Vast plains of snow and ice, with little in the way of life.
Dapper Dog

[Day 3 - EN] Nothing to See Here

Post by Dapper Dog »

Those that have been recruited or contacted for this task are brought together by their benefactor far from any settlement. If you want a chance to get in on the big money this is the meeting to be at.

The coordinates bring them to an abandoned settlement, a now stripped research camp from the Republic.

OOC: Ask before entering if there is any doubt you can be here.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Jan Melmoar

Re: [Day 3 - EN] Nothing to See Here

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan prowls out of the darkness, her clothes flowing from white, to grey and then back to black as the director quietly makes her way through the camp's outskirts. It could be a decent site for an ambush, but that seemed an awful lot of work for minimal gain.

That doesn't mean she ever takes a hand off the pistol at her side though. She'd been on the wrong side of cost/benefit analysis before.
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss' entry was a little less glamorous than suddenly appearing out of the darkness. In fact, she seemed to just stumble into the camp like someone who didn't know it was here. Looking around the abandoned camp like a tourist and checking out if she could possibly figure out exactly what it used to all be for.

Maybe now more than any other time others would notice the duo blasters at either hip of the woman, but they were always there. Just now in this new light and understanding of her perhaps the story they held behind them were a little easier to put together.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie was also here for this mysterious meeting. With all of the nighttime activities she was doing, she was wondering if she should start dressing in black instead of white. That may get her mistaken as a Sith type however and she wasn't the one switching allegiances. Best to shelf the idea.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Riss

Post by Riss »

"Aurie!" she calls out from a space just off the main meeting point, waving out to her friend whom she probably arrived with. Directing her attention into an abandoned space she poses, "What do you think this was for, mm?"
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

"Good evening, Riss," she greeted back with a cautious gaze that swept around the area, a bit bemused as to why she was being greeted with the energy of a party social. Perhaps not but that's how she took it with the chipper Riss. "You mean this place? I could only imagine that it's related to Echo Base. Perhaps it was a forward scouting post or a wildlife observation station. Very unlikely that this was the site of an experiment or unearthed discovery gone wrong."
Last edited by Aurilie Alde on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

He couldn't remember the exact details of why he was going to this remote location in the middle of the night, but he did remember it was for a good reason, and that was enough for him. Plus, it could be so boring around the base at night when everyone else was getting ready to sleep. His goats had been tended to and were also sleeping, tired from a busy day of work and play.

Silently, Pipka descended from the night sky. Despite his clandestine entrance, he waved enthusiastically to Jan and the other two he saw gathering.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The interior is not heated, but there are lights. Gathered are about another six ne’er do wells and scoundrels including the Red Blade that some met the previous day. There is a table but no chairs in this ruined structure and a holo communicator.
MissCalculation.jpg
MissCalculation.jpg (17.15 KiB) Viewed 998 times
The device chimes and comes to life and a digital image forms of a robotic looking woman or droid. She verbalized in a smooth sultry voice, “Greetings, I am Miss Calculation. I will not waste your time, you are all here because among you I believe are the talents I need to earn for ourselves a cut of sixteen billion credits.”

“I will be parceling out preparatory tasks that must be completed before the main event. You may be asking, how this will be accomplished. It is simple, we intend to steal from the White Maw.”

“If that does not entice you, feel free to walk away.”
Riss

Post by Riss »

Riss approaches up toward Aurilie during the little introduction and leans over onto the other woman's shoulder. Resting her elbow there she rests against Aurilie to both accentuate how much more dignified Aurilie is than Riss but also bring her down to Riss' level just a tad, in good humor of course.

Of course, when the opportunity came to walk away she was far too enticed to leave. "You can walk out if you feel uncomfortable, no hard feelings," she suggests to Aurie with a softer spoken whisper, only heart in her tone.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan's right eyebrow had risen so high and so quickly that it had nearly achieved escape velocity. Pipka she could understand, they clearly had good taste. But the two Alderaanians were quite the surprise.

"I didn't come all this way just to turn around and head home. Although I confess, I am interested in just how these pirates accumulated so much money, and what form it takes. Do they just have a vault somewhere with a money pool? Or are we talking more...esoteric methods of wealth storage?"
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

'That's right, loads and loads of credits, that was the good reason.'

