The lower levels have access to steam vents, which can be tapped for power but these do not provide as much heat and could be used for recreation.
Luth Khalan

Re: [Day 8 - MA] Hating You is Easy...

Post by Luth Khalan »

"The children are their own people. They don't belong to me or you. It's my responsibility to them to act in their best interests until they have the skills and experience to take control of their own lives, to enable them to become their own people and able to pursue their own path. Allow me to be clear, though: I'm not taking them from you, specifically. I'm taking them from the Sith and their cycle of pain and self-destruction. You can follow them if you want to." She shrugged. "Regardless, my plans are already in motion. Even if something were to happen to me now, it wouldn't stop anything. What you do about that is up to you, and what you're willing to gain and lose."

"As far as your disappointment and what you consider respectable goes... That's unfortunate. We don't have the same standards for that, though. There are things harder to do than fighting."

She turned to leave, only pausing a moment as she moved toward Tethys and Sylvain.

"Lord Khalan is gone, though. It's just Luth."

Shedding the title felt like shedding a weight. Lord Khalan felt like she had existed long before she got the title. It was time to see how Luth could grow without that shell restraining her. What she could build with all the pieces in hand now. She'd probably make mistakes and backslide. There was a lot she needed to work on to pursue the path of light the way she wanted to. But it was a start.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"So you choose the path of weakness, not unexpected. If you desire such legacy then a compromise, surely that seems fair for one shedding their old ambitions. You take on and I the other, because we both want what is best for our children. Otherwise, I shall assume you are using violence to oppose me, and your foolish paramour, Torsin, knows well what it means to face my displeasure," he said still unmoved.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Darth Baras," Tethys speaks up coolly and with composure, although her face still shows the marks of alert tension. "A reasonable observer must question whether you want what is best for any person other than yourself." She opens her hands palm-up as she takes a step away from the wall--a gesture of calm that also happens to show they're nowhere near drawing her lightsaber or other hidden weapons.

"Perhaps not even yourself, in the end. But your relationship with your own conscience is your business," she adds, as a thoughtful aside. "I've seen your effect on those whose lives touch--Luth, Layne, the late Lieutenant Ujips. Even you, Lord Draagh," she glances aside at the mysterious Sith Lord. "I thought you had more spirit, more life in you, when we met all those years ago on Bankor. Ten more years of Darth Baras has done you no good either." She sighs, barely audible.

"In any case, this decision is not yours, Darth. Ms. Khalan is a Republic citizen by virtue of her military service. It is an interesting thing--when you disappear without a trace, that is not the same as renouncing citizenship. Her children inherit that status, and they are entitled to all the protections of the Republic conventions on the rights of children. To stay with their caregiving parent. To live free of mental and physical abuse." She nods toward Luth. "Any concessions Luth makes to you now are her own last act of generosity to you. She and the children owe you nothing."

--
Crucial Point talent goes brr.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

A couple of things entered Luth's mind at that point. The first, a stray thought: Is he jealous? The second... if he was bargaining at all, then his back was against the wall. She had won, and he knew she had won, and no accusation of weakness could change that. She looked to Tethys when she spoke. what she said made sense... though it was also surprising to some part of her. She'd have to discuss it later.

"You could take it as violence if you wanted. You can even kill me if it's that important to you. It's pointless, though. Like I said, my plans are already in motion. Coming for me won't change anything, and you never struck me as a person who did things uselessly."

"Regardless of anything else, this isn't that different from our current arrangement, Baras. I was already raising them. I'll just be doing so elsewhere and giving them the opportunity to make an informed decision with all of their options before them, rather than sending them directly to Korriban. If my way truly is weakness, then they'll see that and return to you when the time comes anyway and you can do as you see fit. You'll have both of them, legacy intact, and my approach proven as the foolishness you believe it to be."

"If you believe that the Sith have the right of it, you know that you lose nothing. If you don't, why cling to it?"

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"The children are not here, I see no reason to upend their lives and send them to the Republic and a Republic agent will not be welcome in Empire space... so it seems that I would have to agree to send my children away?" he said chuckling.

"They are Imperial citizens by virtue of birth."

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Luth has told you they will have a free choice when they're of age. That is much more than she owes you, and less than you owe them." Tethys lifts an open hand. "If they choose the Empire, choose you, then you have all that you wanted anyway, at no cost to you. If not... I suspect you lose little that truly matters to you."

---
OOC: Tethys weighs in, Luth's offer that the boys can choose to return when they're older is her Crucial Point.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

"Then I simply say no, that does not work for me, go to the Republic then, but they are mine," he said with finality.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"No contact it is, then. No compromise means no compromise."

She turned and walked toward the door at an Imperial military clip. "Good hunting."

