Vast plains of snow and ice, with little in the way of life.
Garth Thul

[Day 4 LE] White on Time

Post by Garth Thul »

The hum of the Sparrow's motor was soothing to Garth. He let the rhythm wash over him and trusted in his skills and talent to avoid any obstacles.

"If we can't see much then ain't much likely t' see me." He rationalised as he flew out over the Frozen Sea on a long range scouting effort.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 4 LE] White on Time

Post by Dapper Dog »

Wide open ice wastes, very little life other than large sheets of ice.

OOC: Average computer's check.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

((Joining from the pop-up thread, hope that's still okay!))

"You make a sound point." Tethys doesn't quite chuckle. She leans her forehead against the cool surface of the viewport, squinting out into the mess. "'Nothing' is a rather pleasant sight, really. In moderation. As long as we keep aloft."

The Jedi sounds and looks somewhat tired after the public spectacle of Layne's inquiry not long ago.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:49 pm

"You make a sound point." Tethys doesn't quite chuckle. She leans her forehead against the cool surface of the viewport, squinting out into the mess. "'Nothing' is a rather pleasant sight, really. In moderation. As long as we keep aloft."

The Jedi sounds and looks somewhat tired after the public spectacle of Layne's inquiry not long ago.
Garth hears a beep from the console and glances back to his guest. Miyi was back at base, even she wasn't crazy enough ti go out in this and with the disappearance of Lt Ujips solved, she found herself a little busy with additional duties.

So Tethys had come along, she had experience on the Sparrow and the pair worked well together.

"Seems lahk nothin' may be a slight 'xaggeration, least accordin t' the sensors. There's def'nitely a peace an' tranquility to it though."

Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Even in all this, there's life," Tethys agrees peaceably. "The wind, little things that can survive in the storm... I wouldn't like to switch places with anything out there, but it's soothing to watch."

Her fingers tap across the instrument panel, trying to track down that beep.

---
D4 LE--Garth's patrol. Computers average (sensor scan): 4eA+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I didn't know if I should roll the 3eS for weather on this or not!
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

This region of Hoth was actually clear of the storm, she picks up nothing unusual just some communication traffic. At a second look it is using Imperial identifiers and seems to be coming from beyond orbit to the ground. Having identified the signal, she can probably clean it up if she wants to listen to Imperial communications.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:24 pm
"Even in all this, there's life," Tethys agrees peaceably. "The wind, little things that can survive in the storm... I wouldn't like to switch places with anything out there, but it's soothing to watch."

Her fingers tap across the instrument panel, trying to track down that beep.
"It ain't as bad as 'round th' base at least. But ah gotta give th' Ortolans their props, systems show we came through it ok."

Garth turns his head towards Tethys. "So what's th' beep?"

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys's brows draw together. "Comms signal from the outer solar system. It looks like... Sith Empire codes?" Has a relief force for the Imperial contingent at Echo Base finally arrived? If so, they've beaten the Republic in the race here, which could make things awkward.

"I'll try to unscramble it. Shouldn't be too hard."

((Do I need to roll, or can Tethys just press some buttons?))

Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

A holo appeared of what she figures is a Sith Lord as they spoke in a modulated voice due to the mask, “I see, well I represent the Sith Empire and have come to parley. I can make it worth your while to see me safely to planet side.”
Sith Lord | Elegant | Refined | Masked | Envoy

*Played by Dapper Dog
Riyani Viro

Post by Riyani Viro »

“I would love to receive you Darth Irrej, but I will have to defer to Captain Syrian, for now,” a woman replied, the local pirate queen.
Pirate Queen | Unpredictable | White Maw | Junk Town Overlord | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog
Captain Syrian

Post by Captain Syrian »

Captain Syrian appeared next, "Report to my flagship Sith, otherwise we will destroy you."

"That is all."
Pirate King | Brilliant Tactician | White Maw | Naval Commander | Chiss

*Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Irrej

Post by Darth Irrej »

Darth Irrej replied, “You speak to a Dark Lord of the Sith, watch your tongue! My ship shall be in system on the morrow, pirates. For your sake, I pray you do not alter the deal, or you shall regret it.”

The communication ended.
Sith Lord | Elegant | Refined | Masked | Envoy

*Played by Dapper Dog
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth listens along quietly until the transmission ends.

"There's more o' these Sith Lords than trees in a forest. Did we manage t' record that though? Ah think that Master Yulani an' the Senator would like t' know what's goin' on here, if our allies are makin' deals with th' enemy."

Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

Not long after there is an incoming call from Echo Base, "Zhis is Echo Base actual, how goes zhe patrol Orosoni. Storm is still strong here, how about your region?"
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

"Echo base this is th' Orosini Sparrow. Th' storm appears t' be mostly localized around base coordinates. Our current position shows standard weather patterns, will continue to check readings and look fer signs o' potential conflict and return home soon."

Garth was careful not to mention the transmission for now.

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Garth Thul wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:34 pm
Garth listens along quietly until the transmission ends.

"There's more o' these Sith Lords than trees in a forest. Did we manage t' record that though? Ah think that Master Yulani an' the Senator would like t' know what's goin' on here, if our allies are makin' deals with th' enemy."
"I think I've got it." Tethys's eyebrows arch at the unexpected exchange. "I've never heard of Darth Irrej, but there are so many of them. Did you notice he didn't so much as mention the first Sith mission, though? That's interesting."

She lets Garth handle the check-in with the base; that's a routine he knows better than her, and he's the captain.

((Tethys will either save the record of the exchange, or make some notes while it's fresh in her memory.))

Qozaiym Zholyeva

Post by Qozaiym Zholyeva »

The message was recorded. "Well come back safely, zhere is more work to do, Echo Base out," she finished.

OOC: Tethys and Garth earn 2 conflict.
General | Imperial Army | Human | Tall | Slave-Born | Renegade | Hardened | Strange Accent | Sith Empire

*Played by Dapper Dog
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth wasn't sure why failing to report the transmission to the Imperial General gave him a moment of guilt and regret, but he pushed it down and would meditate on it later.

"Can y' see that gets to Master Yulani? Y'all got a secure channel yeah?" He asks Tethys after hanging up with Zholyeva.

"Maybe its the Republic training, but ah think our superiors should figure out how to disseminate that transmission."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys frowns slightly. "I don't know if your systems can transmit it securely? But if this Darth Irrej isn't here until tomorrow standard anyway..." She taps a finger on the console. "Then at the worst, we can tell Thy once we're back on base. She knows Sith internal politics better than I do, mostly. I'd trust her guess as to what's going on here. It could be something 'our' Sith aren't telling us," her lips quirk wryly at having to describe them that way, "or it could be some plot they don't even know about. Anything goes with them."

((I actually don't know if we can call Thy without being on an open channel, or what our communications security is like given our crappy base situation? Especially since even if Thy wants to tell the Empire side right away, Tethys doesn't really want to talk about this out here if the pirates might be able to pick up Echo Base comm chatter, either.))

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Just 1 conflict not 2, as it is a minor moment.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Garth shakes his head. "With all the crossed wires and 'cepted transmissions, ah wouldn' trust it. Ah think this needs a pers'nal touch, don' sound like nothin' that can' wait another half a tick till Sparrow c'n get us home."

"Speakin' of which, how ya findin' yer new digs?"

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Yes, you're probably right. It will keep till we get back." Tethys sighs."

"Quarters are livable enough at this point, but... it's not the cold, it's the dryness," she says with a tired chuckle. "Do you ever feel like you might be walking down the hall one day and find your skin's cracked off and been left three steps behind you? I'll need another three weeks before I'm used to it. At least."

She tucks a stray loc back behind her shoulder. "And you? This is something of an enforced rustication, compared to the standards you've probably grown accustomed to," she suggests with a hint of teasing.

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:41 pm
"Yes, you're probably right. It will keep till we get back." Tethys sighs."
"A lifetime of starin' down Sith an' Imperial through th' crosshairs of a Spitfire don' engender me with a great deal o' trust there. Some habits are hard t' break." Garth explained. "If heat comes down, well it were my ship, so my call. Much as ye've tried, ah still ain't no Jedi so no official chain of command that ahm aware of." He added in his cheekiest tone.
Tethys wrote:Quarters are livable enough at this point, but... it's not the cold, it's the dryness," she says with a tired chuckle. "Do you ever feel like you might be walking down the hall one day and find your skin's cracked off and been left three steps behind you? I'll need another three weeks before I'm used to it. At least."
"Can't say as ah've noticed it but Miyi did pack nuff moisturiser t'drown a...well she packed a bunch. Ah'm sure she can spare some if y' need."
Tethys wrote:She tucks a stray loc back behind her shoulder. "And you? This is something of an enforced rustication, compared to the standards you've probably grown accustomed to," she suggests with a hint of teasing.
Garth laughs at the gentle ribbing. "Teasing barons now? What would th' Council say? Sides, tween th' estates, whatever deployment ah'm on an the Blackguard training hall, ah'm....flexible in mah accommodations."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Can Miyi fix the air?" Tethys asks wryly. "Add a nice ocean of liquid water or two?" She shakes her head. "But it's not so bad. We have enough warmth and enough to eat. I wouldn't choose an ice world for a holiday, that's all. Which explains why the people here are mostly outlaws." Well, except for those Ortolans, it occurs to her. But who knows, maybe they have some shady history of their own...

She continues to monitor the sensor scans, although nothing else of significance has turned up so far.

"Jedi are supposed to stand outside planetary systems of rank, Baron Thul," she considers that, "so I don't suppose the Council would mind it more than if you were anyone else?" She chuckles. "Actually, I suppose the two of you must be more comfortable than most, since you brought your Sparrow down in one piece--with your things. Good flying is its own reward."