The lower levels have access to steam vents, which can be tapped for power but these do not provide as much heat and could be used for recreation.
Lord Draahg

Re: [Day 8 - MA] Hating You is Easy...

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draahg strikes downwards at Sylvain and luckily the strike is not completely mortal… but it does destroy his lightsaber.

“Don’t worry, Minister, no one knows who the kriff you are either,” he said.

OOC: 2 dark pips, plus Channel for 4 wounds now at 9, adds 2 more pips a second Triumph, 2 Triumph to destroy Sylvain's lightsaber; have 4Critcal activated for 1 advantegd +30 for a total of +70, Avalanche Attack for 2 strain, 20 wounds Breach 1.

Lord Draahg + Essential Kill: 5eP+1eA+2eD+3eB+2eS+2eF 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lord Draahg + Essential Kill: 1d100+70 72 - Hamstrung

Everyone is basically at Short to everyone else. Baras is Adversary 3 and Defense 4, Draahg is Adversary 2 with defense 3. Will Flip Destiny if either is attacked, Draahg and Baras are Engaged, now with Sylvain who is Prone.
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Player's turn, still flipping Destiny if they are attacked.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

A protective amulet shines brightly and protects the minister from the augmented attack.

His hands catch the lightsaber and push it back even as he attempts to stand up.

————

Amulet halves damage. 14 from protect blocks the rest.
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"Nice trick," he mused.

OOC: Lightsaber is still destroyed.
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth narrowed her eyes and fired again at her former master, standing resolutely.

---

D8 MA Baras Thread, Shooting at Baras Round 2: 3eP+2eA+3eB+2eC+1eA 7 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roll mistake: 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat

Targeting Baras
Easy difficulty+3 Adversary+1 GM Destiny
2 Boosts from Accurate,1 Boost from Maneuver to Aim
8 Base Damage + 1 Destiny for Targeted Blow (+5 Damage) + 3 damage (Deadly accuracy)+7 successes = 23 damage

Activating a crit via Destiny at +10 because of Lethal Blows
D8 MA Baras Thread, Crit Roll: 1d100+20 83 Edit: Down to 73, Hamstrung

Wounds: 0/12
Strain: 2/12
Melee Def: 1
Ranged Def: 1
Soak: 4
Last edited by Luth Khalan on Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras was fast, and reflected part of the deadly shot back at Luth.

OOC: Improved Reflect used for the Despair reduced by 7 to 16, then 8 with the Critical Injury, he is hurting but Luth takes 23 from the blast herself. Spent 3 strain, now Hamstrung. Not Supreme.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth sucked in a breath, bracing for pain as the bullet ricochets back and hits her shoulder, fortunately missing anything too vital... for now.

---

Damage reduced by 14 for Protect.
Last edited by Luth Khalan on Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Please adjust the amulets only work to reduce Force power damage not normal attacks.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain's Amulet didn't activate and he got sliced.

---

Wounds: 12/18

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Draagh." Tethys's voice is, curiously, a little... sad?

"All those army parties on Bankor, and we never... danced." The power of the Force glides the Sith Lord away from Baras and Sylvain, toward Tethys, as her seagreen lightsaber flicks up to meet his red one with a sharp snap-hiss. "Why not?"

She feints, attempting to slip her blade past his guard.

"You were--" she huffs with the effort "--more interesting--then. You don't need to do this now. Not for Baras."

---

Maneuver: Center of Being
Action: Attack
D8 MA--Round 2, Attack/Draw Closer on Draagh. He is Advers2, Def3. Boost from Luth's round 1, custom hilt adds boost/removes setback, Superior +1adv: 2eA+2eP+2eB+2eF+2eC+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
D8 MA--Round 2, Attack/Draw Closer, forgotten Force Die because I need to update my cheat sheet: 1eF 1 Dark Side

1 LS to Draw Closer, pulling Draagh from Short to Engaged with Tethys (and from Engaged with Baras/Sylvain to Short from them).
3 LS to successes.
16 damage with Breach 1. 1 advantage to crit if it hits.

Wounds: 0/16
Strain: 2/18
Soak 5
Melee/Ranged Defense: both 3 (armor, lightsaber hilt, energy buckler)

Stimpacks carried: 8 (2 in Military Pouch: draw as incidental)

Center of Being: increases the crit rating of attacks against Tethys for 1 round. Currently activated (incidental).
Calming Aura: when an opponent targets Tethys with a Force power, after generating FP, reduce the total by 1. Always active.
Tethys has parry and reflect, both block 5 damage at a cost of 4 strain.
Flip Destiny on defense.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain saw Draagh pulled away from him suddenly by Tethys but feels the terrible pain in his leg where Draagh had struck a nerve. It made it difficult for him to stand, he reached inside his garments for a potion instead... And raised his hand up to try and shield himself and his compatriots.

I am not alone... I must hold for them...

-----

Maneuver to Pull Water of Life Potion into hand. 2 Strain

Action: Protect

D8 Fight R2 Protect Bonus from Luth: 3eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+5eF 7 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D8 Fight R2 Natural Mystic Force Dice Reroll: 5eF 2 Light Side, 5 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImage

Using Lyshea's Talent (Purity of the Force) to Switch All Pips to Light. Use 2 for power, 1 for Magnitude, 1 for All Attacks, 3 for Strength.

Prevent 22 Damage from all attacks to the group this round. 1 Advantage to give affected targets 1 Defense from Protect.

Wounds: 12/18
Strain: 15/23

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras spoke calmly to Sylvain, "It is over, you won, lower your defenses."

"End this."

OOC: Successful flip destiny to suffer 4 strain, Sylvain drops his power for until the next round. Triumph to free Draagh from Ensnare.

Baras Influence vs. Sylvain Lower Your defenses: 5eP+1eA+3eC+2eD+3eF 3 successes, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

*Played by Dapper Dog
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draagh parried the attack and the blade passed into him but it looks like some of his flesh is knitting back together. He nodded to Baras and attacked with a savaged double strike on Sylvain… it was the thing of horrific beauty as Baras fell to his knees, his power nearly spent.

OOC: Activate Falling Avalanche for 18 wounds, breach 1, Triumph to generate second hit for 12 wounds, breach 1, critical Injury +30 for one hit and Critical +20 for the second hit. Draagh now at 13 strain, 24 wounds down to 19 wounds. Reduced Crits by 10 due to Calming Aura. The off-balance is for Draagh.

Dragh Lightsaber vs. Sylvain Essential Kill Dual Wield: 1d100 83 reduced to 23 Off-Balance

Dragh Lightsaber vs. Sylvain Essential Kill Dual Wield: 5eP+1eA+3eD+3eB+1eS+2eF 2 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dragh Lightsaber vs. Sylvain Essential Kill Dual Wield: 1eS 1 failure

Dragh Lightsaber vs. Sylvain Essential Kill Dual Wield: 1d100+80 116 - Horrific Injury (reduced by 10 due to calming Aura) to Brawn

Dragh Lightsaber vs. Sylvain Essential Kill Dual Wield: 1d100+90 129 - Blinded reduced by 10.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Player's turn.

Everyone is basically at Short to everyone else. Baras is Adversary 3 and Defense 4, Draahg is Adversary 2 with defense 3. Will Flip Destiny if either is attacked, Draahg and Baras are Engaged, now with Sylvain who is Prone.

Will Flip destiny if either is attacked.
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras.jpg
Baras.jpg (26.99 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
Baras’ mask fell to the ground as he coughed up blood, “I always hated you, you… your father… eventually your mother… your tu’kata bitch wife. I have dreamt of this moment.”

“But it is bitter… because you insolent welp have stolen my children and the one creature I deigned to love from me. And for that, I cannot let you live.”

He struggled to stay on his feet… as he coughed up blood.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draagh glanced to Luth and said, "Do it."

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She looked to Baras as he spoke, barely hearing him over her heart pounding in her ears. She couldn't hear herself think, never mind stop the outburst. "Why couldn't you just say that, you bastard?! I am right here!" She yelled. "Talk to me like I am a person and not just a prize you and Sylvain are fighting over! This could have been so much easier..." Tears were making it hard to see.

"Sylvain didn't take anything from you. All he did was support what I chose. This is between me and you, Baras, so at least acknowledge me."

A few angry breaths huffed out before she finally managed to even them out. "I cared about you. I really did. I still do. Despite everything. But I have our children to think about. I have everyone to think about. And I won't be disregarded."

She aimed and fired. Maybe he would survive. Maybe he wouldn't.

She moved over to Sylvain and pushed his hand holding the Water of Life up to his mouth.

---

D8 MA Baras Thread, Shooting at Baras: 3eP+2eA+2eB+2eC+1eD 3 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageD8 MA Baras Thread, Shooting at Baras: 3eP+2eA+2eB+2eC+1eD 3 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Despair
2 Boosts from Accurate
8 Base Damage + 1 Destiny for Targeted Blow (+5 Damage) + 3 damage (Deadly accuracy)+3 successes= 19 Damage

Proccing Crit with 5 Advantage, +20 from preexisting crit and Lethal Blows
D8 MA Baras Thread, Crit: 1d100+20 112 Temporarily Lame

1 Maneuver to move to Engaged with Syl
+2 Strain for 1 Maneuver to force him to take the Water of Life he was already holding

Wounds: 5/12 (forgot to reduce the 9 I took by Soak)
Strain: 4/12
Melee Def: 1
Ranged Def: 1
Soak: 4

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"You made the right choice, Good night Minister," he finished off Sylvain.

OOC: Despair used for another hit, which is another critical injury, he can have some words.

Dragh Lightsaber vs. Sylvain Essential Kill Dual Wield: 1d100+100 142 should be 152 due to crit for exceeding wounds.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras collapsed and fell over. His eyes glazed over, the wound pouring blood over his pale skin.

His finger trembled.

There was only darkness.

Darkness.

OOC: Thus ends the tragedy of Darth Baras.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draagh stepped away from Sylvain, and looked at the Jedi and Luth, his injuries already sealing up with hisses and pops as the flesh mended itself. He lowered his weapons and said, “I have only attacked and killed Imperial personnel, I say we let bygones, be bygones.”

“I’ll even give you that dance now, Master Tethys,” he said calmly.

OOC: Unsure if combat is over or not...

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain felt the last blow strike him… He heard nothing of the lament of Baras… He felt his life force starting to leave his body…

He felt something on his lips… a cool sensation that caused his eyes to open.

But there was nothing but darkness…

He could sense Luth beside him. His body destroyed… muscles lacking the strength they once had.

All he had left was his lips… and he knew they soon would grow numb.

“Did you do it…” He asked in a weak and drained voice.

He waited for the affirmative reply before smiling ever so softly.

“Good… You’re free…”

His mind raced to think of how to use his remaining strength.

“Arymis… Take Arymis…”

Tears welled up in sightless eyes.

“You tell them I loved them… They were loved…”

Singular tears rolled from the outside of his eyes.

“Be happy Luth… Be happy…”

The lips began to lose the last strength they had.

“I loved you… At least I did this right…”

The lips froze… the breath stopped… His mind wandered.

He’s dead Father…

I hope I was strong enough for you mother…

You win Shai; last one standing…

I’m sorry Moyr, I couldn’t cut the ropes…

They’re protected Kris…

Then there was only Light…

/Exit to One with the Force
Last edited by Sylvain Torsin on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth was hunched over, holding on to Sylvain as she listened to him. Tears flowing freely down her cheeks at both deaths. It was too much. This was too much. She had the presence of mind to answer, at least.

"Yes... I did it..."

"I'll take Arymis and Addison and look after them. You don't have to worry..."

"I'll try... I love you, too..."

The she felt his breath stop. And then, slowly, his heart beneath her fingers.

And she screamed.

It was horrific, primal sound of complete suffering, like a wounded animal, as if someone had torn out her heart with their bare hands. She screamed with all of her heart and soul, her voice echoing through the steam vents with the Force behind it. There was no other way to express the depth of her pain as Baras and Sylvain lay dead around her. It might have even damaged the eardrums of Draahg and Tethys, but it felt like there was no choice, no other way to get it out.

D8 MA Baras Thread, Force-powered sadness, fluff: 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImage

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sylvain's body fades away leaving behind only his clothes and things.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Darth Baras, a reasonable observer must question whether you want what is best for any person...perhaps not even yourself, in the end....

Tethys hadn't expected that this off-hand realization of hers, not very long ago, was going to prove so immediately and grimly prophetic. And yet here they all are. Her ears are still ringing from Baras's curses and Luth's wail.

With a flick of her thumb, the blade of her lightsaber blinks out, leaving Draagh's sabers the only ones still glowing in the dim and steamy space. "Lives are still lives, Lord Draagh, whatever colors they were wearing. But I didn't come down here to take any of them." Keeping her gaze fixed on him for now, she steps closer to the kneeling Luth. "If you're not going to trouble Luth or her children, then what's done today is... done. I don't think this is the moment for a dance." Of either kind, real or euphemism-for-violence.

Tethys clips her lightsaber to her belt, and then her hand comes to rest, tentatively, on Luth's shoulder. For all the talking they've done, it's the first time Tethys has actually touched Luth (at least intentionally; they might have brushed together in a hallway or while working on innumerable clean-up crews around the base, but that's not exactly the same). "Luth. I'm sorry. He--" She gives Luth's shoulder a cautious squeeze. "Your friend has given you a great gift, freely. It's going to be all right." Almost to her own surprise, she really believes that right now.

---
OOC: Combat is over if no one else is fighting.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"No, I have no need to keep fighting, I don't care about her kids," he said honestly clipping his weapons.

"If you are not going back to Imperial space, Luth, then I consider this mission accomplished."

*Played by Dapper Dog.