Vast plains of snow and ice, with little in the way of life.
Aphr Ahaya

(D8 EN Closed) Eternal Epilogue

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

With the base in recovery and quite a few receiving treatment, it was relatively easy for Aphr to deceive the few people left watching the tauntauns and 'borrow' one for an emergency patrol. The weather was really unfavourable though, and if it wasn't for Aphrs connection to the force she wouldn't be able to see anything. In almost any other situation she would have turned back, however she held fast to her determination and pushed on towards the destination

This is the right thing to do

(ooc - fluffy farsight roll to see through the weather D8 EN farsight: 2eF 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImage DS pip to succeed)
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Dapper Dog

Re: (D8 EN Closed) Eternal Epilogue

Post by Dapper Dog »

A white and gold shuttle waited on the endless expanse of ice.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

That must be it. Only a few more steps...

Aphr urged the tauntaun on, until she got close enough to make the rest of the walk on foot. Climbing off, she pulled the harness off the animal and gave it a few nudges, saying "go on, get somewhere safe" to it before turning and making the final steps towards the shuffle.
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

zkgirl.jpg
zkgirl.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
A woman tall of build wearing heat singed golden armor had removed her helmet and said to a decorated soldier, a lanky dark skinned man in the language of Zakuul, “These savages have more fight in them than I expected. They brought down a bloody power plant on our heads.”

The pilot chuckled and said in the same language, “Really? These savages did that? Or are you just trying to dress up your own failures?”

“You should watch your mouth, Vortena, these savages may not just roll over,” she responded in kind.

“Or you just suck, either way, we have company, I will get the shuttle spooled up,” he responded and headed to the cockpit.

The woman turned and took an at ease position and said in Basic, “Outlander, come no closer. Your name, now.”
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

The language was a fascinating one that she would have to learn quickly she suspected. She did hope that Vaylin would be the one to meet her however...

She paused, making sure to not appear threatening. Not that she ever did look threatening.

"I am Aphr."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

She examined Aphr closely with her eyes, “Your species is, exotic. It is called the twi’vek, correct, and you somehow communicate with those head tentacles? Popular with slavers, such debased savages.”

“Her Grace welcomes you to the Zakuul Empire,” she said, raising a hand and spinning a lightsaber with the force over her open palm.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Twi'lek" Aphr said with a nod "our lekku are part of how we communicate in our own language. I would be happy to tell you more about the people of this galaxy, as they are vast and very different."

She looked at the spinning lightsaber for a moment then back at the woman with a smile.

"Thank you. May I come aboard? It's freezing out here and it's going to get a lot worse."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Yes," she said grabbing the saber and then tossing it out onto the wastes. "We are ready to leave."

The woman stepped aside for Aphr.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr looked at the saber being tossed, which brought the shape of the base into her vision. She couldn't make out anything of it, but she knew it was there.

Moyr. Galen. Be safe, don't make the wrong choice.

She turned back with a smile and a nod, moving to board the ship and taking her hood down once she was on board.

"I could hear something when I approached but I didn't recognise it, was that the language of Zakuul?"
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“Yes, the sacred language, blessed by Emperor Valkorian as all things of Zakuul. It is in his name we form this crusade to cleanse the stars of the savages that befoul this galaxy that is ours by right. Even an outlander can learn it, given enough practice,” she said to Aphr.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Then I have some learning to do on the trip back" Aphr said with a nod "good thing I enjoy learning."

She looked out of a shuttle window as they took off.

"Will you be returning to Zakuul also or are you remaining here?" She couldn't see or hear Vaylin so she assumed the woman had gone on ahead.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Zakuul, this ball of ice is not to my liking, besides we have many more worlds to bring into the polity," she said finding her seat.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Having spent the last month there, I can't wait to get somewhere warm and defrost" Aphr said with a small laugh "I don't like the cold in general and this was beyond cold. Strategically awful as well, feels like you're fighting the planet as much as anything else."

She looked back at the woman.

"Forgive me, I didn't ask your name."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Arynia," she said. "You will be one of the first Outlanders to see the perfection of Zakuul."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"I feel honoured and quite excited for it. In my visions I have had glimpses, but visions will never compare to seeing the reality with ones own eyes. Do many in Zakuul travel or study the galaxy beyond Zakuul?"

I wonder what reaction a Twi'lek gets in Zakuul...
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

“No, some may visit other worlds within our region of space but rarely travel beyond it. We want for nothing, perhaps the few dissidents that reject the vision of Emperor Valkorian would differ but they are few. No better than the savages of the greater galaxy,” she responded.

“For many of us this is our first time beyond our space, and I find it underwhelming,” she admitted.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"There are some incredible sights in this galaxy. Beauty to be found in ever corner. If you base the galaxy on the people however..." Aphr sighed, shaking her head "I can see why you would be underwelmed coming from the glory and unity of Zakuul and seeing the dissent and cruelty of many here. Perhaps when they've finally accepted that Zakuuls way is right you can visit Alderaan, assuming there is anything left of it. They say it's one of the most beautiful planets in all the galaxy."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"I expect Prince Thexan to make his approach on that system soon," she said admirably. "Once return to the home world, I plan to join his conquest."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"Oh is that so? Well Alderaan is pretty important to many in this galaxy and a much better view than this system."

Aphr looked back out of the window again at Hoth.

"I won't miss Hoth that's for sure..."

She looked back at Arynia.

"How long does it take to return to Zakuul from here?"
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Perhaps a week if not less, once we arrive at our commander's ship the Princess has commanded to return quickly," she said proudly.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Aphr looked out the window again to see if she could make out how far until they reached the commanders ship.

"Not long then. I'll try to keep out of the way on the Commanders ship for the brief amount of time we're there. Better to not cause problems being the Outlander" she said with a small smile "not that I mind answering any questions that anyone has about the galaxy, in fact if there is anything you do want to know please ask."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"There is quite a bit you can educate us about," she admitted. "You are to shadow me during your time on our ship, most of the crew is automated so your duties will be light."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"So the automation is true..." Aphr said more to herself before nodding "I'm happy to do what is needed to help, so that's fine. With so many systems within the galaxy all with their own differences and not a lot of studies on it not even I can say I know every corner of it. They all have their different ways of being, different strengths....most of the galaxy has one big glaring weakness but they all have different issues too."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"What is this weakness?" she asked.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

"The people of this galaxy can perform miracles far beyond what I suspect even the commanders would have considered possible. I'm sure you're aware of the attack on the base earlier that was repelled, and word around the base before I left was one of them even caused the explosions out in the wastes. However, they are divided. Very, very divided."

Aphr looked back at Arynia with a small shake of her head.

"If they stand together they can achieve almost anything. But they don't trust each other. They'll fight Zakuul with one hand and fight each other with the other, and that division is the galaxies biggest weakness. Keep sowing that division, keep them distrusting each other. It's an underhanded tactic, but it's effective if it means they never put a united front forward."