The lower levels have access to steam vents, which can be tapped for power but these do not provide as much heat and could be used for recreation.
Darth Baras

[Day 8 - MA] Hating You is Easy...

Post by Darth Baras »

Darth Baras had just settled into the bath, mask still on because why not. He was relaxing his muscles in the water, it felt great to allow the tensions of the day to melt away as he pondered what schemes to move forward before the day was ended.

OOC: Open to Luth Khalan and three others.
Dark Side | Human | Massive | Deceitful | Survivor | Treacherous | Sith

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Re: [Day 8 - MA] Hating You is Easy...

Post by Luth Khalan »

The tensions of the day were about to come roaring back. They had a bond. It would be harder for Luth not to be drawn to where he was eventually, but... "Down here, I guess..."

Well, a fight seemed less likely, but not impossible, now. Luth's voice echoed down in the steam vents.

"Hello, Darth Baras. I remember messing up addressing you when we first spoke."
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain accompanied Luth down into the vents… Staying at a distance that allowed some privacy for now.
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: Perception or Vigilance versus 3eC+2eD+1eS for anyone joining the thread.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:37 pm
The tensions of the day were about to come roaring back. They had a bond. It would be harder for Luth not to be drawn to where he was eventually, but... "Down here, I guess..."

Well, a fight seemed less likely, but not impossible, now. Luth's voice echoed down in the steam vents.

"Hello, Darth Baras. I remember messing up addressing you when we first spoke."
“You misspoke and I corrected you, every correction has served to mold you into the Sith you have become,” he said in response, his eyes closed under the helmet. His skin was pale and with many blue and purplish veins visible, but still despite his large size he was muscular and powerful looking.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Unfortunately, if there was anything to notice, Luth failed to.

MA D8 - Baras thread - Vigilance: 1eP+2eA+3eC+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 4 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys follows Luth down into the steam vents as well, cool and quiet. She leaves some distance for Luth and her former master to speak as well, moving in the opposite direction from Sylvain so the two of them are spread a bit at the sides of the room.

She won't say anything herself, for the moment, but she does nod a cool greeting to the bathing Darth.

---

D8 MA--Vigilance for probably someone sneeeeeeky: 4eA+3eC+2eD+1eS 1 success, 3 threat, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Have fun with that, sir. :lol:
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Tethys glances over her shoulder for a moment as if she's seen something in the shadows there, brows drawing together. She seems to find nothing, because after a moment she turns back toward Luth. But twin worry lines still mark the point between her eyebrows.

---
(May toss a Sense check but I will wait for everyone to be here first.)
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain was accustomed to the dark…

————

D8 Baras Perception: 1eP+2eA+1eB+5eF+3eC+2eD 5 threat, 1 Triumph, 8 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Going to Flip Destiny for that. Take 8 strain. Use 1 for success. 5 to neutralize threat. 2 to heal 2 strain each with my lightsaber.

Take 4 Strain. 1 Success. Triumph… What are my options?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

OOC: You also take 8 Conflict, you know that Lord Draahg is lurking in the shadows.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

“Why the shyness Draagh?” The Minister said with a voice loud enough to be heard by those around.

———

Can I use the Triumph to take a stimulant (normally a maneuver) for the thread? They last 2 hours or until end of the encounter.

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"Why are you relying on stims, Minister," he replied calmly stepping from the shadows. "Fear guiding your hand, or has all your talk about being the better Sith just been lies?"

"Seems a little much for all of you to arrive at once."

OOC: Sure but it will be seen as aggressive. Taking stims for no reason is weird.
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"And it's more than a little odd to be lurking in the shadows of the steam baths fully clothed, so let us call it even, Lord Draagh," Tethys says in a cordial tone, though the worry lines between her brows deepen, if anything. "I can't speak for the minister, but I'm just here to support a friend in a difficult conversation. Nothing out of the ordinary."

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"I am my Lord's shadow, preserving his life is my sole duty," he said calmly.
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

He nodded at the Jedi’s response.

“Don’t recall saying I was better than the Sith… I do seem to recall a conversation Luth told me where you were telling her that Baras was going to kill her soon… and you’d like to help her.” He replied.

“And then I find you hiding in the dark… One might get the wrong impression… The question is whether Luth is your target or your ‘master…”

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Of course Draahg would be handy. Good thing Tethys had talked her down from her initial plan. Fear always led to mistakes. It always had. She turned her eyes to Baras as that thought crossed her mind.
Darth Baras wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:13 pm
“You misspoke and I corrected you, every correction has served to mold you into the Sith you have become,” he said in response, his eyes closed under the helmet. His skin was pale and with many blue and purplish veins visible, but still despite his large size he was muscular and powerful looking.
"Never has a more accurate statement been made," she agreed. "You taught me expertly about fear over the years, even before I was your apprentice. Everything was some manifestation of it, and every decision guided by it. I think that's true for you, too, if the whole wanting to sell out to the Eternal Empire thing is anything to go by. Hate and fear. I think that makes you a threat, and normally I might be tempted to capitulate in turn, or to try and turn on you out of fear for what effect you might have."

She shook her head. "But... I'm not going to live my life like that anymore. I'm no longer your apprentice. I'm leaving the Sith, and the darkness. They're backup, just in case one of you decides to take umbrage with that decision. I'd prefer no fight at all, though."

"I'm taking them with me. They might come back to seek out power, but that will be their decision, that they deserve to be able to make on their own. I'm not going to lock them into the Sith's cycle."

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Sylvain Torsin wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 pm
He nodded at the Jedi’s response.

“Don’t recall saying I was better than the Sith… I do seem to recall a conversation Luth told me where you were telling her that Baras was going to kill her soon… and you’d like to help her.” He replied.

“And then I find you hiding in the dark… One might get the wrong impression… The question is whether Luth is your target or your ‘master…”
"I mean you would know you have tried to kill him at least once," he said dismissively.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 pm
"I'm taking them with me. They might come back to seek out power, but that will be their decision, that they deserve to be able to make on their own. I'm not going to lock them into the Sith's cycle."
“You can do as you like, but they are my children as well, it seems unjust to separate a man from his children, but then again when have the Jedi ever cared about justice. Do as you wish, go be a failure alongside the Minister, but the children are mine,” he said not really bothered.

*Played by Dapper Dog
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain ignored the man. It wasn't pertinent to the much more important interaction taking place...

----

Healed 2 Strain from Taking the Stimulant

Strain: 21/23

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Sylvain Torsin wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:29 pm
Sylvain ignored the man. It wasn't pertinent to the much more important interaction taking place...

----

Healed 2 Strain from Taking the Stimulant

Strain: 21/23
"Easily cowed and broken," he said turning to the scene, "Like your failure of a wife, well late wife."

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Sylvain's eyes glanced over at the man for a moment... face expressionless... and then back to the matter of import.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sylvain Torsin wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:49 pm
Sylvain's eyes glanced over at the man for a moment... face expressionless... and then back to the matter of import.
He just chuckled at the glance, “Just give me a reason, coward, when you are dead your daughter will be next. That’s a freebie though, I don't believe in splitting up families.”

"Or should I make her first."
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

A man who spoke so boldly and so foolishly wasn't worth breath or thought...

Sylvain walked with worse monsters than this man every day for the past nine years.

Draagh wouldn't even draw a hint of attention unless it came to violence.

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

He just shrugged and moved to stand by Baras.

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Darth Baras

Post by Darth Baras »

“Well Lord Khalan, your bold words carry little weight if you need to bring so many just to tell me you are leaving. At least have the courtesy of Torsin to try and kill me before leaving my service. Then it would be respectable. But this, this is just sad, and disappointing,” he said still lounging in the heated water.

*Played by Dapper Dog