Re: GM Questions

Post by Dapper Dog »

I would prefer by the end of Day 9.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Is this okay for a Triumph?

Also, to clarify, do we need 6 Success to complete this patrol?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

You only need four.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Hanging out with Daz before everything explodes, if possible: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=780
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Can I have Zash here? viewtopic.php?f=88&t=785
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

How long do we have for deciding on war involvement? I'd like to see how things play out on Hoth before making a call.
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:13 pm
How long do we have for deciding on war involvement? I'd like to see how things play out on Hoth before making a call.
Dapper Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:13 am
I would prefer by the end of Day 9.
;)

Also, I'm trying to finalize my xp purchases. Will there be another vehicle combat in this game?
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Regarding Syrians Sweet Revenge.

Can we use advantages to reduce wounds on all modes? Or just on Run Away?
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sure all modes.
Riss

Post by Riss »

From an IC planning perspective, is it sensible for someone of Riss' caliber to show up for The Queen's Man? Or is this planned as something far more heavily martial that sending her wouldn't make much sense.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Riss wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:20 pm
From an IC planning perspective, is it sensible for someone of Riss' caliber to show up for The Queen's Man? Or is this planned as something far more heavily martial that sending her wouldn't make much sense.
I try not to get involved in these decisions if you think your skills may be of use go for it. It does not have to be a combat, but it could be a combat.
Riss

Post by Riss »

I only ask in the case of avoiding having someone show up dressed for a cocktail party when it's a pool party kinda thing. Considering the range of it, I will give it due thought!

Thank you.
Alderaanian Nobility | Human | Countess Lanar | Socialite | Diplomat | Disarming Smile | Bisaster | Bo's Favorite Sister
Description | Theme
Artist

"It's not me, it's you."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

It's a pirate town that hates you, so yeah.
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

So for Syrian's Revenge, we can stop rolling. Does that mean we don't need to run away to stop taking wounds?
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Cynella Alde wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:18 pm
So for Syrian's Revenge, we can stop rolling. Does that mean we don't need to run away to stop taking wounds?
You could roll once and quit if you want.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Zakuulian Walker fight

Cool or Vigilance for initiative?
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Captain Syrian wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:49 pm
  • Run Away!: The player gets out of there in a hurry make a Resilience or Coordination check to avoid being harmed or suffer the players Toughness plus four wounds in damage during the escape. Every 2 Advantage can be used to reduce wounds taken by one, 2 Threat increase wounds taken by one, and a Despair means they suffer at least one wound and a Critical Injury. They flee into the wastes and avoid any further harm. Those with Normal morality suffer 2 conflict if they choose this.
Difficulty on this?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Average.
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

A number of questions, all of which have to do with Move. I do apologize for the extra work; Move is dumb!

1) What is the biggest Sil of object I can throw?

2) Is there anything I can pull off of the walker? Guns, doors, legs? Luci does have the ability that lets her tear things off.

3) Is yeeting the Walker any sort of resisted roll, or just based on the normal difficulty for Move?

4) If I tip it over, will it lie there twitching? Is it in the hot sun? Why aren't you helping?

5) Is it possible to toss it straight up? What would that do?

6) In desperation, can I chuck the power plant into it?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

1. It depends on how many pips you can generate but you should call what size you intend to move before you do it. You can't roll then determine what you can Move.

2. Maybe weapons sure, lets say they need to generate at least Silhouette 2 for the force of pulling it off, to mimic ripping off bolts and such.

3. Minions usually don't need a contested roll but above that yes its a Discipline check versus the silhouette as difficulty, as a combat check I have this affected by Adversary.

4. It can be knocked prone, but it can stand up.

5. Depends on how high you can move it, probably collision rules used.

6. Power plant is probably silhouette 5 or larger, so maybe?
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

For the Syrian event, soak still applies? So with Layne's high soak, she just takes the value exceeding her soak plus the pierce value?

edit: And possibly relevant to the above; does layne finally have her stuff with her?
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

What applies first, GM upgrades or players decreases of difficulty?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Layne Hoshin wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:48 am
For the Syrian event, soak still applies? So with Layne's high soak, she just takes the value exceeding her soak plus the pierce value?

edit: And possibly relevant to the above; does layne finally have her stuff with her?
She is allowed her armor.
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:16 am
What applies first, GM upgrades or players decreases of difficulty?
Build the difficulty first then apply the lowered difficulty after you applied upgrades to the roll.

Or just tell me what your issue is, if still confused like what modifiers you are dealing with.