OOC Chat and other things.
Galen Panteer

Nathema Force Stuff - Planning & Discussion

Post by Galen Panteer »

I thought it might help to separate this from the other stuff.
Nathema Force Stuff: This will require four players at least 1 Force user attuned to the light and another to the Dark, if you have to spend strain to use dark pips you are light and vice versa. This will probably have a high chance of bad things happening. Full disclosure.
Those who have expressed interest:
Aphr Ahaya
Layne Hoshin
Tethys Carrack
Galen Panteer
Zayne Rist
Katarzyna Panteer
Darth Bellious
Luth Khalan

Kat mentioned a willingness to step aside. While I am very interested in finally doing some Force stuff, Galen's participation in the plot has largely been being present for discussions. So, I can step aside as well for those who have invested more in this.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Aphr Ahaya

Re: Nathema Force Stuff - Planning & Discussion

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

It's likely better to go in with 2 light and 2 dark side (I suspect being balanced will help a lot but who knows). Aphr has been involved in the plot since D1 so I would like to be involved in its conclusion - Tethys I believe has also been involved since D1?
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Luth was also interested I believe.

So team could be like Tethys and Galen/Aphr and Luth?

I'm happy to be on the sideline and do whatever else that needs to be done for the ritual, such as defending those in it. :)
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:37 am
Luth was also interested I believe.

So team could be like Tethys and Galen/Aphr and Luth?

I'm happy to be on the sideline and do whatever else that needs to be done for the ritual, such as defending those in it. :)
Yeah Luth was involved from very early on plus she actually knows where the thing is which helps :lol:
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Layne's been involved since nar shaddaa/bankor more or less, or at least tied into it sort of. And Sylvain and Layne were also involved with the vergence since D1. That makes me really want to be involved on some level at least;

but of course things have happened as well which have kind of kept her from being part of the planning for this and which might complicate things for people IC if she gets dragged into it.

Because of her experiences in the vergence and the lessons she's learned from it, she'd also be opposed to what they're intending to the limited extend I understand it from having skimmed the threads but she won't necessarily stop people (but would protect them if called to do so). She *would* have stuff to say though, and it ties into her whole narrative arc, which is why I'm hoping she can still be involved somehow even if she might not end up going into the vergence itself to do the thing.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

I will give the GM 2 cents here.

The Force stuff was discussed but the people involved will be chosen in 'secret' by Senya that's the IC explanation so there won't really be any sidelines only those that need to be there will be there. So whoever shows up based on the criteria assume you were chosen/notified to be there.

Everything else is fine, and ultimately there will be opportunities after the fact to still be involved it's only Day 5 out of 9.

With that said, what I don't want is I have seniority due to whatever, as always unless noted if you want to join and are able, go for it.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:12 pm
Luth is technically LS. Yes, she VERY BADLY wants to be part of the Nathema stuff, but there are a lot more LS users and I know a lot of people want to join it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I mean, admittedly she's only LS because of some fogginess on my end on how Conflict works early in the game... but there we are.
Don't worry about toes.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Okay, adjustments made, Luth is properly Dark Side. And a lot of conversation going on.

Yeah. Honestly, I feel like it's easy for people to feel left behind in these games when ideas like seniority and who's been involved in what longer get involved. So as much as I'd be very happy to do Force stuff for a lot of reasons, I'm okay with whatever is ultimately decided. Aphr and Luth/Galen and Tethys would be fine, or however it's ultimately decided, as long as we all have fun together. :)
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

I agree with that.
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

My own interest is primarily because Galen didn't really get involved in much Force stuff in the previous games. There's a reason for him to do this one, though.

Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

I would really like to for RP reasons, because of Tethys's promise to Senya. But if there are a bunch of us LSers who all feel that way, we can always just roll 2dWhatever to pick the ritualists at random, or anything like that, and my feelings can take it. :D

I do feel like, in-character, Tethys would not think it's a great idea to let Layne in particular get within rock-throwing range of that darn vergence again this soon. But I also don't want to yuck anyone's fun if everyone else decides that's what makes most sense.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

I have my RP reasons that span commitment and sacrifice over Nar Shaddaa and Ziost. Here, together with other Sith, I finally managed to draw out Vaylin to demonstrate her powers. I have a very weak connection to Senya though. I am glad it will be decided on some GM-given criteria. Think it is the fairest. Though if it is all discipline and lore I'll bow out as I don't want to compromise the effort with weak stats.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

I am not deciding anything, the in-character justification is that they were chosen, I am not involved in who does what short of what makes sense given events in the game.

I am not involved in picking anyone.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

All we know for now is at least one light and one dark out of four. Thematically, it might be nice to balance it our with two and two (and a non-Jedi/Sith could be interesting). But, I don't think the mix matters, as long as people are having fun. I won't mind, if I don't get in.

Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Luth Khalan wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:32 pm
Honestly, I feel like it's easy for people to feel left behind in these games when ideas like seniority and who's been involved in what longer get involved.
Very much this. Plenty of new characters and new players over the span of the campaign's existence, so let's give everyone a fair chance.
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Zayne Rist

Post by Zayne Rist »

I was part of the Layne drama on Alderaan for a short time. I would like to be part of the Force stuff, being a Jedi Shadow looking for darkside things and people are what they do.
Agents of Jedi Council of First Knowledge | Human | Hero of Battle of Alderaan | Jedi Arbiter |The Peaceableness - Dynamic-class Freighter
Jedi Fighting Style 5 - Shien, and Djem So with Rist Assassin techniques

Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Cortosis Shield, P-14 Hazardour Suit, Mercantile Datapad, Comlink, Hunting Googles
Battle Gear: Lightsaber, CR-2 Heavy Pistol, Rist Ancient Battle Armor, Stimpack, Thermal Cloak, Hunting Goggles
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

Everything else is fine, and ultimately there will be opportunities after the fact to still be involved it's only Day 5 out of 9.
This is the other thing to keep in mind.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Events will go up early so people can better see what they have available. Day change will still be later this evening before I head to bed.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

[Day 5 - MA] Break on Through
[Day 5 - EA to LA] Nathema

I won't do the delay one, unless necessary. I've done one of those.
I'd prefer Nathema, which does suggest strong willed, which Galen is not, mechanically. Again, I won't mind if I don't get to do it.

Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

It's okay. Luth isn't mechanically either. I started building up my Discipline, so she's at 2eP, but I couldn't get that third point. ;__; Shyyyo would've been a great choice, but he's... indisposed.

So yeah, got 2eP in Discipline, am Dark Side.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Willwise Aphr isn't good either but it's still the preferred event for me
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Strong willed means more than just discipline it's more willing to do what needs to be done kind of thing.
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

Oh. Well, in RP turns, doing what needs to be done is very much her life motto. Even when sometimes she is being kinda dumb and it doesn't actually have to be done.

So yeah, still down. Damn the mechanics, fluff and potential death forever.

Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Ok then in that case 100% down to do this
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

The event doesn't need a third Sith. Good luck.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche