OOC Chat and other things.
Tethys Carrack

Re: GM Questions

Post by Tethys Carrack »

When does spending this batch of XP take effect? I was as quick as I could be, but I didn't quite make it before day flip. :oops:
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

It can go into effect on Day 7.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

Just one more, sorry!
Dapper Dog wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:47 pm
In the morning between 6 AM to 8 AM EST, I will be putting up two role play threads one limited to Empire and one limited to Republic.

Have fun it's the final countdown.
For scheduling purposes, if we want to keep a time slot open for these, which one should it be?
Light Side ○ Jedi ○ Human ○ Tall ○ Wanderer ○ Calming Aura ○ Nobody's Fool* ○ Profile Link
(*If shading the truth or socially manipulating, let's roll dice and see what happens.)

Notable kit: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink, cuff bracelet (energy buckler); backpack and/or Jedi armor when called for; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Darth Bellious

Post by Darth Bellious »

How would Power of Darkness talent work in the context of PbP-sized Destiny Pool like ours?
Sith Lord | Lethan Twi'lek | Imperial Officer of Hidden Rank | Shadow Magus | Mother of Revolutions | Has Already Won

lightsabre, pistol, full armour, thermal cloak, some supplies and gadgets

"Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Darth Bellious wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:08 am
How would Power of Darkness talent work in the context of PbP-sized Destiny Pool like ours?
I don't know that talent off the top of my head. Guessing we would have to use a portion of the pool but again not familiar with it.
Tethys Carrack wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:43 pm
For scheduling purposes, if we want to keep a time slot open for these, which one should it be?
Morning slots.
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

Are there limits on how many people can participate in these D7 threads?
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Just have to find out, the Gree one for sure is not limited.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

With Junktown closed, is there anywhere to buy stuff?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Remmington Balmung wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:39 pm
With Junktown closed, is there anywhere to buy stuff?
Nope.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

In the thread with the refugees, do you envision a Medicine check (or Sense life forms) on the sick patients opening up any new useful information for us, or is it pretty much just what we already learned/are learning through RP?

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Tethys Carrack wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:13 pm
In the thread with the refugees, do you envision a Medicine check (or Sense life forms) on the sick patients opening up any new useful information for us, or is it pretty much just what we already learned/are learning through RP?
Yeah go for it.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Seeing as there is sickness going on with the refugees, any chance that others can try to help out with it after the Mid-Morning scene? :)
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Sure it's mostly just get them some meds and bed rest and keeping things clean around the camp which is kind of hard.
Layne Hoshin

Post by Layne Hoshin »

Darth Irrej here maybe? :?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=749
Jedi Master | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Natural Bladeswoman | War Hero
equipment: Jedi Battle Armor, Lightsaber(Black), Lightsaber(Blue), assorted other stuff
Baesal Zyn

Post by Baesal Zyn »

Is there a way/possibility to produce additionnal weapons or gadgets for the coming conflict? I have schematics for The Energy Bubble and the Sludge Grenades I could share
Jedi Master - Togruta - Student of Master Raji Xen and former Sith Apprentice - Mistress of Artifices - Maverick of the Order - Killik?
Notable: Sleek alien cyberarm (left), Jedi robes, Silver coils around her lekkus
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

You have the crafting rules, mass production is outside the scope of the Echo base.
Katarzyna Panteer

Post by Katarzyna Panteer »

Subject: The Final Days of the Saga
Dapper Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:40 am
Zakuul War Involvement

Players can determine their involvement in the Zakuul war, if they do not decide they will be placed in a Support position. The GM will make a roll either at the end of the game or before if the player decides to see if they survive the conflict post game.
  • On the Front Lines: The character leads or fights from the front, they are the first in and expose themselves to high chances of death and heroism.
  • Standard Involvement: The character is involved in the conflict not always the first but still in many situations with high chances of mortality and danger.
  • Support: The character is behind the front lines working support roles behind the scenes away from the worst fighting, thee are still chances for death but much less than being directly involved.
  • Not Involved: This war has nothing to do with me, I am out of here you people kill each other I am out. The highest level of assured safety from death in the conflict.
Out of curiosity, if we have multiple characters in the overall Campaign, should we also tell you what they choose to do? :)
Alderaanian Royal | Human | Jedi | Master | Paladin | Noble Protector | Hero | Heightened Awareness
Description | Theme | Art

Has: Lightsaber, Ulgo-pin (Cascader), belt with pouches (with stuff), thermal cloak, Jedi battle armor, medical gear, breathmask, goggles, explorer's knife.
"Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

If you wish, yes that is fine. If you have multiple characters they are more than welcome to the grinder.
Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Following up on Kat's question.

Aside from the War arc question. About how many End game goals should we be thinking about? Just a couple so that we don't overwhelm you?
Does that also apply to the multiple characters question?
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

There is no other game after this, so just outline what would be the highlights of your life I guess, I may not include everything, I would say what you feel is most important.

Multiple characters, if it seems cool otherwise I will focus on who is here now.
Cynella Alde

Post by Cynella Alde »

Dayana would definitely defect if possible. Is that allowed or would she be murdered? (also down for that :lol:)
Kuati Human | Princess of Mount Joral | Many Names, Many Interests | Motherly XO or Commanding Mother?

"You really mustn't overexert yourself. Building up a sweat in this cold will be the death of you, darling."
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Cynella Alde wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:56 am
Dayana would definitely defect if possible. Is that allowed or would she be murdered? (also down for that :lol:)
Defection is totally fine.
Tethys Carrack

Post by Tethys Carrack »

It's possible this will be answered specifically in the situations when this comes up, so if that's the case, ignore me!

Otherwise--
Darkest Hour: Players will not be able to use Destiny to avoid certain death on days 8 or 9, if they die, they die. They can spend Destiny to enjoy a Heroic Moment which grant a free two upgrades to all rolls during the duration but they will die, there is no saving them. If you are the greatest doctor or healer or whatever that person will die at the end of the scene. In combat Heroic Moment will last two rounds and then they are dead. In a dramatic scene they will have a reasonable amount of posts, determined by the given activity, and then die.
I'm not sure if this means that
a) in any situation where your character is mechanically about to die anyway (150+ crit, fell into a lava pit, whatever), you can spend a Destiny point to get two rounds of heroism before that happens. Basically an epic substitution for the usual "spend a DP to dodge death" mechanic.

or,

b) there will be certain scenarios where a character might not otherwise die but you could (or should?) choose to heroically sacrifice yourself, gaining this mechanical boon first and then dying.

Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

If you die in combat or via an action in an event where it says death is a possibility for failure then it will apply.

You have to be mechanically dead, either in combat or based on the rules of the roll.
Aphr Ahaya

Post by Aphr Ahaya »

On this part:
Zakuul War Involvement

Players can determine their involvement in the Zakuul war, if they do not decide they will be placed in a Support position. The GM will make a roll either at the end of the game or before if the player decides to see if they survive the conflict post game.
  • On the Front Lines: The character leads or fights from the front, they are the first in and expose themselves to high chances of death and heroism.
  • Standard Involvement: The character is involved in the conflict not always the first but still in many situations with high chances of mortality and danger.
  • Support: The character is behind the front lines working support roles behind the scenes away from the worst fighting, there are still chances for death but much less than being directly involved.
  • Not Involved: This war has nothing to do with me, I am out of here you people kill each other I am out. The highest level of assured safety from death in the conflict.
When do we have to decide this by? Is it end of D9 or is it something that needs to be decided before Days 8 and 9?
Sith * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Equipment: At least one thermal cloak, Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes), Utility belt
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt