OOC Chat and other things.
Luth Khalan

Challenges Org

Post by Luth Khalan »

As suggested here: https://hoth.fallenash.com/viewtopic.php?p=6593#p6593 here is a separate thread for challenges.

Currently Luth and Shyyyo have posted in the Tauntaun thread. Galen expressed interest in tauntaun wrangling.
Sith Lord | Human | Former Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Baras' Ghost | Tired

Equipment: Broken Promise (armor), Rifle, Binoculars, Sylvain's Amulet
Luth Khalan

Re: Challenges Org

Post by Luth Khalan »

Galen Panteer wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:51 pm
I think it my be best to do a separate thread for Challenges. I have decent rolls for both of them, but I get 2 Boosts when interacting with animals. So, I'd ike team Tauntaun.
join ussss

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

I jumped to the C5 challenge, as I had done some roleplaying with him earlier and had gotten a few pieces of vocabulary out of it.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Bellious, Hacha, and Tethys are blue vertex so far (or trying to be less blue vertex than we currently are). That's technically enough, but if one or two more yellow parallels want to play there's room!
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Jan and I are on our way to save some Ortolans, I've got room in my speeder if you want to flag me down for a ride while I peel out.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

I will be the fourth yellow parralel
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Luth Khalan

Post by Luth Khalan »

In the veing of Tethys' post, we've got Shyyyo, Luth, and Galen currently for Tauntauns.

Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:57 pm
I jumped to the C5 challenge, as I had done some roleplaying with him earlier and had gotten a few pieces of vocabulary out of it.
Exact same reason.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Galen Panteer

Post by Galen Panteer »

You people and your colors. We're going to have tauns of fun.
Alderaan Nobility | Paladin | Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Veteran | Dad

Wears: Cargo Clothing, Second Skin, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Lightsaber, Sharpshooter's Rifle, Explorer's Knife, Datapad, Comlink, Hunters Goggles, 5 Stimpacks
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Also, I think only the ortolans has a limit on participants, because likely combat.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
description
Omandri Rist

Post by Omandri Rist »

Since the tauntaun event and Droid event are challenges they are limited to 3-5 players
Alderaanian |Republic Veteran | Duke Rist | Spy Master | Human | Doctor | Traveler

Description|Theme
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Omandri Rist wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm
Since the tauntaun event and Droid event are challenges they are limited to 3-5 players
Oh yeah, I forgot they ran the same way as opportunities, was thinking of event... events.
description
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 pm
I will be the fourth yellow parralel
Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:57 pm
(snip)
Darth Bellious wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:04 pm
(snip)
Fellow yellow parallels, we still need two more out of:
Computers, Cool, Leadership, Lore, Perception, Skulduggery, Survival, and Xenology

I think most of our group is reasonably strong on Int (I'm behind Hacha and probably Baes with my respectable 4). Tethys, at least, is relatively weak on Cool and the Cunning skills, so if one of you is great at those they'd be good to knock out early.
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Covering Cunning/Presence/Agility more or less.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

I guess we just need one more! It's Baes's turn if she wants it. :D

Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

I think that we are now at 3/4. I have a 2P+4A Computers roll if the need to go, but I figure that we can offer someone else to try too
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Comps is 2A+3P+1B
Lore is 2A+3P + neural Charm
Éducation and xenology are 4A+1P+neural charm
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:01 pm
Comps is 2A+3P+1B
Lore is 2A+3P + neural Charm
Éducation and xenology are 4A+1P+neural charm
Any of those is fine, except Education which Hacha's already done and we can't repeat. Just roll your best, I'd say.

Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

I can bring the Turtle in for this, since we do not need it to be Hoth proof.

We got Durasay and me. Anyone else want to hop on?
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Nudimsu wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:48 am

I've not done a challenge before and would love to join in if you'll let me on your ship :D
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:53 am
Nudimsu wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:48 am

I've not done a challenge before and would love to join in if you'll let me on your ship :D
Would not be the first Sith to board her!
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Aurilie Alde

Post by Aurilie Alde »

Aurilie is best in Survival (3eP+1eB) and Coordination (1eP+3eA+2eB)?

Cool is also at 1eP+3eA!
Last edited by Aurilie Alde on Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alderaanian | Human | House Alde | Prince of Mount Joral | Hunter | Aristocrat | Also the Mother
Description | Art by MasterArsenic

Typical Gear: Cascader headpiece, Nice Coat, Big Gun, Utility Belt, Stims x2, Explorer’s Knife, Commlink
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

From the challenge:
OOC: This challenge requires 5 successful checks out of 7, and is affected by Power and the weather conditions. Players can utilize the following skills; Athletics, Cool, Coordination, Discipline, Leadership, Mechanics, Medicine, Piloting Planetary, Piloting Space, Resilience, or Survival.

If going by ship someone must roll Piloting Space, if by other means then someone must roll Piloting Planetary or Survival.

GM will flip Destiny to upgrade the difficulty by one. Currently 3eD+1eC+3eS with all modifiers applied.
So once I remove the rolls I'm really not good at :lol: and assuming Nudi is flying this thing then:

Athletics is 2eA+2eF
Cool 2eA+1eP
Coordination 2eA+1eP+2eF
Leadership 3eA+2eF
Resilience 2eA+2eF
Survival 4eA

The ones using force dice I can spend wounds to get DS pips (aka successes)
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Athletics - 4eA
Cool - 1eP+3eA, ignore one setback from talent
Coordination - 3eA
Discipline- 1eP+1eA
Leadership - 2eP+2eA+2eB+2eF, ignore one setback from talent
Mechanics - 1eP+1eA+2eB, ignore 2 setbacks from talents
Medicine - 2eA
Piloting (Planetary) - 3eA
Piloting (Space) - 3eA
Resilience - 4eA, reduce difficulty by 1 from cold weather conditions due to armor thermal system
Survival - 3eA
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Darn. Looks like I missed this. Good job though guys!
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer