OOC Chat and other things.
Darth Bellious

Re: D3 Icy Wastes Exploration Group

Post by Darth Bellious »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:31 pm
Thank you!

As you can probably tell, I was out most of the day and am just belatedly scrambling to catch up on all the stuff that's happened :?
I've noticed you've got a lot to shovel. ;)
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jo'ren Rath

Post by Jo'ren Rath »

If there is room for another I'm keen to go. ME and Petey are good friends after all.
True Sith • Colossal • Nobody's Fool • Rath of the Empress • Big Damn Hero • Humble • Saviour of the Galaxy

Stuff: Armour of the First Wrath, Universal door openers, Thermal cloak.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

OK, since we are now in combat time, my usual is that Hacha goes last.

He probably has some of the least damage output, and since we get a player slot, NPC slot, all other player slots, second NPC initiative it would make sense to me to let someone go first. If someone has a buff that prevents them from attacking this turn, now might be a good time to use it.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Oops, I forgot we had a coordination thread and put a query for you guys in the scene instead. :oops:

The question was, who wants first turn? Only Galen could potentially attack, but probably only if he’s using a ranged weapon or has some kind of action economy saving talent (one maneuver to draw, enemy is at Medium so he couldn’t regular-move to Engaged).

Otherwise, Moyr could activate Sense (I’m pretty sure you can’t do that for free when rolling init, unfortunately, it’s a full action) or Hacha could get his gun, or maybe Baes has a prep action she needs to take a turn do? Tethys doesn’t, particularly, so it makes more sense for her to go after the killbot uncloaks.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Correct there is a house rule to start with it for combat scenes but this didn't start that way so she will have to activate it on her turn.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Well I decided to move the trip wure so at least we will be informed how how humped we are
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

I do have ranged attacks, but Galen has no real idea of what's going on. So, he wouldn't attack yet anyway.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Well, now we know we’re being attacked!

Does shock/strain damage soak as normal, incidentally?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Yes it can be soaked.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Hmm.

Does the ship we took have Gunnery weapons? I'm not sure we established that.

Also I'll get thinking on how to disable the camo
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

You took a truck, I thought, it's unclear.

It has maybe a crane, if it is Baes.
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

We brought Moyr's ship. Baes' truck is on board, I believe.

I'm on my way to work. So, It will be a bit before I can do much.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Ok. I'm a good ways away from acting so I'm spitballing.

I'm trying to think of how Hacha would figure out a flaw in the camo to exploit. Education or Mechanics maybe.

Also, I'd imagine that snow would play havoc with it. Maybe we can get the roof open?
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

There is a blizzard on, so if we bring the outside in then we are also taking weather penalties to certain checks (visual, hearing/speaking, I’d be surprised if not ranged and gunnery).

Force users gotta force user, so I assume that Moyr and I both need to fight at engaged, and I personally wouldn’t love to take a despair hit from a gunnery-sized weapon. But maybe? Alternatively, C5 is communicating with or controlling it remotely, so if Hacha really wants to try some kind of tech shenanigans instead of just shooting it, maybe there’s a way to communicate with it ourselves, or hack it. That’s if Dapper wants to allow that route—we’ve had minimal luck slicing gree tech previously.

My plan is a simple one, personally: bonk it with a glowstick till it turns off.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

I like wacky shenanigans go for it.
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

I am all for wacky tech shenanigans. Like opening up the roof to dump snow on it, slicing wars etc

Maybe will flip a destiny to get a control panel nearby.

So this might not be so much slicing Gree tech as slicing the newer stuff that is controlling it
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

We now have a chunk of PC turns so I don’t think it matters too much what order we go. Galen’s busy at work and he’s the only one who might be able to attack, action economy wise (unless Moyr wants to skip that enhance activation, I guess), so I’ll do my turn and ready stuff!

If people have extra maneuvers (I don’t, alas), we might spread out to avoid getting grenaded again. The first one may already have missed Hacha if he was at the ship?

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

I did the spreading out. Need to be careful with Strain.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Also, perhaps ship's guns could be used?

This is the profile.
Silhouette 4; Speed 2; Handling -2; Defenses (Forward 1/Port 0/Starboard 0/Aft 1) Armor 2; HT Threshold 25; SS Threshold 15

Hull Type/Class: Light Freighter
Manufacturer: Varies
Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 3; Secondary: None
Navicomputer: Yes
Sensor Range: Medium
Ship's Complement: One Pilot, One Co-Pilot
Encumbrance Capacity: 80
Passenger Capacity: 6
Consumables: 1 Month
Price/Rarity: 50,000 credits/5
Customization Hard Points: 4
Weapons: Front Mounted Auto Blaster (Fire Arc Forward); Range Close, Dam 3, Crit 5, Autofire
Turret Mounted Blaster Cannon (Fire Arc All) Range Close, Dam 4, Crit 4
Rear Mounted Auto Blaster (Fire Arc, Aft); Range Close, Dam 3, Crit 5, Autofire

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

My ionsaber might finally shine again! I can't post in the fight right now but I plan to fan out and attack in melee if I can get my defenses up

commiting is incidental, right?
Last edited by Baesal Zyn on Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Committing is an action.

Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

shoot
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

I intend to.

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Edit: I am silly, Bae goes, then the droid, then top
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Initiative order says the droid has another action at the end of the round, I think that's an adversary thing?

Top of round, since Tethys and probably Moyr and Baes(?) would need to close to melee range, perhaps Galen would like to shoot again before we get in there?

Hmm... did Baes roll init? Is she actually in the fight?