The lower levels have access to steam vents, which can be tapped for power but these do not provide as much heat and could be used for recreation.
Luth Khalan

Re: [Day 8 - MA] Hating You is Easy...

Post by Luth Khalan »

She nodded silently as Tethys squeezed her shoulder, wiping away her tears for the moment. They were still coming, but more slowly... for now, at least. The Nighthawk was waiting for her to have a moment to fall apart. what she'd already expressed would have to do for now.

Luth reached over and closed Baras' eyes, using Syl's thermal cloak to cover his corpse for now. Not the most respectful, since they were such dire enemies, but better than nothing. Then she collected Sylvain's items. The lightsaber, armor, cloak... The lightsaber she clipped to her belt, but the others she left nearby for the moment as she looked toward Draahg.

You damned ghoul.

"What the hell is your deal, Draahg?" She finally asked, staring hard at him. "What did you get out of all this? Out of any of what you've done over the course of our time on Hoth? Are you trying to take over what he had? Is that why you don't want me to return? Or is this related to some other person you secretly serve? You seem to collect them."
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

"I am Sith," he responded. "I was hoping you would kill each other but you had to involve the Minister, which I have to say was a stroke of genius. He really hated him."

"You got what you wanted, and I hold the keys to his kingdom. Now I am my own master, it's refreshing."
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She couldn't let Draahg just take everything he worked for, she-

No.

That was fear talking, wasn't it? Fear and hate. What had truly led to the tragedy of Sylvain and Baras. She had children to take care of. A life to start. A new path to pursue. It could be, someday, that one of her sons would seek out his father's legacy to take from Draahg. But that would be his choice. The cycle wouldn't continue.

A strange, paradoxical little laugh bubbled up, tight and painful. "I had a feeling that was what you were up to. Pitting us against each other, leaving at least one of us weakened, if not both dead. Called it."

There was a long silence. She rested a hand on Baras' arm, even as it grew colder under her fingers.

"I'll have to go back to retrieve some of my assets. My children, a few other things. Nothing you'll miss. Then, yes, I'll be leaving Imperial space. You won't have to worry about me challenging the consolidation of your new regime, as you put it."

Lord Draahg

Post by Lord Draahg »

Draahg nodded and said, “Nothing personal, simply business.”
Sith Lord | Cold | Distant | Warrior | Handsome Stranger | Dark Side Mystic | Human

*Played by Dapper Dog.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

She simply nodded and looked to Tethys. "We should let the leadership know... And get someone down here to deal with the body."

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

"Yes, that's your right, if you want it, Luth. Your tale to tell." Tethys's lips press into a grim line... relieved by a slight sardonic quirk at one corner. "Although, since Lord Draagh is so pleased with this outcome, I suspect that if you choose you could leave those tasks to him."

She closes her eyes for a moment, giving a minuscule shake of her head as she opens them again. "I'm afraid you'll find it a cold and empty kingdom, Draagh. It didn't treat its last master well in the end." Her reassuring hand on Luth's arm adds wordlessly, You're well out of it.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

"No... I made the decision here, so I bear part of the responsibility. That, and he was my master, too," she said, rising to her feet and looking toward Draahg. There was work that needed to be done and whatever bitter emotions she held toward him would have to be let go for things to function. "We should work together to make sure things don't fall into chaos without Baras."

A deep breath, then slow exhale. Keeping it together. "What are your plans regarding Zakuul and the relationship between the Republic and the Sith Empire in relation to that?"