Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Omandri Rist

[D3 MM] A Sister With Any Other Face

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri set out from the Dead Man's on a mission, he dressed in understated cold weather gear from his old travelling days. He didn't need to stand out in a place like this.

He went about looking for his sister, there surely couldn't be many doctors in thr settlement.
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Re: [D3 MM] A Sister With Any Other Face

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Average Streetwise check with a boost die as Doctors would probably be rare here.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri asked around a bit at the Dead Man and a few others outside. This sort of thing wasn't in his wheel house but he eventually got directions to a place where the doctor was said to stay.

------------
D3 MM searching average Streetwise boost: 2eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

He arrived at a freighter turned residence, but unbeknownst to him he did not arrive with stirring up a little interest. There is a sign out front that reads in Huttese, Doctor. Below it is a second sign that reads in the same language, 'Cash up Front'.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri approaches the ship and hails whoever is inside. He was more nervous than he could remember being in a long time. Would it really be her? How would he know? Would she try to blow him up a third time?

His mind raced with questions and the time between the button depressing and his finger leaving it felt like an eternity within just that moment.

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The door slid open and inside was what looked like a waiting area, woman sat at a desk and there were a few people sitting in this dark lobby. The woman looked up and said, “Have a seat, it’s fifty creds to be seen. No IOUs.”
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri studied her for a moment before setting the credits down bit didn't move his hand off them "and how much to go to the front of the line? I have urgent business with the doctor."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Urgent care, another hundred, otherwise have a seat," she said calmly.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Another stack of credits joined the first "it is quite urgent."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The woman pocketed the money and then knocked on the door and slipped inside. After what seems like an eternity but really maybe two minutes she returns and said, "She will see you now."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He paused, or more accurately, was frozen for a few seconds hear pounding in his ears. Would he recognize her? No probably not but it would still be her most likely.

With a deep calming breath he willed himself forward, to take that first step. Once he did it happened quickly he was to the door and into the exam room bracing himself for the conversation to come.

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

A woman sat in a chair and turned just as he entered the room. She turned and held a blaster pistol in her lap and said, “Welcome to Junk Town, brother.”
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He observed the woman warily "Haven't tried to kill me enough times sister?" He asked looking down to the Pistol "you should know it would take more than that to do the job."

"But how do I really know it's you? Not some agent of yours and this all some other elaborate scheme?" He asked with slightly narrowed eyes.

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It's me, and I have never tried to kill you... directly. I just cover my tracks," she responded. "But I do owe you a few birthdays, take a rain check?"
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Omandri scoffed, it was her. "I'd say leading someone to a place that is rigged to explode counts as attempted murder in most legal systems."

He waved away her concerns "and no worries on the birthdays, I'm sure the life of a galaxy spanning terrorist is a busy one." He said sardonically

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Just engaged in freedom from the oppression... I'll spare you the rhetoric, but I was hoping to put the past behind us," she said.

"Unless you are here to do something silly like arrest me."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He gave her a flat look "how do you expect this to go?"

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Honestly, it really comes down to you. I can stay here on Hoth, play doctor in my retirement. It keeps me busy and out of the way or I can return home, I don't want any official recognition, but to sweeten the deal I can bring my network with me... but there is a small issue," she offered.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He kept his face neutral not giving away hints of his inner emotions as she spoke "and that would be?" He asked prompting her to continue.

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"One loose end, to deal with, I figure we're a little due on sister-brother bonding time," she said with a smile.

"An old colleague has something of mine I want back, call it a ledger. We get it, and all is well."
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He thought for a moment and then waved a hand "something still isn't adding up, why now? You've been running with the Cabal for what 11 years? Why the sudden change of heart? You're acting very blase about it but you took a risk contacting me, a risk you didn't have to take. You couldn't know how I would react. Level with me, what's going on?"

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“You like helping people, that is who you are. And why now? You and your cronies… allies, whatever have done a good job at dismantling many of our networks. Not all, mind you, but I could see the writing on the wall. It’s time to retire, enjoy the fruits of my many labors,” she said.

“Why not spend it with family?”
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

He frowned slightly "So you're in trouble, you know we're going to catch you eventually so you're hoping to take advantage of my helpful nature to get you out before the noose closes." He nodded thinking

"And you're expecting to have no consequences for the years of terrorism not only on Alderaan but across the Republic?" He took a breath "You're right I do want to help you, I want you to come home but we have to be realistic about this."

Description|Theme
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"It's very easy, I am not going to a prison cell, if you are not going to help me, I can go this alone," she said confidently.
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

"But can you run forever? Do you want to? People haven't stopped looking for you." He said seriously "Like I said I want to help but you're smart enough to realize I can't shield you from all your enemies."

Description|Theme