OOC Chat and other things.
Nudimsu

Re: Opening Ship Combat Planning Thread

Post by Nudimsu »

That is quite the nice little pew pew ship.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

I don't know what crew limits there would be, but if able to Zeno will just sit on a ship trying to give people extra successes.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Ship: Umbral Vanguard | Sidekick: Lady Savagery
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

I will limit crew to four to keep things not insane.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Nudimsu wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:17 pm
Hacha Tsuko wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 pm
The Turtle crew is currently a four man squad

Pilot/Secondary Gunner-Nudisumu
Ahhhh, no boss, I'm sorry I didn't mean it!
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Arsele Girard

Post by Arsele Girard »

Garth Thul wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:03 pm
Also, most of the smaller ships will probably only have 1 slot for crew, so pilot/gunner is the only option.
Hm, true. I know the Turtle isn't that way with its crew of 4, and certainly the cruiser has more than that. I suppose all the more reason to have the 4th ship be a freighter rather than a patrol/scout ship, if for nothing else to allow more people to participate.

Also, how does both piloting and gunning work in the SW FF system? Well? Not well? Because if they work fine, no problem. If splitting time between gunning and piloting is a hindrance though... did they just hinder the ability to use tiny ships entirely?

Also also, I'm guessing if the Sparrow at least has passenger space (like those tiny scout ships), could at least have one person with Garth for leadership or repair duty.
Unaligned? ▽ Smuggler ▽ Thief ▽ Dancer ▽ Bounty Hunter ▽ Human ▽ Alderaanian Noble ▽ Thot
Equipment: Karflo Thinsuit, datapad, hold-out blaster, pouches, utility belt, stims, hunting goggles, wire, lockpicking tools
Danger: Static Pistol, energy packs, fusion lantern, climbing gear, backpack.

Hoth Theme
Sylvain Torsin

Post by Sylvain Torsin »

I’m:

Leadership- 1eP+2eA+1eB+5eF

And a strong desire not to die on D1 in a spaceship.

Oh yeah and like… really good at initiative.
Ghost | Father | Friend | Advisor | One With The Force

Carries/Wears: The Light, Shield Amulet, Robes

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Arsele Girard wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:31 pm
Also, how does both piloting and gunning work in the SW FF system? Well? Not well? Because if they work fine, no problem. If splitting time between gunning and piloting is a hindrance though... did they just hinder the ability to use tiny ships entirely?
I believe you use pilot for fixed point weapons and gunnery for ones operated independent of the pilot.
Duke-Consort of House Thul | Father | Imperial Noble | Alderaan Noble | Pilot | Duelist | Human (Sith-blood) | Bane of Death's Shadow | Zash's Talent

Stuff: Armored clothing, thermal cloak, shoto, guard shoto, stimpaks, tuk'ata helmet, utility belt, datapad

Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

Arsele Girard wrote:
Garth Thul wrote:
Also, most of the smaller ships will probably only have 1 slot for crew, so pilot/gunner is the only option.
Hm, true. I know the Turtle isn't that way with its crew of 4, and certainly the cruiser has more than that. I suppose all the more reason to have the 4th ship be a freighter rather than a patrol/scout ship, if for nothing else to allow more people to participate.

Also also, I'm guessing if the Sparrow at least has passenger space (like those tiny scout ships), could at least have one person with Garth for leadership or repair duty.
Miyi will murder anyone who kicks her out of HER ship
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Nudimsu

Post by Nudimsu »

For those who need it, Pages 5, 8, 9, and 11 have everything you'll likely need in order to do space combat.
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Neutral | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle | Judging You

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack, May Be Wearing a Sneak Suit
Durasay Mixo

Post by Durasay Mixo »

Arsele Girard wrote:
Garth Thul wrote:

Driving around is a pilot only maneuver. Shooting is a pilot/gunner only action.

However if you perform another action, you cannot pew.

Also remember - each weapon system on a vessel can only fire once per round. So if you have something that lets you do multiple pilot only actions, you can't fire the same gun multiple times.

I.e.

Y wing has
1x Linked 1 Medium Laser Cannon
1x Linked 1 Ion Cannon
1x Linked 1 Proton Torpedo cannon.

The pilot could fire the medium laser cannon, but then the gunner can fire either the proton torpedo launcher *or* the ion cannon, but the laser cannon cannot be fired that round.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force | Confident
Carries: Lightsaber, Modded Heavy Battle Armor, Cascader, Utility Belt
"All journeys end..."
Arsele Girard

Post by Arsele Girard »

Okay, so updated for the moment with the above info.

Garth's Sparrow
* Garth Thul (pilot, gunner)
* +1? (leadership, mechanic)

The Turtle
* Nudisumu (pilot)
* Durasay (leadership)
* Pipka (gunner)
* Hacha (mechanic)

The Bottom Line
* Jan Melmoar (gunner)
* ??? (pilot)
* ??? (mechanic)
* ??? (leadership or secondary gunner)

Ship 4
----------------------------------------------------------------

That'd leave probably Arsele and Zayne to pilot ships 2 and 3, and Darth Bellious to provide Gunnery for either ship 4 or to man more weapons on The Bottom Line. Person for Garth's Ship would be best if they could combine both Leadership and Mechanic skills since the room is so tight on there.

Otherwise really need to decide on a ship 4. Honestly, with all these stock freighters and scout ships, sounds like the best bet for that might be Bozr Thesk's Vestige. Unless we really want to make sure it's a PC ship.
Unaligned? ▽ Smuggler ▽ Thief ▽ Dancer ▽ Bounty Hunter ▽ Human ▽ Alderaanian Noble ▽ Thot
Equipment: Karflo Thinsuit, datapad, hold-out blaster, pouches, utility belt, stims, hunting goggles, wire, lockpicking tools

Hoth Theme
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

Arsele Girard wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:02 pm

Otherwise really need to decide on a ship 4. Honestly, with all these stock freighters and scout ships, sounds like the best bet for that might be Bozr Thesk's Vestige. Unless we really want to make sure it's a PC ship.
I mean I'm ok with that, but this is a PC driven game. This is a time for players to shine.

If people are "meh" or want to join on another ship crew crew, then so be it but I personally defer to player interaction over maximal effectiveness, especially on the first event of a game.
Duros | Faction: The Turtle (ok, so Unaligned) | Schmott Guy (or so he likes to think) | Bankor Vet
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

I can pilot for Jan if she wants.
1P+3A+3F

Jan Melmoar

Post by Jan Melmoar »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 pm
1P+3A+3F
Zeno is welcome aboard :-)
Czerka Corp Director | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran| Got What's Hers | Sharpshooter | Has a deputy |
Dapper Dog

Post by Dapper Dog »

Zeno Thul wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 pm
1P+3A+3F
Please note what I stated about ditching your own ship.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26&p=2218#p2218
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Zeno Thul

Post by Zeno Thul »

Ah. So flying myself around then.

Remmington Balmung

Post by Remmington Balmung »

Ah, if we leave our ship its completely trashed. So we either try to land or combat the pirates in space.

Guess I'll just try to land.
Sith | Human | Duelist | Mechanic | Slicer | Scar | Exp 3
"My life for the Empire."

Carries: Backpack, Datapad, Glow Rod, ARC Trooper Armour, Lightsaber - Gram (White-Red), Lightsaber [Disguised] - Hrotti (White), Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Thermal Cloak, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally - Hild Godslayer
Hacha Tsuko

Post by Hacha Tsuko »

That news does change the calculus: if you have a ship, and aren't piloting it in combat or shuttling people planetside your ship is in the carrier when it is lost somewhere on planet?

Plus if you can pilot that means you can shuttle the most exposed people down.

We do have NPC to fill in if necessary
Last edited by Hacha Tsuko on Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garth Thul

Post by Garth Thul »

It does seem that way, unless you trust another PC to attempt to pilot it to safety.
Naval Officer * Human * Pilot * Force User * Blissful Betrothal * Massive Dork

Languages: Basic, Aznuri, Binary
Gear: Racing suit, DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, Aznuri Necklace, Lightsaber, Thermal Cloak
Vehicles: Orosini Sparrow, Tallulah

Often seen with Major Miyi Thul.
Arsele Girard

Post by Arsele Girard »

Yeah, that DOES change things quite a bit, heh. This is what we get for so many of us bringing ships.

Hoth Theme
Lucinia Malveaux

Post by Lucinia Malveaux »

Ghosting instructions posted. Just a co-pilot, so it's pretty simple!
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohoho count: 13