---

Flipping a Destiny: Reasonable Extrapolation
Luth keeps information close to her chest unless necessary, and has had 10 years to build up at least a few people loyal to her. When Baras asked about his legacy early on, she only said "our Legacy is as secure as it is possible to be without being immediately under my nose in a locked-down bunker" and didn't elaborate. She's been the primary caretaker. As a result, he doesn't actually know exactly where they are right now. Probably some good ideas, because her actions stemmed from general paranoia and not this goal specifically, but enough to cause a delay by having to search more than one location.

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras rose from the water baring all his glory and said, "You wish to take my children from me... I consider this an attack on my person by the Republic. Or would you accept such a slight, Minister? I bet you would you weak willed simpleton."

"But I will not, you deny me my children then it is treason," he said cracking his neck.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

The area is shaken by the beginning of the bombardment, Baras seems unmoved. Dust falls and then another explosion from above and sounds of fighting. Then the ceiling gives way…

Baras caught the rubble and tossed it aside, while Draahg just weathered the rubble undeterred, focusing his cold fury on the Minister.

OOC: Hard Coordination or Resilience check or suffer 10 wounds from falling debris. A player can also use Move to catch debris and save themselves, they need to be able to lift a Silhouette 3 object.

Baras suffered 2 strain and flipped a Destiny, catching the rubble. Draahg is unharmed. Incidental to draw his lightsaber, and using Advantage to draw his second one as maneuver, last to give Sylvain a setback on his check.

Move + Discipline: 4eP+1eA+3eD+3eF 4 successes, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Draahg Resilience: 4eP+2eA+3eD 1 success, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth dodged forward in time for the rubble to miss her. "Syl! Tethys! Come on!" She aimed to get out. No reason to fight here.

D8, Baras Thread - Coordination v Hard: 5eA+1eB+3eD+2eF 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Fucked up the initial roll by putting in the wrong letter)
Flipping Destiny and taking 1 strain to use the LS pip with the advantage to give Syl a Boost.

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain simply returned the gaze of Draagh and Baras with a steely look as the roof seemed to fall all around him.

————

D8 Falling Rocks Bonus and Setback: 2eA+1eB+3eD+1eS+5eF 2 successes, 5 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

5 lightside for Advantage.

I’ll use 2 for a bonus to Tethys as the Force moves around him and his friends in a protective manner.

3 more advantage for strain recovery I suppose? Or some narrative boon if not strain.
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

“Right behind you,” Tethys calls to Luth and Sylvain in a voice that’s loud enough to carry over the noise but still level. This is sort of the result she expected from this encounter… except for the part where the ceiling fell in.

She avoids the rubble adroitly, keeping her guard up as she follows Luth toward the tunnel leading to the rest of the base.

—-
D8 MA—rocks fall, hard resilience with Enhance, boost from Sylvain: 2eA+1eB+3eD+3eF 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

Light side pips convert to 1 sux 1 adv. Dodge successfully.

2 adv total, boost the next PC if the scene continues with more rolls.

Incidental: activate Center of Being for 1strain.
Calming Aura always on, force powers targeting T generate one less FP.

On phone, apologies for awkward posting/typos. Will be afk for another hour or two is all.

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“Draahg, kill the Minister, he has outlived his usefulness,” Baras intoned.

OOC: Initiative, since they were having a conversation, everyone is basically at Short to everyone else. Baras is Adversary 3, Draahg is Adversary 2 with defense 3.

Vigilance for initiative.

Baras Init: 4eP+1eB 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Draahg Cool + Force: 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eF 1 success, 2 advantage, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

*Played by Dapper Dog
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draahg nodded and said, "Finally."
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Luth readied herself. It was what it was.

D8, Baras Thread - Initiative, vigilance: 1eP+1eA+2eB 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
D8, Baras Thread - Tethys Boost: 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
Image (Forgot Tethys had a boost for the next roll)

Wounds: 0/12
Strain: 2/12
Melee Def: 1
Ranged Def: 1
Soak: 4
Last edited by Luth Khalan on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain readied himself…

Looking to Draagh he spoke, “I don’t even know who you are…”

————

D8 Init Vigilance: 2eP+1eA+1eB+5eF 1 success, 4 advantage, 3 Light Side, 3 Dark Side

Gives me 4 Successes and 4 Adv

Wounds: 18/18
Strain: 23/23
Ranged Def: 2

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"This is your choice, Sith," she reminds the two men in the same tense but level voice. "It's not too late to make a different one."

--
D8 MA--Vigilance for init, nothing fancy to add: 4eA 4 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Wounds: 0/16
Strain: 1/18 (cap one less than usual b/c of Layne's Obligation, I believe?)
Soak 5 (Jedi Armor, Superior)
Melee/Ranged Defense: both 1 (armor, no weapons out)

Stimpacks carried: 8 (2 in Military Pouch: draw as incidental)

Tethys has her lightsaber and energy buckler, but neither is out right now. They'll each take a maneuver to activate.
Center of Being: increases the crit rating of attacks against Tethys for 1 round. Currently activated (incidental).
Calming Aura: when an opponent targets Tethys with a Force power, after generating FP, reduce the total by 1. Always active.
Once her saber is out she has parry and reflect, both block 5 damage at a cost of 4 strain.

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draahg said, "This is Sith business then, stand aside and let us handle this, she may claim to be Republic but she has murdered more than her fair share of Repubiic citizens."

"I was there for many of them, even on Bankor."

OOC: Everyone is basically at Short to everyone else. Baras is Adversary 3, Draahg is Adversary 2 with defense 3. Will Flip Destiny if either is attacked, Draahg and Baras are Engaged. I will note they have yet to actually act, in case that matters to the Jedi.

Initiative

PC
PC
PC
NPC
NPC

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain was not a fan of being assassinated… And he lashed out with his knowledge of the force on the over exuberant Draagh attempting to freeze him in place…

Spinning around he then called upon the Light to protect him and Luth from their attackers.

————

D8 R1 Unleash Draagh -2setback from talent Aim: 3eA+2eP+1eB+2eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D8 R1 Unleash Draagh Forgot the Force: 5eF 5 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImage

D8 R1 Protect as Maneuver: 3eA+2eP+5eF+2eD 3 successes, 6 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Soo… Aim, Unleash Destiny for Pips. 2 Strain and 3 Conflict.

2 for power, 1 for Ensare 2, 4 for Strength upgrades. 21 Force Lightning Damage and Ensnare 2.

Then Protect as maneuver, 4 strain. 2 pips for power, 1 for all attacks, 1 for Magnitude. 2 for Strength.

Sylvain Protects 14 Damage from all attacks to the three of us until my next turn.

Strain 17/23

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draahg reflects some of the lighting his blades quick, reducing what would be a terrible blow.

OOC: Reflect 7 down to 14 soaks 9 down to 5. Has Ensnare 2.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"I won't let you," Luth said simply as Baras commanded Draahg to kill him. Her master was the source of all this, so he would get her best shot. It was the least she could do.

---

Quick Draw to pull her sniper rifle as an incidental

D8 MA Baras Thread, Shooting at Baras: 3eP+2eA+4eB+2eC+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage
D8 MA Baras Thread, Shooting at Baras, forgotten Boosts for Accurate: 2eB 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImage

Targeting Baras
Easy difficulty+3 Adversary+Destiny Flip
2 Boosts from Touch of Fate, 1 Boost from Quick Strike, 1 Boost from Maneuver to Aim
8 Base Damage + 1 Destiny for Targeted Blow (+5 Damage) + 3 damage (Deadly accuracy)=16 Base+4=20 Damage

3 Advantages to crit, Boost to the next person
Edit: As crit chance is increased by 2, 1 Boost to Syl and one to Tethys, the original plan.

Wounds: 0/12
Strain: 2/12
Ranged Def: 1
Soak: 4
Last edited by Luth Khalan on Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras growled from the pain but was still standing.

OOC: Damage reduced to 13 wounds.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys has never seen Luth in action before, but by reputation alone, the lethal accuracy of Luth's first shot doesn't surprise her, at least intellectually. Torsin, however, was apparently hiding more power than Tethys expected. Her dark gaze sweeps flick back and forth between the two sides. Above the waist.

With a deliberate flick of her left hand, the small round energy shield on her wrist activates, and she pulls her saber and sends its blue-green blade hissing to life with her right hand. Useful for breaking through falling rubble... or through hostile Sith.

"Dare I hope everyone has made their point now? The base is under attack. Baras, drop this wild notion, put on some trousers, and we can all still walk out of here."

Vain hope, probably.

--

Maneuver: ready energy buckler
Action -> maneuver: ready lightsaber
Incidental: Center of Being (1 strain)
Incidental: do the talky

Wounds: 0/16
Strain: 2/18
Soak 5
Melee/Ranged Defense: both 3 (armor, lightsaber hilt, energy buckler)

Stimpacks carried: 8 (2 in Military Pouch: draw as incidental)

Center of Being: increases the crit rating of attacks against Tethys for 1 round. Currently activated (incidental).
Calming Aura: when an opponent targets Tethys with a Force power, after generating FP, reduce the total by 1. Always active.
Tethys has parry and reflect, both block 5 damage at a cost of 4 strain.
Flip Destiny on defense.

Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Baras shrugged and said, "No."

Don't ask where it came from but he ignites a crimson lightsaber.

OOC: Pulls Torsin to engaged with Baras and drops him prone. Destiny flip suffers 4 strain, 1 to activate silhouette 1 move to Engaged more than enough. Quick draw for lightsaber and ignite incidental.

Baras Move on Torsin pull to Engage: 5eP+1eA+2eC+3eD+1eB+3eF 2 successes, 3 threat, 4 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

*Played by Dapper Dog