge into the mines.

OOC: Well you are inside, what's the plan for now?
Jub'lub grimaces at the cages. He looks around the camp to see what if anything he notices, keeping his head down as best he can to not draw attention.

Look for lightsaber hilts, Jubbs, keep calm, trust the light.

OOC: I will uncommit my Force Power sense and commit one die to seek: control: skills, then use seek to locate details about Breela's kid.
Seek: control: upgrade vigilence and perception checks.
Magnitude 2.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The Force wants to draw him away from the mines he is heading into and deeper into the work camp where it seems other slaves are kept in their off-time.

But that would mean leaving the group he is with and exposing himself to guards.
Remmington Balmung

Remmington hangs back with Breela. "We will have to be ready to act if Jub needs help." His hands settle on his hilts.

Jub'Lub

Post by Jub'Lub »

Having infiltrated the camp, Jub'lub lets it settle in that he may be here for a while. A return to indentured servitude. It could be worse, he could be unarmed. But then, its quite hard to hide a 14 inch lightsaber hilt. He would sequester it in his pack when an opportunity presents itself, whisper through his commlink to Breela and Remmi to pick it up outside the mine a few dozen yards outside the mine. Set the comlink to ping, and trust the force they will find it.

He knew what must be done. Breela's daughter may be the one thing to keep her from falling to the dark. If the youngling can be saved, he must find a way.

Jub'lub wasn't alone. He had the force. He had his training. He had a reason to live.

At least he got to enjoy a hot meal one last time before returning to servitude.

He practiced his breathing. The Force is with me, always.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

With their speed enhanced Breela and Remmi will retrieve the items and retreat to a safe distance.

Once there, "Why... why would he do this?"