Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Jan Melmoar

[Day 3 MM] One Man's Trash (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan guides the speeder carefully through the narrow and often twisting streets of Junktown, occasionally threatening to run over anyone taking a little too long to cross one. It was...pretty much what she'd expected, even down to the name. Still, that didn't mean it didn't have its uses.

"500 credits a head, extortion if you ask me, and I should know!"
She sighs, bringing the speeder into a ring fenced parking lot where a motley, if heavily armed gang seemed to be offering parking protection.
"But I suppose it is just the cost of business in these parts. I don't suppose you're feeling anything through the force? Like they're all actually cannibals? Or worse, wonderful people in disguise?"

(( Jan is also looking for someone to purchase a weapons mod from.))
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: [Day 3 MM] One Man's Trash (Closed, Expecting)

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Lucinia was there, wearing dress, cold-weather gear... and a pair of dark sunglasses, as though she were a vidstar buying caf from the corner store.

She sniffed. "Hardly. Certainly not the latter. Probably not the former." She grimaced delicately. "It's not actually easy for me to tell that sort of thing."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan chuckles.

"Of course, I imagine even the force around here is rather...sparse and uninteresting."
She tosses a few credits to one of the kids before heading out of the enclosure, her heels impossibly not just sinking into the snow.

"So, apparently there's some kind of ner-do-well around here, they go by 'Beezlediz' so I'm hoping they're not a rodian. Apparently they'll have some information for us regarding our...vacation plans in the future."
Jan scans both ways on the unimpressive street.

"I suppose it will take some time to find him."
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Shopping wise, looking at rarity 7 along with Restricted items, with 30% markup.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

"Oh good. I am looking forward to that." Lucinia murmured. She followed along at a stately pace. This was Jan's world; she was just there to crush anyone who needed crushing.

"Beezlediz..." Lucinia echoed with a smirk. "Hmph. I'd have invented a pseudonym if I was him."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

"It's very...well, maybe it is a pseudonym? I can't imagine what for though, perhaps he doesn't want to be easily entered into any law enforcement databases.."
She stands to the side as a dilapidated speeder flies past, the mounted gun on its back firing at a swarm of pursuing hoverbikes. A little mud sprays up on her dress and she frowns.

"Let's see, well, I'm sure the local information brokers will know the location of poor Beezlediz."
Jan leads the two towards the nearest person who looks like the sort of low low level informant found in such areas and, barring a need to roll will begin a merry hour of chasing up leads, threatening people, asking Lucinia if she would like to threaten people, threatening people as a couple, pausing for tea, bribing people, bribing threatened people and so on, as they chase down Beezlediz.

Jan also takes this time to pick up a Rapid-Recharge Xciter at a 30% markup. Then again, one cannot overpay for quality, and quantity has a quality all of its own.