After hearing Jan bring up some very valid concerns, Pipka pipes in, "Also, How do we number is right? I would put the Tur-tutor who taught me all the math I know to shame if I trusted a figure that big from a droid named miscalculation."
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Sixteen billion credits wasn't a number that had Aurilie impressed in the slightest but she gazed around the group and there were far more questions. That was not a typical amount to be thrown away. At the very least, to be offering as a cut. Something was not right. This was likely enough for Aurilie to walk away if she didn't suspect that they would shoot anyone who left this place. These were the White Maw, with whom she had become familiar in a short amount of time.

Aurilie shot a sidelong glare at Riss, perhaps a bit offended that she would find herself here and especially so that she would think Aurilie would walk away while she was still standing here. She crossed her arms and let out a sigh. "She's in, I'm in. And, this is going to take some explaining," she said, perhaps to everyone but with a different meaning. This was perhaps also meaning Cynella as a side effect. She wasn't going to keep this a secret around her wife if she was curious enough.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Miss Calculation continued, “It is an approximation, the pirates have a vault where they store much of their ill-gotten gains. Much of it the form of aurum bars, data chits and other precious materials. The vault is disconnected from the network, internalized. I have been studying it for some time, they retrofitted an ancient commercial liner into a massive vault and fortress.”

“We will need to get onsite break into that vault and liquidate what we can in short order without alert a virtual army of pirates on our heads. But before we get there, I have a list of smaller jobs that need to be accomplished, with only modest compensation attached.”

“Questions?”
Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Jan leans up against a wall and starts unscrewing her hip flask nonchalantly.

"What sort of timeframe do you have in mind?"
She lowers her eyebrow so she can once again dramatically raise it, before taking a sip.

"Oh, and which of these small jobs pays the least modestly? Asking for a friend."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:02 am
Jan leans up against a wall and starts unscrewing her hip flask nonchalantly.

"What sort of timeframe do you have in mind?"
She lowers her eyebrow so she can once again dramatically raise it, before taking a sip.

"Oh, and which of these small jobs pays the least modestly? Asking for a friend."
"Dealer's choice," the droid replied smoothly.
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

"You've piqued my interest. What are your plans for exfil after the job? They have this planet locked down tight. What kind of protocols do you have in place to keep this information from getting back to the White Maw?" He asks, looking at the others gathered around meaningfully.

Pipka was doing his best to channel Nudimsu. What would Nudimsu do? Depending on the target, probably sell the information on such a risky heist to the target for a more guaranteed, less dangerous payout. While they wouldn't alert the White Maw in this case, some of the others here might get a similar idea.
description
Riss

Post by Riss »

"I wanna know what the Queen gets out of this," Riss says, having at some point leaned off of Aurilie's shoulder and found herself a place to sit among the group. Kicking her feet up on someone's bag they'd set down, and only flashing a smile at them in compensation.

"Two of us, at least, got wind of this through Beezlediz. I wanna know how they factor into this- last thing I was expecting was a show like," she waves her hand vaguely at the droid.
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

"Beezlediz is our inside man, he will provide transport out, as for the Queen, she gets the pleasure of being robbed by the best," the holo replied.
Riss

Post by Riss »

Tapping her fingers against her arm she leans back, and shrugs. "Sounds good enough to me," she audibly stretches as her arms go high into the way-too-cold air. An action she regrets really quick.

Glancing around at the others, only cause she was curious, "What do you need done then?"
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

The rodian's reputation proceeded him prior to his name being mentioned by the 'Queen'. There was a party out there that wanted him dead, so he couldn't be an angelic character for an inside person. She offered a glance at Riss, this was going to be something she had to share later with her. However, she looked to the others for their answer with her gaze lingering on Jan a bit longer. For a director of a company...was the money so bad that she would be considered a side job?

Never mind members of Alderaania royalty were here. They needn't explain themselves.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

The holo image begins outlining the smaller tasks that need doing.

OOC: Smaller tasks to be handled during the downtime.