OOC Chat and other things.
Tethys Carrack

Re: GM Questions

Post by Tethys Carrack »

So... are all the Jedi who've had apprentices meant to be addressed as Master by other Jedi? Or is that a specific role a character would have to have actively pursued? Does being a Master mean you have a seat on the Council, or do those not necessarily always go together? [Prequel meme goes here, but also I'd actually like to know the answer as it applies in this game :lol: ]
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Since I can't find it and it might be relevant depending on whether or not I can convince people to pilot the Sunset Dawn down to safety, what dicepool would the generic npc crew be rolling to pilot it?
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:34 am
Since I can't find it and it might be relevant depending on whether or not I can convince people to pilot the Sunset Dawn down to safety, what dicepool would the generic npc crew be rolling to pilot it?
2 yellow.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:21 am
So... are all the Jedi who've had apprentices meant to be addressed as Master by other Jedi? Or is that a specific role a character would have to have actively pursued? Does being a Master mean you have a seat on the Council, or do those not necessarily always go together? [Prequel meme goes here, but also I'd actually like to know the answer as it applies in this game :lol: ]
Master is a form address, so i usually use lower case master in that case even if just a padawan for say non-Jedi, they don't know any better. Among Jedi it's typical to calla Jedi who is considered a Master, Master and not all Masters were on the Council see Qui-gon from the prequels. Only some of the Jedi Masters were on the Council.

I think for here only Thy is on the Council at the moment.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Is it possible to do an ‘Opportunity’ thread to start fixing Echo Base on D1?
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Shyyyo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:44 am
Is it possible to do an ‘Opportunity’ thread to start fixing Echo Base on D1?
You could probably clear up the common area or the Command Center, sure, basically the unlocked areas.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Cool.

And we are ‘Depleted’ right now so all checks for that are 2 Purple and 2 Red, right?
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Shyyyo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:50 am
Cool.

And we are ‘Depleted’ right now so all checks for that are 2 Purple and 2 Red, right?
Correct.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Katarzyna Panteer wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:06 am
Can allies and NPC crew spend Destiny? :?
Bump. :)
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sadly Destiny is not strong with them, you can spend it on their behalf, sure.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 am
It says it take 500 credits to repair 1 hull dmg. If we have something that lets us fix more is it like 500 still to repair 2 hull dmg if we have the talent. Or still 1k to repair the 2?
The latter, you just save time fixing multiple hull points in a single repair.

Under Dmg Control to fix System Strain. May we do that during the Event thread? Or will that need to be done in a different thread after we land?

I guess I should ask if we are able to do repairs in the hangar at the moment first.
If you don't crash in the wastes you can do repairs in the next time slot. Otherwise you will have to come get your ship later. Mind that there is a penalty for the base being at Depleted at the moment.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Is there anything you can use advantages on if you pass piloting roll in the event? Got potentially 4 to use
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Aphr Ahaya wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:36 am
Is there anything you can use advantages on if you pass piloting roll in the event? Got potentially 4 to use
Can boost other's rolls or use it for thematic or helpful for you, with GM permission.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Can we make a thread EM after the ship lands with the passangers?
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:41 am
Can we make a thread EM after the ship lands with the passangers?
Mid Morning, would be the earliest. EM is all a scramble to get to safety or crash.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Subject: [Day 1 - MM to MA] Lost and Found
Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:52 pm
Lost on the Ice (Late Morning to Mid Afternoon)

If the players land in the Icy Wastes they are now lost but thankfully have the homing beacon to zero in on. They can make a Hard with two setback dice due to weather (3 purple dice and 2 black dice) Survival or Outer Rim check to make it to Echo Base.

If successful they arrive in the next time slot, other wise they are still lost but the difficulty reduces by 1 to a minimum of Easy. Each check takes a time slot. If they keep failing they arrive eventually in the Late Afternoon… assuming they survive the cold and their injuries.

Equipment Failure: Each time slot out in the Icy Wastes has a chance for failure, roll a Force die if they get a dark pip then a piece of equipment is damaged per pip, player’s choice but must be a piece of gear worth at least 500 credits or greater.

OOC: Make a thread in the Icy Wastes, if part of a crew all members should be in that thread. Otherwise if solo can join other lost threads in the Icy Wastes up to a maximum of three. This is not limited by faction if going solo.
Damaged equipment can be repaired as per the normal rules (ranging from Minor, Moderate, and Major in severity depending on how many Dark pips are produced)?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Yep.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Can I use my fusion lantern as a Power source to mitigate power loss in a limites area?

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wi ... on_Lantern
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Pipka

Post by Pipka »

Is there a limit on dice pool. When we were talking earlier about upgrading combat checks, I forgot I would be firing from a ship that Hacha's been working on, so there's even more upgrades. I could potentially get up to 8P gunnery combat checks from talents/maneuvers and ship bonuses.
Chadra-Fan | Turtle Crewmate | Former Slave | Big Bangs in a Small Package | Goat Dad
Carries: FC-1 Flechette Gun, Gundark Scav-Suit, Pack full of the essentials
Speaks: Basic, Binary, Chadra-Fan, Cheunh(rudimentary), Durese, Gamorrese, Huttese, Pantoran, Rodese, Sith, Twi'Leki
I didn't choose the blue life, the blue life chose me.
description
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Pipka wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:07 am
Is there a limit on dice pool. When we were talking earlier about upgrading combat checks, I forgot I would be firing from a ship that Hacha's been working on, so there's even more upgrades. I could potentially get up to 8P gunnery combat checks from talents/maneuvers and ship bonuses.
There is in general not a limit, if you are super good, congrats.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Baesal Zyn wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:23 am
Can I use my fusion lantern as a Power source to mitigate power loss in a limites area?

Sure.
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:18 am
Baesal Zyn wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:23 am

Sure.
Does it change the difficulty? if so...by how Much?
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Decrease by 1.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »