Built into an extensive cave system neighboring the graveyard of ships, Junktown is a pirate controlled settlement.
Nudimsu

Re: [D2, LM] Are You Really Making Me Take Off My Snowshoes?

Post by Nudimsu »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:55 pm
OOC: Who is he spying on now?
((Lady with a robe on.))
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

Inside the Hangar

Theme

She did not seem to notice him as she leaned against a beat up freighter.

Three pirates pass by and one paused and said, “Hey pretty lady, you new around here?”

She turned her attention to them and said, "Go away, savages."

The pirate drew a blaster and said, "What'd you say to me!"

She sighed and stepped forward and lifted one hand and made a twisting motion and there was the sickening sound of bones and flesh tearing. All three heads spinning around till they were looking backwards in an instant.

They dropped to the ground.

She went back to leaning against the shuttle and then something piqued her interest. She closed her eyes and opened her senses briefly.

OOC: Sense on Nudimsu, in case he wishes to use Destiny or has any relevant Talents.
Eternal Empire | Force Sensitive | Unstable | Daughter of the Dragon | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

His eyes widen at the sigh of the slaughter before him. She...was a Force user. A rather strong Force user. He was not equipped to deal with a Force user. He got a view of her, and got what he needed. It was time to slowly make his exit before things got worse.

((Sure, flip a Destiny and maybe Indistinguishable can be used to up the difficulty more?))
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

The savage was easy to read, clever too. Perhaps more clever than the other savage, what was her name… Apu.. Ahira? No Aphr… such silly names these savages have. She spoke aloud, “I know you are there, savage. You can run, not sure if you will get far. And who is Lana? An accomplice?”

“No, more than that.”

OOC: Noted. She spends the pips to work at Range, find surface thoughts very clearly.

Vaylin Discipline + Sense + Indistinguishable: 4eP+2eA+2eD+1eC+9eF 4 successes, 1 advantage, 8 Light Side, 6 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

His eyes widen at this, his bones began to shake a little. He could keep calm for the moment, but he had to escape "[I'm tagged. You're named. Grab my stuff and get out while you can.]"

Whether or not she could see him, he wasn't sure, but she could sense him. Read his thoughts. That's what they did. She was there, and he could only keep her out but so much. She did have him, but he wasn't sure how accurate it was. He had to do his best to keep his thoughts focused on what was happening now. Prevent them from drifting into anything she could use.

"And what will not running get me?" He spoke quietly, her senses likely able to pick it up. And then began to move to another spot.

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

"Your life, savage," she responded aloud.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"You'll understand if I find your offer hard to believe." He said, keeping his voice down still. "I saw the results a small slight against you. Hard to believe me being here isn't a larger offense." His thoughts at being called a savage by a human made his blood boil a little. He didn't let it effect him.

He did what he could to look for other exits, keeping his mind off of any decision to be made until the last moment would come.

Vaylin

Post by Vaylin »

“I don’t care about these so-called pirates. But you, you could be of interest. Even now you are trying to evade me in your thoughts… not that one, or that one, savage. I am going to let you flee this place, tell whoever you value that I won’t interfere in your mission.”

She stood tall and added, “But, if my mother does not reveal herself to me, in say one Cycle; or as you savages put it about thirty standard days, I will find you and kill you all. I have waited this long, what is one more Cycle.”

“Now run, little savage, run.”

*Played by Dapper Dog
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

This was a amusing little game for her, it seemed, and her mother was the target. Great. Force users went at it like Lepi sometimes. Damn Force users. "I will pass along the message." He said it quietly, knowing full and well could do nothing else but flee. He was in the ship when the Dread Masters attacked. Far away, but that amount of power...he could feel it, even as a non-Force user. Today was just a sample of what could come from her. Layne tried to do the same a few times to understand him. He could fight it off with ease. She...completely was inside his mind. That was raw power. He did what she wanted. He would run. He just was not prepared for her. For something that strong. As he reached the snow, it was hard to tell he was shivering from the cold or if it was his nerves. But he kept moving, his cloak remaining on, and his careful footprints like before less careful in their impact.

He would be fine. Eventually. "[Lana, give me your location; I'll meet you there.]" His voice betrayed a sense of emotion in his words.

Yes, he was not ready to face her. 30 days, however, could be enough time to prepare.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lana replied, [On my way, I was bout to tear that place apart.]
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He made a turn from the corner before, he just kept moving to where she was. There was a sense of comfort in his mind about seeing her. It was hard to keep his emotions in check right now. The rush of adrenaline in his body as he stepped thru the snow. The flight of his instinct continued to move thru Junktown as he stepped thru the next street looking for her. "[Glad you didn't.]" A small smile managed to break thru his lips as he continued to move. If Lana had been hurt because of my foolishness... "[Just head to the next block from where we broke off and I'll come find you.]"

As he continued down, he checked behind him to ensure she did not change her mind about this little game. Human emotions could turn just as quickly as they appeared. Maybe send the pirates or the guards after them. She was unreliable. And yet, here he was running like a coward from her.

It was just another failure on his part.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Assume the group reunites somewhere...
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

When he finally caught up with Lana, he gave it a small moment before turning off the cloak and staring her down. His face expressed more than his words ever would. A feeling of a sense of violation upon his very mind. What was worse, there was nothing he could have done to stop her. It enraged Nudimsu as much as it frightened him at how easily it was done.

"I'm fine." Another lie, one that he equally thought was for his benefit as well as her's. He didn't look at Lana to read her heat signatures; just easier to believe it was successful.

He would then spend several minutes getting back on his armor, but it would take him a full minute and a half before he would start speaking again. "Doe-Does the Empire forces here have any data involving former soldiers that they could access here? I know that route is a long shot, considering the Imperial ship was raided, but knowing who that Chiss was may be useful in determining a proper response. Also, the Immortal could be prodded into making a mistake. Seems rather emotional and eager for a profit."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lana nodded considering what could be done to divide and conquer.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He slapped on his helmet and looked around, allowing the suit to pressurize again. "Until then, we need to figure out who her mother is. Maybe she can tell us more about her and give us some more answers. Won't turn her over just because some crazy woman threatened me. Not without reason, at least."

He had one theory about who it could be, but that child was blonde, not black haired. Did humans change hair color when they age? Besides grey, of course. Nudimsu gave a long look at Lana's hair, trying to see some imperfections or black color in it for some sort of clue.

Breela Po

Post by Breela Po »

Nudi will receive a message from Breela.
Coughed up 500 to the kriff heads at the gate. Still getting a lay of the land. Afterwards I'll drop by the local Cantina and fish for the Rodian. If I don't see you, I plan to be done by [mid afternoon]. Stay safe, give me a call if you need me. ~Breela
Jedi Knight | Armor underneath a Heavy Coat, and Cloak | Hooded, Gloved, Nice Boots!

Equipment: Always wears a utility belt, various items stuffed away including two or three concealed weapons, a few stim packs, and a flask/canteen.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Nudimsu wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 am
He slapped on his helmet and looked around, allowing the suit to pressurize again. "Until then, we need to figure out who her mother is. Maybe she can tell us more about her and give us some more answers. Won't turn her over just because some crazy woman threatened me. Not without reason, at least."

He had one theory about who it could be, but that child was blonde, not black haired. Did humans change hair color when they age? Besides grey, of course. Nudimsu gave a long look at Lana's hair, trying to see some imperfections or black color in it for some sort of clue.
Lana said, "We need to talk back at the ship, but not until then."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He stopped staring at her hair abruptly and nodded. "Yes. Of course. Rather not discuss such things while we are here and she can listen." He looked at her hair again as the suit finished and was warming up, but then decided it was not the time to do continue the examination. He could do it on the ship.

Maybe the daughter dyes it black. But don't most humans choose to dye their hair blonde? Lana doesn't.

He tapped in his datapad to reply to Breela.
Breela Po wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:24 am
Nudi will receive a message from Breela.
Coughed up 500 to the kriff heads at the gate. Still getting a lay of the land. Afterwards I'll drop by the local Cantina and fish for the Rodian. If I don't see you, I plan to be done by [mid afternoon]. Stay safe, give me a call if you need me. ~Breela
Ok.
"We can head back to the ship now, if you want. Come back later to pick up those other two."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She followed while staying silent, collecting her thoughts.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

It'd take them awhile to get to the ship, but they could make their way over to the without hassle, so long as that woman kept her word. After he could make his exit, he traveled to where he had parked the ship. It was likely a very quiet trip. He needed to recoup and regain control of his emotions, Lana needed to think.

They were both likely lost in thought until they arrived and entered, closing the door and flipped on the power. "Still works." He said as he took off his helmet and laid it down next in his cockpit chair. "Alright, talk." He kept his eyes on her, waiting for her to speak. Maybe he could finally get some answers about what was bothering her.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“That woman, her name is Vaylin, I suspect at least. She’s a powerful Force User from an unknown Empire called Zakuul. Her father was a powerful Force user and maybe tied to the late Sith Emperor, but I can’t know for sure.”

“I need to speak to Songbird, her real name is Senya, and see how she wants to handle this.”
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

He stared and listened to her. The gears began to spin a little and then it stopped. "I see. So Songbird is likely the mother of...that woman." He paused and looked. "I caught a glimpse of her looking at a picture of a blonde child not too long ago. Was not spying on her, I swear. Though that Force user was black haired." He spent a moment to once again examine Lana's hair from his angle before getting back on track.

"Did also kind of look like her in the face, but children always age differently."

He began to move towards her slowly. "Though, I suppose this is the part where I get angry at you for bringing in that potential danger to this ship? Get angry at your actions to hide this potential danger from the crew. Blame you solely for bringing this upon us?" His face remains neutral as he looks her over and then smiles a little continuing to move closer. "You did exactly what I would have done, including not telling me. Cause if you did, Vaylin would know who and where her mother is. Any chance we would have against her would reduce dramatically, because I was a open datapad for her in that moment. Whether or not that was the reason you did it, it likely saved Songbird's life and bought us some time."

He finally stopped in front of her and reached for her hands. "So, in return for this understanding, I would like to ask something of you, if you'd let me."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Lana took in the rebuke and then said, "Of course, I trust you even if I hid this from you."
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

"I know, which is why I never once put pressure on you to tell me what has been bothering you for months. Seeing your heat on your face, going from anxiety, to anger, to even fear was...unpleasant. But I trusted you, so I never pushed, just as you trusted me."

He took a deep sigh and squeezed her hand a little. "So, now that what is going on is in the open, can you let me help you carry that weight you've been hauling? That woman's coming for me either way, now."

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I don't think she will stop at Senya," she admitted. "Fine we do this, together."